Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bottom Feeders Bracket: Let the Tournament Begin

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Any word on the results from the BFB regionals?
    I thought a goal was scored, but alas, I couldn't tell because it was at the 10-minute mark, and the ham had to ID, and the puck had already been dropped again. Sadly, he's a tech, and is only sending 5 WPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
      All times are local, but good luck finding them on any broadcast. As of today, the committee has not been able to sell the broadcast rights to any of the regionals.
      Well, bundling them in with a time-share on Cyprus wasn't really the best idea.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

It appears as though all four of our regional reporters are MIA. We knew there was a risk in allowing them to draw a portion of their expense money in advance, but they all banded together and insisted. Local authorities at all four sites are searching cheap motels, bars, back alleys and dollar stores. We figure they couldn't have gotten far on the meager advance.
        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

It appears as though all four of our regional reporters are MIA. We knew there was a risk in allowing them to draw a portion of their expense money in advance, but they all banded together and insisted. Local authorities at all four sites are searching cheap motels, bars, back alleys and dollar stores. We figure they couldn't have gotten far on the meager advance.
          Skip on 80m CW allowed me to pick up the Duluth late semifinal. Although the broadcaster was going 5 WPM, I was able to hear AIC 3 Penn State 0, as he was able to get that through before needing to ID again.

Unfortunately, the ham in Barrow decided to broadcast on 80m as well, so I wasn't able to pick it up from my location at the time the games were played.

Comment

The carrier pigeon just arrived with the results of the early semi-final from Duluth.
            Princeton defeats Army 6-2.
            Still waiting for confirmation on the late semi, but if Flagdude's info is correct, looks like Army vs Penn State for the regional chumpionship

Comment

Although the ham in Brewster was on 10m, I was somehow able to pick up the long-path signal. I think the ham learned from Andres Cantor since he had to ID in the middle of every goal call. From what I heard, Vermont was able to defeat Alabama-Huntsville by a score of 5 to 1, however we had an upset in the other game, as Bemidji State was able to defeat RIT in a game that was heavily delayed and went to a record six overtimes, 2-1.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Although the ham in Brewster was on 10m, I was somehow able to pick up the long-path signal. I think the ham learned from Andres Cantor since he had to ID in the middle of every goal call. From what I heard, Vermont was able to defeat Alabama-Huntsville by a score of 5 to 1, however we had an upset in the other game, as Bemidji State was able to defeat RIT in a game that was heavily delayed and went to a record six overtimes, 2-1.
                That means UAH and RIT are set to square off (or already have squared off) the NE regional title.

We're still waiting to get results from Lancaster and Barrow. Results being transported by Amish buggy and dog-sled, respectively.

Comment

That means UAH and RIT are set to square off (or already have squared off) the NE regional title.

We're still waiting to get results from Lancaster and Barrow. Results being transported by Amish buggy and dog-sled, respectively.
                  I'll continue to check my notes to see if the ham radio operators sent anything meaningful. I'm thinking the frequencies may have been in use, but I'll keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Whoa, they play full overtime?

I thought you'd declare them both winners and eliminate them.
                    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post

There's no byes to the chumpionship. One team must lose.

Comment

Running time, I think.

Comment

Well, overtime so long as the refs think they're being paid
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

There are refs? Crap...the host committee at Gallaudet here may have to improvise for the Finals now.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing Denver make a run in this tourney next year.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                                There are refs? Crap...the host committee at Gallaudet here may have to improvise for the Finals now.
                                It's the replacement refs they used after Jim Schönfeld told the real ones to have another doughnut.

Comment

Working...
                                X