Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schiegs
    replied
    Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Who do we think gave them the vote?

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by schiegs View Post
    Am I the only one to just now notice Bentley received its first ever vote in the USCHO poll?
    I saw that, too! One vote for 20th; will need a solid run in the second half to keep that vote. Probably no way that Bentley gets an at large bid even if they run the table, as no OOC games remaining and their AHA brethren have been no better than Bentley in those games this season, and many considerably worse. Need to win the AHA tourney, I think, which would be easiest from a #1 regular season seed. Sounds daunting, but this team has the talent to win both the AHA regular season and tourney. But, as trite as this sounds, they need to show up for all three periods of every remaining game.

Leave a comment:

• schiegs
    replied

Am I the only one to just now notice Bentley received its first ever vote in the USCHO poll?

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Fenway Fun for Fans.

Don't forget Uconn, Airforce, bu was Fan Fun and Friendly but AIC and SH were not so fun for fans,players or coaches eh? Don't repeat Bad history, learn from it and keep moving forward. No time for trials and error now.

Leave a comment:

• Humanoid
    replied

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    I had heard that there will be about 3,000 people total between the two fan bases. Yes, it will look empty, but bear in mind that there is a substantial amount of people flying in family wise for the game. I figure the stadium will be 10% full.
    I'll go less people than that. I thought between 1500-2500 people for the game, weather permitting. That's what RIT got, and they have a much larger fan base than both of these teams. It'll be interseting, and I'm hoping Bentley makes a good showing in the stands. I'm interested to see how people will sit. Ordinarily, I'd think everyone would head towards the home plate area, but that's actually the worst place to watch a hockey game. I assume down the left field line will be the better seats for the Bentley faithful.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Any late word on ticket sales?
    I had heard that there will be about 3,000 people total between the two fan bases. Yes, it will look empty, but bear in mind that there is a substantial amount of people flying in family wise for the game. I figure the stadium will be 10% full.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Pfft; our guy won the Walter Brown Award two years ago, and I do not care whether he is a Sox fan or not. Go Brett!

Also, where is their thread on this board?
    They have their own Holy Cross board that's on their own thing. They not need this USCHO thing. It's beneath them X-P

So I decided to look at where Bentley will need to look since recruiting is a year-long thing. Some things to chew on until this weekend:

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/26/falco...onsiderations/

Leave a comment:

• The Top Shelf
    replied

The school had sold close to 500 to students. However, this was a week ago, so we can expect a larger number through alumni and other external ticket sales as well as additional student purchases.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
    Pfft; our guy won the Walter Brown Award two years ago, and I do not care whether he is a Sox fan or not. Go Brett!

Also, where is their thread on this board?

Leave a comment:

• schiegs
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

The latest history piece:

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/24/chasi...oss-at-fenway/

I'll have some post-Christmas Fenway notes and will be attending the practice for the team on Friday.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Holy Cross is getting ready...

http://goholycross.com/sports/m-hock...201312238yhioh

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

So, technically, the Holy Cross game at Frozen Fenway is the last game of the first half, if one counts half of 34 games = 17. :-)
    Last edited by Snively65; 12-24-2013, 07:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• schiegs
    replied
    Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    Storylines heading into the 2nd half:

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/23/second-half-storylines/
    Best written piece to date.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Storylines heading into the 2nd half:

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/23/second-half-storylines/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X