Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
    Here is the story about Brett! He was asked if he wanted to be on the playoff roster. Once you are placed on the roster you are committed until the end. In fact they wanted him to fly back for the weekend games but he really is busy. Brett wanted to graduate with his classmates! He could of stayed with the Stingrays and he can go back his fall. He has several options including a job in Boston. Decisions to be made of course. It is a good thing to have a Bentley degree. It certainly was a wonderful experience!
    Thanks for those insights, wwjg. I really hope that Brett goes back to the Stingrays this fall. There is always time to pursue a business career later.

Leave a comment:

• wwjg1158
    replied
    [QUOTE=beenthere77;5947494]Wow that was a quick release, hope he does get picked up. Apparently playing the Bentley game didn't prepare him well enough. A few of the other late signers made the cut including an AHA player. It's too bad for Gensler and some others before him who have the talent to play post college. Not one player ever to make the ahl. Well at least they get a solid degree. Championship level team two seasons, no championship run either yemust ar ... bad.
    Was it 8 Individual award winners on this year's team, the Here is the story about Brett! He was asked if he wanted to be on the playoff roster. Once you are placed on the roster you are committed until the end. In fact they wanted him to fly back for the weekend games but he really is busy. Brett wanted to graduate with his classmates! He could of stayed with the Stingrays and he can go back his fall. He has several options including a job in Boston. Decisions to be made of course. It is a good thing to have a Bentley degree. It certainly was a wonderful experience!
    Last edited by wwjg1158; 04-18-2014, 09:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied
    Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
    Someone needs to start it. I have two topics to discuss.
    Well. Here you go.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...They-Will-Come

I stole a little bit from yoru sig, shiegs. But really, that's the message heading into next year on all fronts.

Leave a comment:

• schiegs
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Are you volunteering to start a new Bentley off season thread, Dan? Earlier I replied to Schiegs that I thought we should go for 1000 posts on this thread. :-)
    Someone needs to start it. I have two topics to discuss.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    Ah yes, the annual rite of offseason.
    Are you volunteering to start a new Bentley off season thread, Dan? Earlier I replied to Schiegs that I thought we should go for 1000 posts on this thread. :-)

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
    Apparently playing the Bentley game didn't prepare him well enough.
    Ah yes, the annual rite of offseason.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Looks like Brett did not make the Stingrays play off roster for their ECHL Kelly Cup first round against the Wheeling Nailers this weekend. Hope that he gets picked up by some team for next season.
    Wow that was a quick release, hope he does get picked up. Apparently playing the Bentley game didn't prepare him well enough. A few of the other late signers made the cut including an AHA player. It's too bad for Gensler and some others before him who have the talent to play post college. Not one player ever to make the ahl. Well at least they get a solid degree. Championship level team two seasons, no championship run either year ... bad.
    Was it 8 Individual award winners on this year's team, must be a record?
    Last edited by beenthere77; 04-17-2014, 01:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Good pub on Gensler in the Globe about the SC Stingrays and their local area ties. Interesting that the first 2 games were streamed back to Bentley since I don't think I saw anything that they were available!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/reg...eVO/story.html
    Looks like Brett did not make the Stingrays play off roster for their ECHL Kelly Cup first round against the Wheeling Nailers this weekend. Hope that he gets picked up by some team for next season.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Good pub on Gensler in the Globe about the SC Stingrays and their local area ties. Interesting that the first 2 games were streamed back to Bentley since I don't think I saw anything that they were available!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/reg...eVO/story.html

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Gensler notches his second assist over the weekend.

http://echl.com/stats/player.php?id=5246
    Stingrays play their last regular reason game tonight against the Jackals; go Brett!

Gensler got his third assist during his call up for the ECHL Stingrays regular season final game last night, a 4-1 win over the lowly Elmira Jackaks. He also notched 11 SOG and 2 penalty minutes in his 10 games. With the second best eastern conference record, the Stingrays move onto the ECHL playoffs. Best wishes to Brett in his pro post-season.
    Last edited by Snively65; 04-12-2014, 07:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

http://www.live5news.com/story/25149...-playoff-berth

Gensler has an assist and the STingrays clinch a Kelly Cup berth.
    Gensler notches his second assist over the weekend.

http://echl.com/stats/player.php?id=5246

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Play eight teams three times and two teams twice on a two-year rotating basis. That's a 28 game conference schedule.
    Interesting. So, no more eastern vs western pod imbalanced schedules, which should put an end to the whining by the western team fans that eastern teams are undeserving of higher seeds at playoff time. Not sure how a rotation of the two teams could be completed in two years, as seems that should take five years?

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Only that QU game noted in the New Haven Register article. But, what I also noticed in that article is that Colgate will be playing Sacred Heart in two games at their off-campus Milford Pavilion. A few years ago, Clarkson played Bentley for two at the JAR. I do not expect that to happen again anytime soon. But, I would like to see Bentley get invites to UNH, UVM, BC, and PC, and another visit at Tsongas, sooner than later. Even with the addition of UConn next season, Hockey East teams will still need to schedule many more OOC games than before expansion. Also, will be interesting to see how the AHA handles intra-conference scheduling with an odd number of teams moving forward.
    Play eight teams three times and two teams twice on a two-year rotating basis. That's a 28 game conference schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Excellent. They have four more regular season games, too.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X