Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

    Well we are starting to see players leaving. When does Bjug's leave? Today, tomorrow, next week?
    Last edited by 4four4; 04-03-2013, 05:17 PM.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

  • #2
    Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

    Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Well we are starting to see players leaving. When does Bjug's leave? Today, tomorrow, next week?
    Yes.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

      Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      Yes.
      I heard it from the grapevine Nick is staying.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

        Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        I heard it from the grapevine Nick is staying.
        I'd be willing to place a bet against the grapevine.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

          Kinda funny that Budish said he was staying and then signed a deal.
          tUMD Hockey

          "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            Kinda funny that Budish said he was staying and then signed a deal.
            Hardly the first time that's happened.
            the state of hockey is good

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

              Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Kinda funny that Budish said he was staying and then signed a deal.
              Kid was emotional after a loss it happens, what's he gonna say "yeah I think I will be leaving the Gopher program after the plane lands back in MN"

              Nope

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

                In the Schmidt article, tDon was quoted as saying that he wouldn't try to talk anyone into staying. I was wondering about this and I suppose it's because you're faced with one of two options:
                A) Try and talk your players into staying for four years and become known as someone who doesn't fully support college hockey as a development for the pros thus losing out on top-quality players who don't want that pressure
                B) Emphasize that it's their choice completely and get those top-drafted players for at least a year or three, hope they stay, but be SOL when they leave, while replacing them with a new player for two or three years

                Which is better?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

                  Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
                  In the Schmidt article, tDon was quoted as saying that he wouldn't try to talk anyone into staying. I was wondering about this and I suppose it's because you're faced with one of two options:
                  A) Try and talk your players into staying for four years and become known as someone who doesn't fully support college hockey as a development for the pros thus losing out on top-quality players who don't want that pressure
                  B) Emphasize that it's their choice completely and get those top-drafted players for at least a year or three, hope they stay, but be SOL when they leave, while replacing them with a new player for two or three years

                  Which is better?
                  I think he made it perfectly clear why he wasn't going to try to talk anyone in to staying. He wants the guys who stay to have two feet here, not one here and one in the NHL.
                  That seems incredibly sensible to me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

                    Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                    I think he made it perfectly clear why he wasn't going to try to talk anyone in to staying. He wants the guys who stay to have two feet here, not one here and one in the NHL.
                    That seems incredibly sensible to me.
                    ding ding ding winner

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      I think he made it perfectly clear why he wasn't going to try to talk anyone in to staying. He wants the guys who stay to have two feet here, not one here and one in the NHL.
                      That seems incredibly sensible to me.
                      The last guy we had with one foot in was Schroeder.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

                        And now it's official Bjugs signed with the Florida Panthers.

                        Good luck to Nick in the NHL!
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

                          Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          The last guy we had with one foot in was Schroeder.
                          Is Schroeder in the bigs? Trying to imagine him lining up against typical NHL size and strength.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

                            Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                            And now it's official Bjugs signed with the Florida Panthers.

                            Good luck to Nick in the NHL!
                            Love Bjugs as the most talented guy at the U in years. Yet I think Nick will end up being a role player. We've seen close to a Vanek level of talent, but nowhere near a Vanek level of fire.
                            Go Gophers!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

                              Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              Love Bjugs as the most talented guy at the U in years. Yet I think Nick will end up being a role player. We've seen close to a Vanek level of talent, but nowhere near a Vanek level of fire.
                              Playing OOP at center wasn't the best for his development. Put him on the wing with a NHL center (prolly Mueller) his size, strength and quick release will be money.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X