Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    USCHO posted attendance at 1095; is that a record for the JAR? Falcons Nest students were great in their chants tonight, with "It's all your fault" at the AIC goalie, "You can't do that" at the AIC penalty takers, a creative Miranda rights chant at one AIC penalty taker, and "Gloria" for the Bentley president who made an appearance.

Big offensive night for Grieve with 2 goals and 2 assists, Blomquist with 3 assists, and Gensler with a goal and an assist to move up to 4th place for points in Div 1 (Grieve now tied for 7th). But, more important, Bentley played excellent team defense in front of Komm, who also had a fine game tonight. All of Bentley's 5 unanswered goals were at even strength. At least third place, first round bye, and home ice for second round now assured for post-season.

Nice final regular season home game for the 7 seniors and their parents honored at the beginning of the contest.
    I'm still checking if it's a record.
    Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
      I'm still checking if it's a record.
      It's officially the first time Bentley's gone over 1,000 people at the JAR.

Comment

That's awesome! It's great way to close out the regular season, and a huge positive looking ahead to next year. I think there were a lot of people who were attending their first game, and everyone seemed to have a great time. The playoff series will unfortunately occur over Spring Break so we can't expect that kind of crowd for next weekend. However, I know the dorms will be open and some students are planning on coming back early on Friday the 14th for the series. If it went to a game 3, everyone would be back on campus and we could probably get the place packed again, but let's hope that isn't necessary!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
          That's awesome! It's great way to close out the regular season, and a huge positive looking ahead to next year. I think there were a lot of people who were attending their first game, and everyone seemed to have a great time. The playoff series will unfortunately occur over Spring Break so we can't expect that kind of crowd for next weekend. However, I know the dorms will be open and some students are planning on coming back early on Friday the 14th for the series. If it went to a game 3, everyone would be back on campus and we could probably get the place packed again, but let's hope that isn't necessary!
          Great effort this year, TTS. Thanks for all that you do.

Comment

I'll be hosting a playoff kickoff show in the Student Center tomorrow night at 7 PM. Further details released tomorrow. Bentley's athletic site RT'd what I had to say about it and I'll have a more detailed post tomorrow.

http://jarpride.com/2014/03/02/help-...ffs-this-week/

Comment

I'll be hosting a playoff kickoff show in the Student Center tomorrow night at 7 PM. Further details released tomorrow. Bentley's athletic site RT'd what I had to say about it and I'll have a more detailed post tomorrow.

http://jarpride.com/2014/03/02/help-...ffs-this-week/
              Great show Dan! That radio montage of Dan Rubin calls to kick it off was excellent. Looking forward to the rest of your coverage leading up to the big series next weekend!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
                Great show Dan! That radio montage of Dan Rubin calls to kick it off was excellent. Looking forward to the rest of your coverage leading up to the big series next weekend!
                Also, Dan wrote a very fine USCHO.com lead article on the AHA opening round this week. Thanks for adopting Bentley, Dan.

Comment

Also, Dan wrote a very fine USCHO.com lead article on the AHA opening round this week. Thanks for adopting Bentley, Dan.
                  It has been absolutely my pleasure. Coming out of a D3 school that had a great hockey team when I was there (and basketball), I'm happy to have found a landing spot at the ground floor. Like I've said before, the Bentley Falcons were a stock that I was lucky enough to buy into low (that they let me buy into), and that stock is on the way up. One thing I can never take for granted is the way the school took me in. I truly appreciate it.

The causehead in me looked for something that I could help build. Instead, the hockey fire burning at Bentley drives me to keep doing what I'm doing. Now we just have to get it to rage into an inferno; there's a lot of hockey and work left to do!

Comment

Picks are posted. If we are right, next week would bring the following:

Dan:
                    RMU at Air Force
                    Niagara at UConn
                    RIT at Bentley
                    Sacred Heart at Mercyhurst

Chris:
                    Holy Cross at Mercyhurst
                    RMU at Air Force
                    Niagara at UConn
                    Canisius at Bentley

Comment

Picks are posted. If we are right, next week would bring the following:

Dan:
                      RMU at Air Force
                      Niagara at UConn
                      RIT at Bentley
                      Sacred Heart at Mercyhurst

Chris:
                      Holy Cross at Mercyhurst
                      RMU at Air Force
                      Niagara at UConn
                      Canisius at Bentley
                      RMU winning would send them to UConn, which was my mistake - UConn is the 4 and Air Force is the 3. This would flip the two of them.

If teams finish off the series tonight, it'll be Canisius coming ot Bentley next week with #9 RIT heading to Mercyhurst. I have a feeling we're going to see some 3 game series. There were also 2 double-OT games, with Niagara wiping out AIC, 1-0, and RIT up-ending HC.

RM

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                        RMU winning would send them to UConn, which was my mistake - UConn is the 4 and Air Force is the 3. This would flip the two of them.

If teams finish off the series tonight, it'll be Canisius coming ot Bentley next week with #9 RIT heading to Mercyhurst. I have a feeling we're going to see some 3 game series. There were also 2 double-OT games, with Niagara wiping out AIC, 1-0, and RIT up-ending HC.

RM
                        Yup, Army and the Cross pushing to third game.

Comment

So, if Army and HC win tomorrow, that sets up a Bentley/HC matchup?
                          Bentley University Hockey
                          On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                            So, if Army and HC win tomorrow, that sets up a Bentley/HC matchup?
                            I think so. And, if Army loses, Mercyhurst would host HC or RIT, and Bentley would host Canisius, as Dan predicted.

Comment

I think so. And, if Army loses, Mercyhurst would host HC or RIT, and Bentley would host Canisius, as Dan predicted.
                              Here's what I have for possible matchups next week.

RMU Loss
                              MH v Army
                              BEN v HC\RIT
                              UCON v CAN
                              AFA v NIAG

With a RMU Win
                              MH v HC\RIT
                              BEN v CAN
                              UCON v NIA
                              AFA v RMU

A little confused by the AFA \ UCON rankings as their tied in points (must be a tie breaker scenario) so this is giving UCON the edge in the standings over AFA.
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

It's Canisius in a rematch of last year!

http://jarpride.com/2014/03/10/bentl...-its-canisius/

Comment

Working...
                                X