Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

We’d like to respond to the criticism directed at Bentley fans this past week. To begin, we’d like to apologize to anybody that’s been offended. Obviously, it’s not our intention to create an atmosphere that would make anybody uncomfortable. Our conduct regarding the Army players in the penalty box was unacceptable, and we assure you that it will never happen again. Running down to the glass to scream at the referee was raw emotion and was inappropriate. This being said, we have no control over every student at the game. We know there was a separate group of students who constantly yelled obscenities, something with which we disagree. Granted, we should have acted more respectfully as well. We want everyone to enjoy games at the JAR. After all, we’re rooting for the same team.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the actions of the students at last night’s game. We look forward to next week against Sacred Heart, and continuing our battle for an AHA Championship.

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

• Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
      We’d like to respond to the criticism directed at Bentley fans this past week. To begin, we’d like to apologize to anybody that’s been offended. Obviously, it’s not our intention to create an atmosphere that would make anybody uncomfortable. Our conduct regarding the Army players in the penalty box was unacceptable, and we assure you that it will never happen again. Running down to the glass to scream at the referee was raw emotion and was inappropriate. This being said, we have no control over every student at the game. We know there was a separate group of students who constantly yelled obscenities, something with which we disagree. Granted, we should have acted more respectfully as well. We want everyone to enjoy games at the JAR. After all, we’re rooting for the same team.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the actions of the students at last night’s game. We look forward to next week against Sacred Heart, and continuing our battle for an AHA Championship.

Well said. Thank you. Keep up the fantastic efforts to improve the atmosphere at the JAR.
      Bentley University Hockey
      On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
        For what it's worth, this was a game that last year, Bentley would've absolutely found a way to lose. Two years ago, most likely they lose it too. Pretty much since 2009, theyh'd have found a way to lose this one. So in its own way, it's a good thing this happened. Takes all kinds of wins right?
        Admittedly I had only seen one Bentley game prior to this season. As Soderquist said, it's imperative that the team finds a way to win when it doesn't bring its A game.
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

The biggest difference I've noticed this year is that they are winning (nearly) all the games they are supposed to win, and doing well against teams where losses are acceptable. In previous years, there seemed to be little correlation between where their opponent stood in the standings, and the final score. Beat Air Force, lose to AIC. With a few exceptions, they are winning the winnable games.

Comment

I was at the UConn game and heard nothing I would say caused me any discomfort. They are kids what would you expect and I have heard the same type of stuff at other arenas. Anyway don t think the administration would make a decision based on fans. Now about the game the prior years they would of lost last nights game. I can tell you that the Bentley players were getting upset with the Army play. What I saw on the computer was slashing and dirty play by the Army fellas. That being said no matter just because they are going to protect us some day they must be called out for the dirty play. The booth missed many of he bad play by the Army folks. At the end the second gensler was pulled down and Grieve went in to make sure they knew that was not acceptable. I think that was exactly what they should do......protect each other....So say what you will but you cannot give he Army folks a pass because they play for Army!

Comment

• Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
              I was at the UConn game and heard nothing I would say caused me any discomfort. They are kids what would you expect and I have heard the same type of stuff at other arenas. Anyway don t think the administration would make a decision based on fans. Now about the game the prior years they would of lost last nights game. I can tell you that the Bentley players were getting upset with the Army play. What I saw on the computer was slashing and dirty play by the Army fellas. That being said no matter just because they are going to protect us some day they must be called out for the dirty play. The booth missed many of he bad play by the Army folks. At the end the second gensler was pulled down and Grieve went in to make sure they knew that was not acceptable. I think that was exactly what they should do......protect each other....So say what you will but you cannot give he Army folks a pass because they play for Army!
              On the ice issues should be handled on the ice. Fan issues should be handled by the fans. How Army plays has nothing to do with drunken idiots screaming obscenities at West Point cadets.

Comment

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                On the ice issues should be handled on the ice. Fan issues should be handled by the fans. How Army plays has nothing to do with drunken idiots screaming obscenities at West Point cadets.
                Agreed. Most college arenas do not allow fans to re-enter after binge drinking in the parking lot between periods. Unfortunately, alcohol once again rears its ugly head. Anyone who claims to have not witnessed the drunken male student banging on the glass and screaming a long string of four-letter obscenities at the UConn players and coaches at the beginning of the second AND third periods was obviously not seated near there.

TheTopShelf: classy stand-up post. We realize that you and the Falcons Nest cannot control drunken behavior in some of our students at an off campus site. But, please keep leading by good example. We appreciate what the Falcons Nest has contributed the past three years.

I was hoping that the bottom feeder AHA teams this year would play cleaner hockey, given that Bentley has the second best power play in Div 1. Although it now appears that may not be the case, we cannot afford to have our top players sitting in the penalty box serving matching 10-minute unsportsmanshio major penalties; need to turn the other cheek, take the opposition's 2-minute cheap shot penalties, and then continue to score 26% of the time on our power play. Gotta trust the refs to make these calls.

Go Falcons!

Comment

Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
                  But then again you're the type of person that we could talk to and say, "hey the sky is blue" and you'd promptly launch into a tirade about how the sky is black.
                  Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Hunting history at Sacred Heart this week:

http://jarpride.com/2014/02/18/chasi...-sacred-heart/
                    Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                      Hunting history at Sacred Heart this week:

http://jarpride.com/2014/02/18/chasi...-sacred-heart/
                      So, four more regular season games, and somewhere between two and nine post-season games to ratchet up those personal stats. However, a trip to the NCAAs would trump all of that.

Comment

Congrats to Matt Blomquist on being named AHA Co-Player of the Week.

http://jarpride.com/2014/02/19/blomq...r-of-the-week/

Comment

Last words before SHU this weekend:

http://jarpride.com/2014/02/20/final...-sacred-heart/

Comment

For our purposes,

Bentley needs 4 points to seal up a first round bye.

Comment

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post

Cool beans, dudes. I know that you guys have been great in all that you do, and following the articles, you've been hyper involved. I look forward to making at least next week's game against AIC and the playoff series at the JAR! Let's make it great.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Question leading into next week - if Bentley seals up the first round bye this week, would you consider resting Komm for one of the two games? I know he's played a ton of minutes, and he's well equipped, but if there's nothing to gain on Saturday, I would let Gabe Antoni get the start. As we saw against Holy Cross 2 years ago, Blake Dougherty took an injury on the last day of the year. If there's nothing left to gain, I'd let Komm rest a day. Remember that Bentley has to finish a full point ahea dof Mercyhurst, so the two point deficit is really 3 because of the head-to-head tiebreaker scenario.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Working...
                                X