Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attendance at Regionals

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    You're right, that is a possibility. But it doesn't seem to be a likely one.
    I think it would have help having some local people attend plus the fanbase would have to take a full day of work off. Example N. Dakota fans could worked a half day or something and flown out. I am guessing most fans did a red eye flight or flew in Thursday.

Comment

Attendance in Manchester was 8049

Comment

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
        Reported attendance at Grand Rapids: 2,289.

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/12...s/mndknia1.m29
        Lets go there again in 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Providence should be a little better , I think about 10,000 plus ...

Comment

10,000 plus in providence? No chance. Will be lucky to get 5000

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              10,000 plus in providence? No chance. Will be lucky to get 5000
              ok JD we will make a high stakes wager ... i say at least what manchavegas gets ..

Comment

And if college hockey gets miniscule tv numbers, why are they so concerned with staggering games?
                You know...that's a really good point and so obvious I don't know why someone hasn't thought of it before. All we hear year after year is "TV controls everything." I say, "WHY???" Nobody's watching anyway. So I guess the answer is, it's gotten to the point where the gate revenue is inconsequential. Regardless of who is actually watching, the TV revenue apparently is more important. Some executive idiot is deciding that they are going to pay enough for the rights to these games that it obviously supersedes the concern about attendance. Of course, if that's the case, then why don't they lower ticket prices??? Interesting topic for discussion, and alluding to an earlier discussion on another thread today, I really think it's time to reconsider going back to the Super-Regionals (two six-team regionals). It's embarrassing to watch the empty arenas in some of these games.

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                  Providence should be a little better , I think about 10,000 plus ...
                  You must be delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    You must be delusional.
                    I have known to be delusional , hockey does well in providence , not that this is the prov, bruins but they draw pretty decent crowds . Hockey is big in RI , and its been a while since we have had the ncaas...we shall see

Comment

Unh, I love your optimism but don't think it will be anything near manchester

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                        I have known to be delusional , hockey does well in providence , not that this is the prov, bruins but they draw pretty decent crowds . Hockey is big in RI , and its been a while since we have had the ncaas...we shall see
                        I'm just talking in terms of the teams. You don't have any big state schools there, and BC hasn't been known to exactly draw millions of fans. I'm just saying...who's going to bring the fans to fill it up? Certainly not Quinnipiac, Canisius or Union. Not like a Maine or UNH, or even Big 10 huge schools like Michigan or Wisconsin. Just don't see it happening...

Comment

Chickod, bc fan support has been as good as any other team in HE over the past five years. Major problems are prices, easter weekend, not an "attractive" field and bc game at 9 pm at the earliest. Just a horrible combination.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            What's capacity?
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Chickod, bc fan support has been as good as any other team in HE over the past five years. Major problems are prices, easter weekend, not an "attractive" field and bc game at 9 pm at the earliest. Just a horrible combination.
                              Well, it ought to be given your current success. Besides, that's why I said "Quinnipiac, Canisius or Union" won't bring many fans. I don't think BC is going to bring 7000 fans to get the total figure to 10,000 - that's all. I mean, c'mon...BU had at least as many as BC last Friday night and that was played five miles from BC's campus.

Comment

Isn't BC on spring break this week?

Comment

Working...
                                X