Attendance at Regionals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Attendance at Regionals

Looks like the War Memorial is out, the rules require 200x85. (War Memorial is a couple feet short, similar to the old Aud)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      So you like the TUC construct?
      I did not give any personal opinion as to the TUC, nor will I at this time. All I wrote was that every system will have its weak point that teams will look to exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Looks like the War Memorial is out, the rules require 200x85. (War Memorial is a couple feet short, similar to the old Aud)
        Where does it say that? I thought there was no mention of the size requirement? Or did it have a minimum but no official maximum?
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          Where does it say that? I thought there was no mention of the size requirement? Or did it have a minimum but no official maximum?
          Under the NCAA Ice Hockey regulations, it states that the rink size must be as close as possible to 200x85. The bidding process states that all NCAA Ice Hockey regulations must be followed. Although there is some obvious leeway in the writing of the regulations, I would assume that the bid review committee would take that specific call-out of dimensions into account.

Comment

Under the NCAA Ice Hockey regulations, it states that the rink size must be as close as possible to 200x85. The bidding process states that all NCAA Ice Hockey regulations must be followed. Although there is some obvious leeway in the writing of the regulations, I would assume that the bid review committee would take that specific call-out of dimensions into account.
            That's nothing new though...War Memorial has hosted before right?
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              That's nothing new though...War Memorial has hosted before right?
              They hosted a Frozen Four in '67 and '71. How much has changed since then? The Ralph hosted in '83.

Comment

You're talking about a regional though right?

Comment

With the new minimum of 5000 can anyone else name some other possibilities for regionals now? I think it brings Springfield, MA back into the conversation as a neutral site. Other places could include Erie, PA or even Las Vegas, NV. Glenns Falls,NY is just below but with SRO they could be 5000. Looking at arena stats you could include Rochester, MN or La Crosse, WS or a few in Michigan if the arenas are suitable. What was the old regional minimum, 8000?

Comment

They hosted a Frozen Four in '67 and '71. How much has changed since then? The Ralph hosted in '83.
                    The Ralph wasn't completed until 2001.

Engelstad Arena hosted in '83
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I did not give any personal opinion as to the TUC, nor will I at this time. All I wrote was that every system will have its weak point that teams will look to exploit.
                      TUC isn't easily exploitable; it's usually just an arbitrary cliff to fall-off or scramble up. No program can use it to its advantage, unless they throw a game to the detriment of its close competition at the right time. There is no other criterion in the PW process that can possibly reward a loss.

That, above all, is why it needs to go.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 06-27-2013, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        The Ralph wasn't completed until 2001.

Engelstad Arena hosted in '83
                        I saw the word "Ralph" there. How many Ralphs can there be?!

Comment

I saw the word "Ralph" there. How many Ralphs can there be?!
                          Basically in 1983 it was at the old Arena...the old one was renamed after the new one was built I believe?

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                            With the new minimum of 5000 can anyone else name some other possibilities for regionals now? I think it brings Springfield, MA back into the conversation as a neutral site. Other places could include Erie, PA or even Las Vegas, NV. Glenns Falls,NY is just below but with SRO they could be 5000. Looking at arena stats you could include Rochester, MN or La Crosse, WS or a few in Michigan if the arenas are suitable. What was the old regional minimum, 8000?
                            UMD and the DECC will submit a bid to host at AMSoil Arena. But it is not a neutral site so I don't think their chances are very good.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              UMD and the DECC will submit a bid to host at AMSoil Arena. But it is not a neutral site so I don't think their chances are very good.
                              well it isn't an on campus arena so they have that going for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X