X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attendance at Regionals

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
    Source?
    I just went to ticketmaster and I could buy a 2-day pass in row H of section 127....
    And a 4-pack in row E of section 215...

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
      Source?
      Sarcasm, not even close to full.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

espn classic , channel number for direct tv

Comment

Today's attendance in the mideast regions:

Grand Rapids: 1918 http://collegehockeystats.net/1213/boxes/mndkyal1.m30
          Toledo: 2988 http://collegehockeystats.net/1213/boxes/mmiamns1.m30

Comment

Attendance in Manchester is 8357.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Attendance in Manchester is 8357.
              The early crowd in Providence had to be around 6-7000 (mostly Q fans). Union has a good contingent and I assume BC will fill the play up by game time.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Give him a break. He's from Fitchburg.
                Fitchburg used to be a thriving industrial city. Business and industry leaders in textiles, shoes, paper and engineering as well as arts. You probably didn't know (or didn't care) that the man who engineered and built the Hoosac Tunnel (you probably don't know what or where that is either) was from Fitchburg. Unfortunately, in the 60s and 70s the left-wingers decided to make it a welfare and drug town. When you create a magnet, everyone is attracted to it. So everyone flowed up the pipeline from New York to Bridgeport to New Haven to Hartford to Springfield and Holyoke to Worcester and Fitchburg to sell their drugs. It has suffered the same fate as every other Massachusetts mill town. The successful people have moved out to the burbs and what's left is inner city poverty and crime. What's a shame is that the politicians deliberately planned this (by advertising on billboards "Move to Fitchburg and Leominster" - and live on welfare). Funny that none of THEM live here, though. They all live in affluent towns. We will probably move away eventually, but declining property values make it difficult to sell without downsizing. My wife actually wanted to build in the suburbs but I thought it would be cheaper in the city, plus I'm 1.7 miles from commuter rail and .9 miles from the highway and is convenient to everything. But...she was right - I was stubborn, so I'm paying for it now. It's just a sad commentary that has been repeated over and over all across this country.

Comment

For those who may know, is there a reason they can't use only 2 sites as opposed to 4?
                  Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                    For those who may know, is there a reason they can't use only 2 sites as opposed to 4?
                    Probably only because it would be a lot of games at each site with the 16 team format.

Comment

Ken Schott (Union beat writer) just tweeted attendance in Providence is 6, 253.

Comment

Attendance at the Dunk: 6,253

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                          There are a lot of who think returning to home rinks would be a step in the wrong direction. You want Quinnipiac hosting a regional? Do you even know that Quinnipiac could host a regional?
                          Point well taken; Quinny's rink holds only 3,084, which is less than is ideal. But I guarantee you that if the #1 seed hosted the regional, it would be sold out. And 3,084 would be more than attended in Toledo and Grand Rapids this weekend.

And sometimes Wisconsin would host and you'd sell out 15,000. That's a lot of money in the NCAA's pocket.

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          You have to remember that New England has a high population density. ALL of the "neutral" arenas around here Hartford, Providence, Springfield, Worcester, Boston, Manchester, Portland are STILL within one to two hours of EVERY school. It's not like that out West. It's ludicrous to be playing a regional where every school has to travel over 500 miles. People just aren't going to go.
                          I think that this is exactly right. The only place in the country that is crazy enough about college hockey that maybe a significant number of neutrals will turn out for a regional is Minnesota. Anywhere else, you need a local team, and that's hard to guarantee outside New England. (Well, if Michigan hosts a regional, as was the case in Grand Rapids this year, you have a guaranteed local team 22 years out of 23. ) But there have been far too many empty Midwest and West regionals in recent years, and that will never change with the distances.

In the end, more tickets sold means more money in the pockets of the NCAA. Maybe there are other political forces at play, but I suspect that sooner or later, the financial incentives will send the early rounds back to home ice.
                          Last edited by MichFan; 03-30-2013, 09:33 PM. Reason: Fixed grammar

Comment

Numbers so far

Manchester 8049, 8357
                            Providence 6253
                            Grand Rapids 2289, 1918
                            Toledo 2988

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              Numbers so far

Manchester 8049, 8357
                              Providence 6253
                              Grand Rapids 2289, 1918
                              Toledo 2988
                              they should just have all the regionals in the east where the real fans are.

manchvegas, providence, worcester, & albany/bridgeport/springfield
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                they should just have all the regionals in the east where the real fans are.

manchvegas, providence, worcester, & albany/bridgeport/springfield
                                Not gonna bite.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X