Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snively65
    replied
    Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Here is where AHA teams stand in OOC games so far this season (wins-losses-ties, points):
    Air Force, 3-3-1, 7
    Mercyhurst, 2-6-1, 5
    RIT, 1-4-2, 4
    UConn, 1-3-1, 3
    Bentley, 1-5-0, 2
    Sacred Heart, 1-5-0, 2
    Canisius, 1-4-0, 2
    Niagara, 0-6-1, 1
    AIC, 0-3-0, 0
    Holy Cross, 0-5-0, 0
    Robert Morris, 0-5-0, 0
    Army, 0-3-0, 0

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
    How is the promotion of the program been going, any news on the front?
    Agree, not sure what you mean by "promotion?"

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    So, what are you thinking will happen at Air Force this coming weekend, especially compared to our success last time out there?

And, did I miss your last week's prediction tallies in Lerch's AHA column today?

And, what happened to Humanoid?
    My goal is to get to the Air Force matchup before I take off (no pun intended) for Thanksgiving.

As for the prediction tallies, we typically do the tally on Friday with the selection column, so I know that it'll be htere. I waxed him last week which means I'm going to get waxed this week.

Here's some awards to chew on for the first part of the season: http://jarpride.com/2013/11/26/falco...-third-awards/

And last, I've actually talked to Humanoid. He's been a little active over on the Brown board but otherwise hasn't been checking into this stuff a lot. I'll let him know some people are asking for him to weigh in. Personally, I know that he grew tired of the constant belittling and bickering on the boards to the point where the discussion went from productive about the Falcons to counterproductive with moaning about the coaches, the lack of administrative support, or whatever. Those comments had run its course, so he stopped posting. Or as he told me, not everyone has a job that allows them to argue with the internets haha.

If I don't get the chance, wishing everyone here a good Thanksgiving. Hopefully y'all get to eat till you burst, and wake up from your nap in time to watch the games on Friday and Saturday (yes, that would include a 30 hour nap).

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Not sure what you mean.

But, as of yesterday, we are 1-2 against ranked teams this season (Quinnipiac 5th, Omaha 16th). Perhaps BU will climb back up by the time we play them next month to give us a chance to even that up.

Also, as of today we are ranked 6th in RPI for AHA teams; big opportunity to move up in that ranking this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    Snively - I address that in my checkpoint (shameless self plug).

http://jarpride.com/2013/11/25/falco...-and-analysis/
    So, what are you thinking will happen at Air Force this coming weekend, especially compared to our success last time out there?

And, did I miss your last week's prediction tallies in Lerch's AHA column today?

And, what happened to Humanoid?

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Sounds like you are suggesting that playing or not playing defense only concerns the D-men and goalie, Dan. But, I think that the Bentley forwards were equally at fault for not playing better defense against AIC. And, I am assuming that the forwards played much better defense against UConn and Holy Cross, as I was not able to see either of those two games.
    Snively - I address that in my checkpoint (shameless self plug).

http://jarpride.com/2013/11/25/falco...-and-analysis/

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    Sounds like you are suggesting that playing or not playing defense only concerns the D-men and goalie, Dan. But, I think that the Bentley forwards were equally at fault for not playing better defense against AIC. And, I am assuming that the forwards played much better defense against UConn and Holy Cross, as I was not able to see either of those two games.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Storylines for the past weekend:

http://jarpride.com/2013/11/21/story...nn-holy-cross/

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Be great to pick up some more points at Air Force, any fans going?? post some updates... I think wwjg mentioned he would be attending and he can post as he did from omaha please.
    My brother, who lives in Lakewood, may catch one Bentley and one UNH game (the Cats are visiting CC). I had hoped to fly out for the break, but too much work.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Be great to pick up some more points at Air Force, any fans going?? post some updates... I think wwjg mentioned he would be attending and he can post as he did from omaha please.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

I picked Bentley to split this past weekend, but of course am delighted that they came away with 4 points.

Lots of time to practice and prep for Air For now, the only AHA team to have two OOC wins this season.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
    and how often does Holy Cross get zero points on a weekend?

about as often as Bentley gets 4......
    Last edited by beenthere77; 11-18-2013, 02:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

The Falcons played disciplined hockey this weekend, taking fewer dumb penalties. Also, they re-found their long lost PP from early last season. So, 3-2 against their eastern pod brethren. Now, time to see how the eastern pod teams stack up against the western pod.
    Yes, they did, what a little benching can do for the penalty prone......

Nice "winning line up" to bring into the Air Force Weekend. Top to bottom. Obviously the Defensive shut down of Uconn was the bigger of the two, more important to not give up than get goals in some games...And the return of the PP!.

Winning in OT is always nice but a little troublesome to get themself in that position in the first place. Rookie dman mistake led to tying goal and to see it repeated 3 mins later by the same player for the go ahead goal..... Maybe a rookie defensive coach mistake.....Accountability

Bentley gets into trouble that can lead to outcomes like AIC's when adjustments aren't made or are not based on the sitution on the ice. in real time.

Solid lines F and D , seen a bigger effort and forecheck on offensive too.

So whatever was done to lines, game plan etc to produce such a great outcome over two solid teams you don't change a thing.

Leave a comment:

• CornwallAce
    replied

and how often does Holy Cross get zero points on a weekend?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X