• Show
Clear All

• Re: Gwoz Resigns from DU?

What about Blais.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      What about Blais.
      I'd take him, but why would he leave UNO for a school that shows the lack of loyalty that Denver just did?

Blais has a great history of building teams, coaching up players.
      Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
      www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
        I'd take him, but why would he leave UNO for a school that shows the lack of loyalty that Denver just did?

Why did Blais leave No Dak after going 30-8-3 in 2003-04 and a great 10-year run there? I'm not up on my No Dak hockey history.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
          Why did Blais leave No Dak after going 30-8-3 in 2003-04 and a great 10-year run there? I'm not up on my No Dak hockey history.
          I think he joined the Columbus Blue Jackets for a while.
          Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
          www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

He's got a hell of a lot better chance in getting back to the top at DU than at UNO.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post

After thinking about it, I really hope we could land Troy Ward.

I'm pretty sure if I were in a position to do it I would place a call to gauge his potential interest.

His credentials are impeccable and he told me, back when he was here under Serratore, how much he liked the city of Denver.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                I think he joined the Columbus Blue Jackets for a while.
                Associate head coach there...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  Associate head coach there...
                  That's what I thought.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                  www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                    This ALL started a couple months back when I had the "nerve" to question DU fans about the teams lofty ranking. In the end, I was right but for some reason I'm a troll for asking valid questions.
                    What I love is that, in your mind, this is probably actually how it went. Good times. I have a question. Did you ever ask those same questions about BC? I'll bet you didn't (even though they obviously turned out to be overrated as well). Because, while you were right (which almost every single DU poster acknowledged at the time, I might add) you were obviously asking the question in a very antagonistic way.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                      bbdl is doing the same thing, but he is not nearly as big an a-hole as you
                      I take offense to that. I'd like to believe that I'm every bit as big of an a-hole as Donald.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I may have gotten a little antagonistic over the course of the thread, but all kidding aside, in my very first post I was in no way trying to stir things up, I was just a bit surprised that DU was ranked so high and honestly wanted to know what the DU experts thought. If I recall, the immediate response I got was something like "shut up you idiot" and then the gloves came off :-)

As for BC, not that I should be critiquing them on a DU thread, but their start was pretty legit as they beat several tourney teams, but then the injuries started piling up and we knew from the get go that the one Achilles heel with this team was depth. They crumbled pretty quickly, York was in and out after surgery and while they got some guys back near the end, it was too little too late as the team by then was a train wreck, especially the younger guys whose confidence was shot. So I'm not sure I'd call them overrated as much as I'd say they had some flaws that reared their ugly head as the season progressed. No matter how you slice it though, it was a very poor finish which left a bad taste in fans' mouths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                          I know Tech has experience with 4 win seasons, but that chit is not happening here...
                          because denver has never had horrible seasons? How soon you forget what things were like before hiring Gwozdecky...6 wins, 9 wins, 4 wins...same basic chit.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Stupid uscho, resubscribe
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              because denver has never had horrible seasons? How soon you forget what things were like before hiring Gwozdecky...6 wins, 9 wins, 4 wins...same basic chit.
                              I know... 6-30-2 in Serratore's first year and 9-25-2 his second....I lived through those two black hole seasons...at least it was only 2 seasons of crud and not a generation of crap

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                My hunch is Timmay.
                                No, your WISH is Timmay...

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                I take offense to that. I'd like to believe that I'm every bit as big of an a-hole as Donald.
                                Don't worry, you are...Donald is just more smug about it.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X