Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trolling on USCHO is Going Down the Tubes

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
    No matter the topic, it always seems to turn into a circle jerk, eh?
    I think the point was to improve the trolling on the board. I think we've collectively got one hell of a bite. I know I'll likely never measure up to a DHG level but I like to throw my hat in the ring every so often.

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Back to back conference titles is definitely an accomplishment. The "we've been playing down all year" is such a cop-out. You think we played our best every game? As far as being able to hang with the big boys now, if you consider Minnesota one of the big boys, then I think over the past 4-5 years that we have. You can make fun of the participation banner all you want but it has now been 10 years since the Gophers' last title. You have two frozen fours since then and we have one. We are two wins away from a title. If we win, then what? Would you still take the Gophers' last ten years over SCSUs? If you haven't gotten my main point yet, it is that the Gophers' recent history isn't much more impressive than St. Cloud's, so I don't know why you are trying to rag on our program.
    I think you do know why I'm ragging on your program.
    Last 10 years? 2 frozen fours and 2 Cups. You got 1 frozen four and 1 Cup. Yeah, I think I'd probably still take our last 10 years.
    Last edited by Tiggsy; 04-02-2013, 09:28 AM.

Comment

And someone still doesn't understand....such a shame.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        And someone still doesn't understand....such a shame.
        If you are referring to me, you are right. I most certainly do not. Oh well.
        You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/capiche

Boy, you are smart. Thanks for the lesson.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/capisce
          Capisce is the formal spelling.
          Wow . . . dueling dictionaries!!! Cue up the banjos.

Comment

It's an internet message board. What do you expect???

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
              It's an internet message board. What do you expect???
              I am fairly green. I expect that I will lower my expectations.
              You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

If you are referring to me, you are right. I most certainly do not. Oh well.
                Some things never change around here, and it seems like they never will. Joe Thornton is still traded, there will be an NCAA Hockey video game coming out next fall and Union is #26. Every fanbase gets ripped on for the same things year after year, it doesn't matter what happens. SCSU continued to get ripped on for their 1 and dones AFTER they actually won an NCAA tourny game. Some schools are riddled with STDs, others are hostile and abusive, one is both.

You probably won't enjoy posting here if you don't embrace at least some of that. And if that's not for you, then this place is probably not the place to post. Because, at this point, I don't think it is going to change.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  We're the Yankees of college hockey.

Haha, what?
                  "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                  Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                  The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                  Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                    Haha, what?
                    Yeah, dude. Didn't you know that the there are 6 teams with as many or more championships as the Yankees?
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Some things never change around here, and it seems like they never will. Joe Thornton is still traded, there will be an NCAA Hockey video game coming out next fall and Union is #26. Every fanbase gets ripped on for the same things year after year, it doesn't matter what happens. SCSU continued to get ripped on for their 1 and dones AFTER they actually won an NCAA tourny game. Some schools are riddled with STDs, others are hostile and abusive, one is both.

You probably won't enjoy posting here if you don't embrace at least some of that. And if that's not for you, then this place is probably not the place to post. Because, at this point, I don't think it is going to change.
                      Did you just go all soft on us after losing the PoTY??
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                        Did you just go all soft on us after losing the PoTY??
                        Just trying to give some friendly advice.

I didn't even know PoTY was going on until yesterday, when someone clued me in. I was under the impression that Brent shut it down for good.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yeah, dude. Didn't you know that the there are 6 teams with as many or more championships as the Yankees?
                          I thought Brent meant "spend the most money yet have one once in the past decade with spectacular crashes in the playoffs"
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You really think that's the only reason everyone hates the Yankees? Every team gets up to play us. We get the media attention. Every other program wishes they pulled in the revenue we do. I seem to recall fans of NaCHo teams pitching a fit when we refused to play them. If that's not the Yankees, what is?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                              You really think that's the only reason everyone hates the Yankees? Every team gets up to play us. We get the media attention. Every other program wishes they pulled in the revenue we do. I seem to recall fans of NaCHo teams pitching a fit when we refused to play them. If that's not the Yankees, what is?
                              Everyone hates the Yankees because they win championships, their fans are jerks, and the players are prima donna's so if you take out the championships then yeah your program is the Yankees. UND could easily be featured on a "FSN" type channel but why bother? UND fans actually go to the games. All the UMTC media coverage is for the Brenthovens in the cities who have "more to do than just hockey."
                              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                                UND could easily be featured on a "FSN" type channel but why bother?
                                True they could, but it would be hard to find that many on-air personalities with missing teeth to do the broadcasts.

Comment

Working...
                                X