Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Good pub on Gensler in the Globe about the SC Stingrays and their local area ties. Interesting that the first 2 games were streamed back to Bentley since I don't think I saw anything that they were available!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/reg...eVO/story.html
    Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
      Good pub on Gensler in the Globe about the SC Stingrays and their local area ties. Interesting that the first 2 games were streamed back to Bentley since I don't think I saw anything that they were available!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/reg...eVO/story.html
      Looks like Brett did not make the Stingrays play off roster for their ECHL Kelly Cup first round against the Wheeling Nailers this weekend. Hope that he gets picked up by some team for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Looks like Brett did not make the Stingrays play off roster for their ECHL Kelly Cup first round against the Wheeling Nailers this weekend. Hope that he gets picked up by some team for next season.
        Wow that was a quick release, hope he does get picked up. Apparently playing the Bentley game didn't prepare him well enough. A few of the other late signers made the cut including an AHA player. It's too bad for Gensler and some others before him who have the talent to play post college. Not one player ever to make the ahl. Well at least they get a solid degree. Championship level team two seasons, no championship run either year ... bad.
        Was it 8 Individual award winners on this year's team, must be a record?
        Last edited by beenthere77; 04-17-2014, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
          Apparently playing the Bentley game didn't prepare him well enough.
          Ah yes, the annual rite of offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
            Ah yes, the annual rite of offseason.
            Are you volunteering to start a new Bentley off season thread, Dan? Earlier I replied to Schiegs that I thought we should go for 1000 posts on this thread. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Are you volunteering to start a new Bentley off season thread, Dan? Earlier I replied to Schiegs that I thought we should go for 1000 posts on this thread. :-)
              Someone needs to start it. I have two topics to discuss.
              Bentley University Hockey
              On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                Someone needs to start it. I have two topics to discuss.
                Well. Here you go.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...They-Will-Come

I stole a little bit from yoru sig, shiegs. But really, that's the message heading into next year on all fronts.

Comment

• [QUOTE=beenthere77;5947494]Wow that was a quick release, hope he does get picked up. Apparently playing the Bentley game didn't prepare him well enough. A few of the other late signers made the cut including an AHA player. It's too bad for Gensler and some others before him who have the talent to play post college. Not one player ever to make the ahl. Well at least they get a solid degree. Championship level team two seasons, no championship run either yemust ar ... bad.
                  Was it 8 Individual award winners on this year's team, the Here is the story about Brett! He was asked if he wanted to be on the playoff roster. Once you are placed on the roster you are committed until the end. In fact they wanted him to fly back for the weekend games but he really is busy. Brett wanted to graduate with his classmates! He could of stayed with the Stingrays and he can go back his fall. He has several options including a job in Boston. Decisions to be made of course. It is a good thing to have a Bentley degree. It certainly was a wonderful experience!
                  Last edited by wwjg1158; 04-18-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
                    Here is the story about Brett! He was asked if he wanted to be on the playoff roster. Once you are placed on the roster you are committed until the end. In fact they wanted him to fly back for the weekend games but he really is busy. Brett wanted to graduate with his classmates! He could of stayed with the Stingrays and he can go back his fall. He has several options including a job in Boston. Decisions to be made of course. It is a good thing to have a Bentley degree. It certainly was a wonderful experience!
                    Thanks for those insights, wwjg. I really hope that Brett goes back to the Stingrays this fall. There is always time to pursue a business career later.

Comment

Working...
                    X