Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

I don't mind 4 on 4 OT. I'll always hate the shootout, but I also know that I am a stick in the mud on the issue.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

With the NHL draft coming up on June 30, Hockey Prospectus Draft Preview has Taylor Cammarata at 59th despite his proven offensive skill set. Lack of size (5'7") and speed seem to be the two areas that will most likely keep him out of the first two rounds. Until he shows how he transitions from the USHL into NCAA D1, he's both a risk and reward opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
        With the NHL draft coming up on June 30, Hockey Prospectus Draft Preview has Taylor Cammarata at 59th despite his proven offensive skill set. Lack of size (5'7") and speed seem to be the two areas that will most likely keep him out of the first two rounds. Until he shows how he transitions from the USHL into NCAA D1, he's both a risk and reward opportunity.
        Four more years! Four more years!
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Four more years! Four more years!
          You jinxed it now he is out of here in two or three years. Thanks.
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Congrats to Nate Schmidt who received the MVP award at team banquet last night. I thought Nate really anchored the PP and D well last season and tripled his goal scoring from the previous season with his signature cannonading shots from the blueline. Well deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
              Congrats to Nate Schmidt who received the MVP award at team banquet last night. I thought Nate really anchored the PP and D well last season and tripled his goal scoring from the previous season with his signature cannonading shots from the blueline. Well deserved.
              Tough call, but I'd give it to Schmidt also. Funny how it almost appeared Haula got less praise from posters than he deserved. The team just had Bjugs and many other great players this last year.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Not sure if this has been talked about or if the class has been officially announced, but I saw on twitter that all three of Vanelli, Brodzinski and Bischoff are coming in this year. I figured Bischoff was likely for a USHL year, but I suppose that changed when Alt bolted.
                "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Does anyone know if it's possible to get Fox Sports North/Big Ten in other states that they normally wouldn't be broadcasted in? I'm moving to North Carolina and I really really don't want to miss Gopher Hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
                    Does anyone know if it's possible to get Fox Sports North/Big Ten in other states that they normally wouldn't be broadcasted in? I'm moving to North Carolina and I really really don't want to miss Gopher Hockey.
                    You can with directv. Big ten network comes on their standard cable package and for FSN you can pay 12 bucks a month for their sports package that gives you all fsn channels in the country. They black out the pro games but u can get a ton of college hockey games

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                      You can with directv. Big ten network comes on their standard cable package and for FSN you can pay 12 bucks a month for their sports package that gives you all fsn channels in the country. They black out the pro games but u can get a ton of college hockey games
                      Yeah. I believe you could also get it on the local cable's sports package...and online. You should be fine.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        Tough call, but I'd give it to Schmidt also. Funny how it almost appeared Haula got less praise from posters than he deserved. The team just had Bjugs and many other great players this last year.
                        Truth...tough call. Schmidty really stepped up his game both offensively and defensively. Bjugs might have been a very close second. He was huge on the PP last season with his 11 PPGs. Although Haula led the team in pts., I was expecting more from him on the PP last season. His numbers were down from the previous season.

I was just looking at the stats, and both Haula and Rau only managed to score 1 goal each in the last 9 games of the season. Not throwing these guys under the bus here as winning is always a team effort, but with more consistent scoring from these guys the postseason could have had a much happier ending.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
                          I live in SC. Our local cable includes the Big Ten network as part of their sports package. The regional Fox Sports channels are not offered, but the sports package does include the three Fox College Sports Channels. This past year, most but not all the Gopher games that were carried by Fox North were picked up by one of the FCS channels. Several games were tape-delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by oldskater View Post
                            I live in SC. Our local cable includes the Big Ten network as part of their sports package. The regional Fox Sports channels are not offered, but the sports package does include the three Fox College Sports Channels. This past year, most but not all the Gopher games that were carried by Fox North were picked up by one of the FCS channels. Several games were tape-delayed.
                            ^long-time listener first-time caller.

Comment

Comcast, and with the sports package in MN you get the FoxSports/CBSSports channels, plus the four major pro sports networks, plus NFL RedZone (the best channel ever), and B1G Mistake network. Worth it, IMO. There are nights with up to 6 college hockey games on.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                B1G Mistake network.
                                B1G MN?? Someone's goin' in kickin' and screamin'...

Comment

Working...
                                X