Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schiegs
    replied
    Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
    Alright good, that's what we've been planning on here on campus. I wasn't aware that the 14th was a date change from the 13th. That actually works out well because lots of students have exams the morning of the 14th. The ticket sales for BU are starting to pick up and the school's supply of Frozen Fenway tickets sold out pretty quickly so we're hoping for big crowd!

If the Terriers can pick up a few more wins, we've got another shot at a ranked opponent. It's definitely a winnable game for the Falcons.
    Are you a registered campus organization with an expense account? It's been awhile, but when I was there, registered organizations had an expense account via CAB. That way, you could accept donations from alumni to help promote your activities.

Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• The Top Shelf
    replied
    Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    The BU game is on Saturday night, the 14th. Originally scheduled for the 13th, it was moved by Bu to a Saturday night. 7 PM faceoff.
    Alright good, that's what we've been planning on here on campus. I wasn't aware that the 14th was a date change from the 13th. That actually works out well because lots of students have exams the morning of the 14th. The ticket sales for BU are starting to pick up and the school's supply of Frozen Fenway tickets sold out pretty quickly so we're hoping for big crowd!

If the Terriers can pick up a few more wins, we've got another shot at a ranked opponent. It's definitely a winnable game for the Falcons.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Is the game Friday December 13th, or Saturday the 14th? I know the school is currently selling tickets for the game with transportation included. As of a few days ago only 80 tickets or so had been sold. But I know many more kids have, or plan to, buy their tickets as the game gets closer. We're also working on spreading the word to get a great loud crowd. The game is a great opportunity for a break during finals and hopefully we can muster a big rowdy crowd for a historic win over BU!
    The BU game is on Saturday night, the 14th. Originally scheduled for the 13th, it was moved by Bu to a Saturday night. 7 PM faceoff.

Leave a comment:

• The Top Shelf
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Welcome to the thread, The Top Shelf. Perhaps you could take the lead in organizing Bentley fans to attend our first game evah at Agganis on Friday the 13th? Now, that date could work in our favor? An opportunity for a study break during final exams.
    Is the game Friday December 13th, or Saturday the 14th? I know the school is currently selling tickets for the game with transportation included. As of a few days ago only 80 tickets or so had been sold. But I know many more kids have, or plan to, buy their tickets as the game gets closer. We're also working on spreading the word to get a great loud crowd. The game is a great opportunity for a break during finals and hopefully we can muster a big rowdy crowd for a historic win over BU!

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Welcome to the thread, The Top Shelf. Perhaps you could take the lead in organizing Bentley fans to attend our first game evah at Agganis on Friday the 13th? Now, that date could work in our favor? An opportunity for a study break during final exams.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Howdy. We're The Top Shelf, a small (but growing) group of rowdy Falcon's Nest students who are hockey crazy and love America. We're looking to change the spirit and following of the team on campus over the next few years. We've talked with Gloria and Dean Shepardson about getting a rink on campus and have already started implementing ideas to improve fan spirit at the games! We love chirping the enemy and getting the Nest rowdy for games at our loveable, (but long out of date) home, THE JAR. Very excited to find this forum to talk all things Falcon Hockey. Look for us in the Top Left Shelf of the Falcon's Nest chirping and cheering.
    Looking forward to hearing you guys make the JAR as nasty a place as it should be! It makes for good broadcasts when you hear the rowdiness. We used to have a FalconsNest handle around here somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...andrew-gladiuk

Feature on Bentley's recent turnaround
    Good stuff!

Leave a comment:

• The Top Shelf
    replied

Howdy. We're The Top Shelf, a small (but growing) group of rowdy Falcon's Nest students who are hockey crazy and love America. We're looking to change the spirit and following of the team on campus over the next few years. We've talked with Gloria and Dean Shepardson about getting a rink on campus and have already started implementing ideas to improve fan spirit at the games! We love chirping the enemy and getting the Nest rowdy for games at our loveable, (but long out of date) home, THE JAR. Very excited to find this forum to talk all things Falcon Hockey. Look for us in the Top Left Shelf of the Falcon's Nest chirping and cheering.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

BU is also on a roll at the moment, but will need help besides taking care of business against Merrimack this weekend for them to climb back into the rankings, all to give Bentley another shot at beating a ranked team when they visit Agganis on December 14th. But, Bentley's first need is picking up another 3 or 4 points against RMU at the JAR this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...andrew-gladiuk

Feature on Bentley's recent turnaround

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

For your morning cup of coffee:

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/03/storylines-air-force/

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Is the Black jersey with Navy Trim and White numbers our only uniform this year? I've yet to see a light colored sweater, Home or Away.
    There is a story behind this.

The team ordered new white jerseys this year to conform with the school's new branding and color structure. They were going to be similar to the road jerseys, but they were going to be white primary with silver trim and black numbering/lettering. Blue striping on the sleeves.

The team ordered them through Bauer along with six other colleges at the Division I level. Bauer recently bought a new manufacturing company overseas that was making these jerseys, and they got screwed up bad. The lettering was off, and the uniforms were anything but. This happened for all six schools, some of which were large names in Division I (so this isn't a cheapening of the product by Bentley ordering cheap. This was a manufacturer's meltdown). The jerseys were sent back and reordered. Both AIC and Holy Cross were advised of the situation, and Bentley will accordingly wear their home uniforms on the road later in the season. As far as I know, AIC and HC brought their home uniforms to wear at home (HC was debating bringing the purple, but the pruple has too much black on it). The uniforms are supposed to be ready for this weekend's games against Robert Morris, but there is a potential decision in the works to wear black at home for this weekend, then debut the uniforms at Fenway against Holy Cross. Later on in the year, the white jerseys will be worn at AIC and at Holy Cross (I think I already mentioned this).

There is no word yet if the uniforms will make an appearance this weekend or if they will debut at Fenway. Either way, Bentley will have to let RMU know which jerseys to pack. RMU has two light colored jerseys, at least. Their regular home unifoms is the total inverse of their road jerseys, with blue RMU in diagonal across the uniform. Their third jersey is also white, wiht the Colonial head on it, so they have options if they are forced to bring their whites on the road.

Leave a comment:

• The Top Shelf
    replied

Is the Black jersey with Navy Trim and White numbers our only uniform this year? I've yet to see a light colored sweater, Home or Away.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Congrats to Bentley Falcons for bringing home three points from Colorado this weekend. Need to take care of business at home against Booby Mo next weekend. If BU keeps playing well, they should be ranked in time for Bentley 's first visit to Agganis. Go Falcons!

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
    All and all a good weekend..... Today too many penalties and couldn't win the face offs! You have to question some of the centers as we have been weak in this area all year! Komm had a great game hate to see him get the tie he deserved better! 3 out of 4 points not bad. The team definitely better than last year in many areas. Congrats to the team.
    In the Komm era, Bentley is now 2-1-2 against Air Force. They are now 8-22-6 against them all time after this year, and have not lost out there in now 2 consecutive trips (two years ago and this year both resulting in a win and a tie). Could've easily been 4 points. I'm actually disappointed because it's not four points, which would've had the team tied for first.

Either way, a great job. They just have to stay hungry and keep hunting. Last time they returned from Air Force to get waxed by Robert Morris. A big weekend next weekend can send them into the BU and Fenway games atop the league potentially.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X