Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gwoz Resigns from DU?

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
    You seem to be a little obsessed with DU, so I thought you might want to talk about your own program for a change. But I guess not.
    My team didn't just unexpectedly fire its coach.... In case you didn't notice, this is a big story for all of college hockey, not just your precious club of 5 DU fans.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
      Well, during Final Fives where Denver is present and Michigan Tech is not, there are more likely more Michigan Tech fans in the Xcel.
      Usually there are six Tech Fans and like four DU fans. Huge difference .
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        Well it is 50% more, so it kind of is a pretty big difference.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
          Well, during Final Fives where Denver is present and Michigan Tech is not, there are more likely more Michigan Tech fans in the Xcel.
          I don't know about that, as I have never attended a Final Five. Oh wait, that proves your point! Shoot, I got trapped into that one.

Yep, Denver fans don't seem to travel in large numbers to anything but Frozen Fours. Something about long distances...Denver, you know, is way out here. Personally, I prefer to save my hockey traveling for trips to Frozen Fours. "DU hockey: not cooperating with my travel plans since 2005."

Comment

4 DU fans? I've never seen that many.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
              And that couldn't be because of, well:

Houghton, MI - St. Paul, MN: 361 miles
              Denver, CO - St. Paul, MN: 919 miles

Meaning, Denver is 2.5 times farther away...

Also, maybe because the unemployment rate (as of January 2013) is 2 points higher (26-percent higher) in the Houghton µSA than it is in the Denver MSA. So in other words, we have to work for a living. So that our federal taxes can support Tech fans' welfare-financed trips to the Final Five.

Comment

Soph Mayfield is on his way out. Possible back lash from the Gwoz firing?

Who's next?

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthhurts View Post

Who's next?
                  No, this isn't because of a backlash. I don't think any DU fans expected Mayfield to come back--2nd round pick, big body, seems to have kind of plateaued in his development in college. I would have been pretty shocked if he stayed for another season.

As to who is next: Nick Shore. Again, no fallout issues there. His brother left early, and is in the NHL. I would expect Nick to do the same (but without the playing in the NHL part).

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthhurts View Post

Who's next?
                    He signed https://***********/StapeNewsday/status/320270114396180480

No way, Islanders publicly said several weeks ago they wanted to sign him when his season was over. I'd put Nick at 50/50 with LA. LA really wants to sign Forbort of UND which sound like it is happening.
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      4 DU fans? I've never seen that many.
                      You've got to walk around the X and look for them like I do.

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      Well it is 50% more, so it kind of is a pretty big difference.
                      I guess. It is so much smaller than our fanbases are used to however.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        You've got to walk around the X and look for them like I do.

I guess. It is so much smaller than our fanbases are used to however.
                        6 mtu fans? You personally know 6 mtu fans who attend the F5, there are others.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Subscribe
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            6 mtu fans? You personally know 6 mtu fans who attend the F5, there are others.
                            Actually I could only come up with 3 that I knew at this years Final Five. Unless you count Brent. Which arguabley could. I don't count me. And then I added a few extras for you guys.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Actually I could only come up with 3 that I knew at this years Final Five. Unless you count Brent. Which arguabley could. I don't count me. And then I added a few extras for you guys.
                              Bbdl, me, meanie, Yager, boosh, yagers buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bunt_q View Post
                                And that couldn't be because of, well:
                                Also, maybe because the unemployment rate (as of January 2013) is 2 points higher (26-percent higher) in the Houghton µSA than it is in the Denver MSA. So in other words, we have to work for a living. So that our federal taxes can support Tech fans' welfare-financed trips to the Final Five.
                                So what you are saying is that even though people in Denver work for a living, Far fewer of them go to games than those people from Houghton who don't.
                                ummm. Well maybe, but I doubt seriously that anyone unemployed can afford to go to any games. Tech's or anyone else's.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X