Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Goes to show you no one really thinks much of Atlantic Hockey. I am not too sure what you need to do to make it as picking anyone of the players from our league certainly isn't an embarassment.

When do the rest of the awards for Atlantic Hockey get annouced? Friday? Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
      Goes to show you no one really thinks much of Atlantic Hockey. I am not too sure what you need to do to make it as picking anyone of the players from our league certainly isn't an embarassment.

When do the rest of the awards for Atlantic Hockey get annouced? Friday? Saturday?
      Jimmy Sarjeant named AHA Player of the Year.
      Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
        Jimmy Sarjeant named AHA Player of the Year.
        Gensler: hosed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
          Gensler: hosed.
          Agreed. Goumas at UNH hosed also. Seems that goalies were highly regarded in the Hobey pool this year, as well as AHA.

Comment

I am taking it that you must take your team to the semi finals to get the player of the year award? I am not sure how you ignore the accomplishments of one of your best players that has the Atlantic Hockey scoring record! Clearly some other factor must be in play or simply stated Atlantic Hockey doesn't know exactly what they are doing. If the coaches voted I sure would like to see the breakdown. In the end simply a poor decision as this should of been a given.

Comment

I am taking it that you must take your team to the semi finals to get the player of the year award? I am not sure how you ignore the accomplishments of one of your best players that has the Atlantic Hockey scoring record! Clearly some other factor must be in play or simply stated Atlantic Hockey doesn't know exactly what they are doing. If the coaches voted I sure would like to see the breakdown. In the end simply a poor decision as this should of been a given.
              I think that the AHA's perennially poor OOC record hurts all of their players for consideration of individual Div 1 honors, although the AHA has had one Hobey 10 finalist in several of the past few years. My guess is that coaches in non-AHA conferences are dismissive of high point totals by individuals from a conference that typically has 5 or 6 teams in the bottom 10 in Div 1 year after year, leading to an abysmal SOS for all of the AHA teams. The AHA is the Rodney Dangerfield of Div 1, in part for good reasons. But, several AHA teams are slowly improving, and Holy Cross, Air Force, and RIT have won games in the NCAA post-season, with RIT going to the Frozen Four.

I think that Kevin Goumas at UNH being left out of the Hobey top ten was even more of a slight, as he had similar point totals to Brett Gensler, but UNH also is still ranked 7th in SOS for the season, and UNH did manage to slip into the Hockey East tourney at the Garden.

Comment

Funny how that could be the excuse. What about when the other teams playing pushovers in their non conference games. Not sure every time Johnny Hockey played a team they had Tim Thomas in front of the net! Nor am I sure every team they played was Minnesota. How many times did they play BU? Really anytime a player has to shoot a puck on net they likely don't have a gimmie coming. Anyway I guess it really doesn't matter. One thing I would say that is a big deal is Atlantic Hockey snubbing the all time points person. Now I think that is a bit out of bounds. Frankly that is worse than the Hobey award snubbing Atlantic Hockey.

Comment

Funny how that could be the excuse. What about when the other teams playing pushovers in their non conference games. Not sure every time Johnny Hockey played a team they had Tim Thomas in front of the net! Nor am I sure every team they played was Minnesota. How many times did they play BU? Really anytime a player has to shoot a puck on net they likely don't have a gimmie coming. Anyway I guess it really doesn't matter. One thing I would say that is a big deal is Atlantic Hockey snubbing the all time points person. Now I think that is a bit out of bounds. Frankly that is worse than the Hobey award snubbing Atlantic Hockey.
                  I do not disagree on the latter snubbing, although Bentley not getting to Rochester certainly hurt, and the MVP is for just this year.

Comment

Just take a look at where the HB finalists teams are ranked in PWR. The farthest down the list (surprisingly) is in 29th, one spot below Mercyhurst. Until an AHA team cracks the top 20, I don't think we'll see a seriously considered AHA players as a HB finalist. As someone mentioned, that's going to come down to our conference and that team having better OOC results.

RIT Tigers

Comment

Brett Gensler signs with the South Carolina Stingrays of the ECHL. The Stingrays feed to the P-Bruins, who are the AHL affiliate for our boys.

http://www.stingrayshockey.com/news/...rticle_id=2778

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                        Brett Gensler signs with the South Carolina Stingrays of the ECHL. The Stingrays feed to the P-Bruins, who are the AHL affiliate for our boys.

Anyone know if he got his degree?
                        Bentley University Hockey
                        On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post

Sweet. In the skate steps of Dain Prewitt.
                          Gensler should not have much problem completing his degree, as there are only four weeks remaining in the semester. I am waiting for a pro team to pick up Komm for the rest of the reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                            Anyone know if he got his degree?
                            Brett went to school full time over the summer! So he is graduating from Bentley

Comment

• Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
                              Brett went to school full time over the summer! So he is graduating from Bentley
                              Scholarship, degree, pro-contract. Trifecta of college sports. Very impressive.
                              Bentley University Hockey
                              On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Congrats to Steve Weinstein for being voted 3rd among the Walter Brown finalists. He had the most votes after two guys from BC, including some guy named Gaudreau.

Comment

Working...
                                X