Re: Attendance at Regionals

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      What's capacity?
      10,019 for hockey.

Comment

What's capacity?
        Capacity in Manchester is about 10,000 for hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          ~10k
          Originally posted by chickod View Post
          10,019 for hockey.
          Originally posted by Piels25 View Post
          Capacity in Manchester is about 10,000 for hockey games.
          Thanks, but I asked Priceless.

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised to see Manchester sell out then with it being Lowell and UNH tomorrow...
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

10k in Prov might be a stretch but 8k isnt imo. BC, Q and U are pretty close. BC's good for 3k and Q&U should be good for 2k each.

Prices are too high. I'm not a casual fan but I wouldn't drop the $320 to get me and my kids two day passes. Manchester's AHL team charges $13 for kids and $18-$30 for adults depending on seats. I'm quite sure they advertised the Regional during those games and had some of those fans interested until they found out the price.

Comment

Don't think bc is on spring break but don't expect many students there during easter weekend.

Chickod even the game at the garden was unique in that it had the potential to be parker's last game...more bu fans than usual.

I just don't expect to see the bc following I've seen at other regionals. I'll be optimistic and say 5,000 tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                I just don't expect to see the bc following I've seen at other regionals. I'll be optimistic and say 5,000 tomorrow.
                Yeah, and that's why I said I don't see any way they can get 10,000 in there. Hockey might be popular in Rhode Island, but you're not getting that kind of a walk-up on Easter weekend. Not to mention the ludicrous starting time. Maybe the NCAA thinks the earth rotates the other way and 9:00 here is 11:00 in the Mountain time zone.

Comment

Thanks, but I asked Priceless..
                  Oh, sorry. Capacity in Manchester is about 10,000 for hockey games.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus of Suburbia View Post
                    I do not know why the games were so early. Minnesota/Yale game should started at 5:00 ET and North Dakota/ Niagara should started at 9:30 ET.
                    Sorry, but that's just ridiculous. That would have the 2nd game ending after midnight. Large portions of the crowd are coming in either from Detroit area or Chicago area and are returning to their homes afterwards. It's not doable with an evening schedule.

The low attendance is obviously because neither Michigan nor Western made it. The schools that did make it are all to far away to get large numbers out to the venue.

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                      Frozen 4's at joe Louis were well attended

Last one was way back in 1990
                      Lots of Wisconsin fans there
                      Agreed. The Harvard-North Dakota semi-final in 1987 was near full, and no, it wasn't the same night as Michigan State's quarterfinal.

But the Frozen Four is the Frozen Four. It has its hardcore regulars who will go wherever it is. You could hold it in Pyongyang and it would sell out.

I think that everyone agrees that the current regional system is broken, except the NCAA itself. If the NCAA wants the first two rounds on the same weekend, then let the 1 seed host the whole regional. Sure, it's a huge advantage, but if you're a 1, you've earned it, and the crowd won't be dead then.

Comment

Thanks, but I asked Priceless.

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised to see Manchester sell out then with it being Lowell and UNH tomorrow...
                        I would, the BU-UNH regional final in 2009 didn't sell out. Maybe perhaps it would since Lowell is a bit closer and a larger number of Lowell fans have cars, and the BU game was on a Sunday night, but that game, a more compelling match up to grab the casual local fan, only drew 7,800. The UNH-Notre Dame final in 2011 didn't even crack 6K.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                          Sorry, but that's just ridiculous. That would have the 2nd game ending after midnight. Large portions of the crowd are coming in either from Detroit area or Chicago area and are returning to their homes afterwards. It's not doable with an evening schedule.

The low attendance is obviously because neither Michigan nor Western made it. The schools that did make it are all to far away to get large numbers out to the venue.
                          OK, how about 4:00 and 7:30. While a late, late night game of course is a bad idea, a 2 PM game is n equally bad idea on a weekday.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by MichFan View Post
                            But the Frozen Four is the Frozen Four. It has its hardcore regulars who will go wherever it is. You could hold it in Pyongyang and it would sell out.
                            As long as it's not in a prison camp or a football field

I think that everyone agrees that the current regional system is broken, except the NCAA itself. If the NCAA wants the first two rounds on the same weekend, then let the 1 seed host the whole regional. Sure, it's a huge advantage, but if you're a 1, you've earned it, and the crowd won't be dead then.
                            I think everyone agrees that it would be nice if attendance at the regionals were better. There are a lot of who think returning to home rinks would be a step in the wrong direction. You want Quinnipiac hosting a regional? Do you even know that Quinnipiac could host a regional?

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                              As long as it's not in a prison camp or a football field
                              where else would it be?

Comment

Geesh.....the seats looked empty at all the games I watched.
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X