Gwoz Resigns from DU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pigfarmer View Post
    Rico back to Denver.... Miami is maxed out dollar wise, and I can see them needing to make cuts to their athletic budget longterm- the new conference will put more pressure on a small program with limited income sources. Time to leave
    He would be welcomed back. I think this would be DU's best option.

Comment

• Re: Gwoz Resigns from DU?

Originally posted by Pigfarmer View Post
      Rico back to Denver.... Miami is maxed out dollar wise, and I can see them needing to make cuts to their athletic budget longterm- the new conference will put more pressure on a small program with limited income sources. Time to leave
      How do you figure? Miami is Division I in football and basketball as well. How would their athletic budget be smaller than Denver's?
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        From what I know, the B/I/U part has been around for a few years. Something about the ratio of money the sport brought in/coach's salary. Gwoz wanted more. Obviously, I cannot say who I learned this from, but it was something Gwoz was NOT happy with. I think this decision was somewhat mutual, in that Gwoz said PAY ME or I want out, and DU said, "lack of success/we're not paying you what you want."
        That's the only situation that makes one iota of sense. No one could be so stupid as to think that Gwozdecky failed to deliver and that they could just go out and find someone better in the next few months.

And if that's how it went down, there's no way George is headed to the ECAC. Seems to me he's going to have to look at a Big10 school, dabbling in the NHL or retirement from coaching.

Comment

In related news, 56 Mens Division I hockey programs simultaneously announced this evening they have a coaching vacancy to fill.

Seriously though, W.T.F Denver?
          How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Originally posted by Pigfarmer View Post
            stick to pig farming as you obviously clueless on this topic

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
              That's the only situation that makes one iota of sense. No one could be so stupid as to think that Gwozdecky failed to deliver and that they could just go out and find someone better in the next few months.

And if that's how it went down, there's no way George is headed to the ECAC. Seems to me he's going to have to look at a Big10 school, dabbling in the NHL or retirement from coaching.
              ]
              B1G Mistake was the rumor as of late, but it is just a rumor. His grumbling was before the B1G was even a legitimate thought. He's looking for tMel/tDon money.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                He would be welcomed back. I think this would be DU's best option.
                Not going to happen. Anybody who knows Gwoz is going to stay away. He smelled what was coming and bailed for a reason. Rico isn't stupid. It will be a first time D-1 head coach.
                Last edited by MagnessMan; 04-01-2013, 10:33 PM.
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  How do you figure? Miami is Division I in football and basketball as well. How would their athletic budget be smaller than Denver's?
                  Those programs bleed money

Comment

I wonder if the fact that the team kind of went off the deep end with all the extra curricular stuff on such a big stage played into it at all. I realize that you're going to play physical against the two guys who scored hattricks against you earlier in the season, but it certainly doesn't look good or seem too sportsman like when you knock both of them out of the tournament with concussions courtesy of some very questionable hits. The cheap stuff at the end of the game only made things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                      I wonder if the fact that the team kind of went off the deep end with all the extra curricular stuff on such a big stage played into it at all. I realize that you're going to play physical against the two guys who scored hattricks against you earlier in the season, but it certainly doesn't look good or seem too sportsman like when you knock both of them out of the tournament with concussions courtesy of some very questionable hits. The cheap stuff at the end of the game only made things worse.
                      Completely off the mark.
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                        Completely off the mark.
                        Most definitely.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Most definitely.
                          Probably so; was just throwing it out there as the whole thing doesn't make sense...

Comment

Maybe Denver will go the route of Illinois-Chicago???? Save all that money by not paying the new coach much and putting it((argh))into BASKETBALL..maybe hockey will fold down the line.....

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                              Maybe Denver will go the route of Illinois-Chicago???? Save all that money by not paying the new coach much and putting it((argh))into BASKETBALL..maybe hockey will fold down the line.....
                              You're warmer than you think, as far as money and one of the issues......

Comment

• Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                                Not going to happen. Anybody who knows Gwoz is going to stay away. He smelled what was coming and bailed for a reason. Rico isn't stupid. It will be a first time head coach.
                                I said it would be DU's best option, not necessarily Blasi's best option...

Comment

Working...
                                X