Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
    When will the announcement for an on campus rink be made? Maybe waiting for that league championship to go with the news release ?
    Any announcement will likely come with either
    A.) A specific donor steps up and says "I want a rink, and I'll pay for it."
    B.) Next capital campaign (likely 2017, like Snively mentioned, for 100th anniversary). However, this also requires a phat donor to seed any specific projects.

"A" is a wildcard. "B" is much more likely, if anything at all were to materialize.
    Bentley University Hockey
    On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Two Bentley players up for Walter Brown Award

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...au-kevin-hayes
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        Two Bentley players up for Walter Brown Award

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...au-kevin-hayes
        Two years ago, Gensler beat out some great upperclassmen for the WBA, but I think that it will be BC's junior forward Johnny 'Hockey' Gaudreau this year. But, great to see Steve Weinstein and again Brett Gensler in the running this year; speaks well to Bentley's program.
        Last edited by Snively65; 02-08-2014, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Any reports from the game in Storrs last night? Box score certainly looks depressing. I will be at the JAR tonight, hoping that the Falcons can win the regular season series and climb back into second place. Missed opportunity last night, as Air Force won and could beat Mercyhurst at altitude again tonight.

Comment

Ok, if no one else is going to post to this thread, I will keep doing so. Great 4-1 win by Bentley over UConn at the JAR last night. And, the top four scorers for Bentley this season did not register a point. Third line stepped up and did most of the damage. Good D for Bentley throughout game, and Komm stood on his head at times; he must really wish that he had another chance to stop that wrap-around for the shut out.

So, after Air Force sweep of visiting Mercyhurst, AHA has tightened up at the top, much like two years ago. Only four points separate the top five teams. But, Bentley and UConn have a chance to take the top two spots, given that the six remaining games for each are against teams in the bottom five. Who woulda thunk that could happen again, similar to two years ago?

Comment

I was at the game and certainly thought the boys stepped up! I am not sure why the coach started messing with the pp units again! Just makes no sense! It worked all year if they slump a bit let them continue they will get it back. Everyone played well! Back in town for the AIC games. Great crowd as well.

Comment

I'm not saying they have to win out the rest of the season, but one of those top five teams is going to get hot. No fading down the stretch.

Comment

Made my first trip out to the JAR last night, quite the home ice advantage. Thought you could tell it really took the Huskies time to adjust to life in the JAR. Good response from your boys though. Played much more physical then they did Friday night. At times a bit reckless it seemed, but they the Bentley PK stifled the Huskies all weekend. Bentley PK, Komm being huge in net when called upon, and Nichols not exactly being sharp in the first was really the story of the game. Could be fun if the two teams run into each other in Rochester, seems to be an increasingly nasty rivalry. It should be a fun ride to the finish line as the top 5 is tight, those byes are going to be huge this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by pucks711 View Post
                    Made my first trip out to the JAR last night, quite the home ice advantage. Thought you could tell it really took the Huskies time to adjust to life in the JAR. Good response from your boys though. Played much more physical then they did Friday night. At times a bit reckless it seemed, but they the Bentley PK stifled the Huskies all weekend. Bentley PK, Komm being huge in net when called upon, and Nichols not exactly being sharp in the first was really the story of the game. Could be fun if the two teams run into each other in Rochester, seems to be an increasingly nasty rivalry. It should be a fun ride to the finish line as the top 5 is tight, those byes are going to be huge this season.
                    Glad that you were able to get to the JAR for your first visit. If you scroll through this thread, you will see lots of discussion about lack of a rink on campus, which is 2.7 miles away. But, all AHA teams have played at the JAR many times and know what to expect. I have not been to a game at Storrs, but I understand that it is getting renovated for participation in Hockey East. In any case, Bentley's primary long-standing rival has been and will continue to be Holy Cross, not UConn, especially beginning next year when UConn joins Hockey East. But, I agree that it would be cool if the two teams met again this March in Rochester, preferably in the AHA championship game, which would be a first for both teams, I think?

Comment

It was great to see the JAR packed last night, but the crowd could have been even bigger. There were over 100 students waiting for the usual shuttle rides provided by the school, but the shuttles never came. So we lost a good chunk of students. The students that couldn't drive themselves had to pay for cabs or walk from campus to the JAR (hmmm, I can think of a way to solve this problem).

Great game by the boys, it's awesome to see the bottom 6 producing, and Komm played great (and had an assist!). These last six games are against teams that we should beat. Our 1-2 record against them says otherwise... but if we can pick up a few wins and come into the tournament hot, Rochester is waiting.

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        , preferably in the AHA championship game, which would be a first for both teams, I think?
                        Bentley played HC in a MAAC title game several years back. The memorable aspect was that had Bentley won, the MAAC would have had two teams in the tourney, since the PWR didn't account for insular schedules. After that scare, the NCAA tweaked the system a bit, henceforth known as the "Bentley rule."

Comment

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                          Bentley played HC in a MAAC title game several years back. The memorable aspect was that had Bentley won, the MAAC would have had two teams in the tourney, since the PWR didn't account for insular schedules. After that scare, the NCAA tweaked the system a bit, henceforth known as the "Bentley rule."
                          I remember the "Bentley Rule," but I thought that there was still a chance for two AHA teams to get to the NCAAs if Air Force had not won the tourney the year that they went to the Bridgeport regional?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Glad that you were able to get to the JAR for your first visit. If you scroll through this thread, you will see lots of discussion about lack of a rink on campus, which is 2.7 miles away. But, all AHA teams have played at the JAR many times and know what to expect. I have not been to a game at Storrs, but I understand that it is getting renovated for participation in Hockey East. In any case, Bentley's primary long-standing rival has been and will continue to be Holy Cross, not UConn, especially beginning next year when UConn joins Hockey East. But, I agree that it would be cool if the two teams met again this March in Rochester, preferably in the AHA championship game, which would be a first for both teams, I think?
                            Personally, I'd be all for continuing the series. I can tell your administration is dedicated to developing a hockey program. I accidentally got my girl's sister and her sister's friend to become Bentley fans at their first college hockey game. The JAR is not that bad. Your fans, even though some drunk, sure are devoted. I love the Falcons' new look.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Just read Chris Lerch's column, which answered my question about how the Lord Stanley Cup happened to be in the house at Mercyhurst. But, more interesting to me is that Bentley is one of only four AHA rinks to have video replay on controversial calls this year, which apparently might have been good to have had for Gensler's missed goal on Friday? The other three teams that have video replay capability are Air Force, Army, and Rochester Institute of Technology. So, please no more bad mouthing the JAR!

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/atlantic-hockey...#ixzz2sHKj1P2P
                              Crazy as it sounds, I actually noticed that replay screen and photographed it. Dude in the booth seemed to have the smile of a hotshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch View Post
                                Personally, I'd be all for continuing the series. I can tell your administration is dedicated to developing a hockey program. I accidentally got my girl's sister and her sister's friend to become Bentley fans at their first college hockey game. The JAR is not that bad. Your fans, even though some drunk, sure are devoted. I love the Falcons' new look.
                                My guess is that we will continue to play one another at least a game each year, as we have done after Quinnipiac left the AHA for the ECAC. And, UConn will need to play more OOC games in HE than they have done in AHA.

My apologies for the drunk male student who was charging around like a madman at the JAR on Saturday; he was an embarrassment to our school, the team, and our fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X