Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Big congratulations to Coach Barbara Stevens and her Lady Falcons.

National Champions!
    Bentley University Hockey
    On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
      Big congratulations to Coach Barbara Stevens and her Lady Falcons.

National Champions!
      Indeed; great program, year in and year out. In watching them dominate Long Island University to win the East Regionals, I thought that this year might be their year to win it all.

And, congrats to Steve Weinstein also; he should be in the mix again next season for the Walter Brown Award.

Comment

• Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
        Brett went to school full time over the summer! So he is graduating from Bentley
        Played five games so far, with -3 +/- and 2 pen min; five games remaining in regular season. Hope that he can pick up a point or two.

Comment

Only N/C game I've seen for '14-'15 is @ QU. Any others?

This would be a great topic to start the new thread, Snively. Remember, catchy thread titles are everything.

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
            Only N/C game I've seen for '14-'15 is @ QU. Any others?

This would be a great topic to start the new thread, Snively. Remember, catchy thread titles are everything.
            Dont'cha think we should try to get this thread up to 1000 posts and let the mods close it? You know, like some of the other team threads?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Dont'cha think we should try to get this thread up to 1000 posts and let the mods close it? You know, like some of the other team threads?
              Excellent point!

Anyone have non-con game info?

Comment

Excellent point!

Anyone have non-con game info?
                Only that QU game noted in the New Haven Register article. But, what I also noticed in that article is that Colgate will be playing Sacred Heart in two games at their off-campus Milford Pavilion. A few years ago, Clarkson played Bentley for two at the JAR. I do not expect that to happen again anytime soon. But, I would like to see Bentley get invites to UNH, UVM, BC, and PC, and another visit at Tsongas, sooner than later. Even with the addition of UConn next season, Hockey East teams will still need to schedule many more OOC games than before expansion. Also, will be interesting to see how the AHA handles intra-conference scheduling with an odd number of teams moving forward.

Comment

UNH, BC, Mich. St. and Notre Dame are the only four left on my personal checklist. All four worth traveling.

Spoke to someone in the administration last week. The arena issue is falling down the ladder of importance within the upcoming capital campaign. None of the major seed donors that are used to frame the campaign have made it an issue. Until a major donor steps up and makes it an issue, it's going to remain an uphill battle.

That being said, it still gets a lot of chatter and keeps getting resurrected. And, not all major donors have been secured.

That's what I was told.

Comment

UNH, BC, Mich. St. and Notre Dame are the only four left on my personal checklist. All four worth traveling.

Spoke to someone in the administration last week. The arena issue is falling down the ladder of importance within the upcoming capital campaign. None of the major seed donors that are used to frame the campaign have made it an issue. Until a major donor steps up and makes it an issue, it's going to remain an uphill battle.

That being said, it still gets a lot of chatter and keeps getting resurrected. And, not all major donors have been secured.

That's what I was told.
                    You'd think with the crazy heights that the stock market has reached someone with a robust portfolio would step-up and infuse some seed money like we saw at Notre Dame. (When they said the needed 15m, then doubled the number)

Comment

http://www.live5news.com/story/25149...-playoff-berth

Gensler has an assist and the STingrays clinch a Kelly Cup berth.
                      Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post

Excellent. They have four more regular season games, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Only that QU game noted in the New Haven Register article. But, what I also noticed in that article is that Colgate will be playing Sacred Heart in two games at their off-campus Milford Pavilion. A few years ago, Clarkson played Bentley for two at the JAR. I do not expect that to happen again anytime soon. But, I would like to see Bentley get invites to UNH, UVM, BC, and PC, and another visit at Tsongas, sooner than later. Even with the addition of UConn next season, Hockey East teams will still need to schedule many more OOC games than before expansion. Also, will be interesting to see how the AHA handles intra-conference scheduling with an odd number of teams moving forward.
                          Play eight teams three times and two teams twice on a two-year rotating basis. That's a 28 game conference schedule.
                          Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                            Play eight teams three times and two teams twice on a two-year rotating basis. That's a 28 game conference schedule.
                            Interesting. So, no more eastern vs western pod imbalanced schedules, which should put an end to the whining by the western team fans that eastern teams are undeserving of higher seeds at playoff time. Not sure how a rotation of the two teams could be completed in two years, as seems that should take five years?

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post

Gensler notches his second assist over the weekend.

http://echl.com/stats/player.php?id=5246

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Gensler notches his second assist over the weekend.

http://echl.com/stats/player.php?id=5246
                                Stingrays play their last regular reason game tonight against the Jackals; go Brett!

Gensler got his third assist during his call up for the ECHL Stingrays regular season final game last night, a 4-1 win over the lowly Elmira Jackaks. He also notched 11 SOG and 2 penalty minutes in his 10 games. With the second best eastern conference record, the Stingrays move onto the ECHL playoffs. Best wishes to Brett in his pro post-season.
                                Last edited by Snively65; 04-12-2014, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X