Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    I'm having some web issues and the site went totally down for a bit overnight. Working on getting it back but can't post anything.
    So a little more detail. The site went down a little bit overnight, and I'm having a coding problem that's preventing me from uploading anything. I've lost several posts over the past few weeks. I am looking into what happened and will update it as soon as I can. I don't have an estimated time of fix yet, mostly because I have my real day job and need to work on it in my free time, of which I have big things going on there so I can't really do it until at least tonight. If I can't fix it tonight, then I'm really limited in when I can work on it. I took down the site so it doesn't crash any of your computers in the process.

If any of you have any questions or would like to discuss with me, please email me at excalibursportspage@gmail.com
    Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
      So a little more detail. The site went down a little bit overnight, and I'm having a coding problem that's preventing me from uploading anything. I've lost several posts over the past few weeks. I am looking into what happened and will update it as soon as I can. I don't have an estimated time of fix yet, mostly because I have my real day job and need to work on it in my free time, of which I have big things going on there so I can't really do it until at least tonight. If I can't fix it tonight, then I'm really limited in when I can work on it. I took down the site so it doesn't crash any of your computers in the process.

If any of you have any questions or would like to discuss with me, please email me at excalibursportspage@gmail.com
      Bummer, Dan. You heading out to Erie for the weekend? Good luck with site and safe travels.

Comment

Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
        I have heard that one of our D men was injured this weekend and out for the season. I hope the injury bug stays away from us but every team has to deal with set backs.
        solid game vs Holy Cross barring the shortie against. Power play unreal!!! Komm palyed great per usual and the dmen stepped up having to go to only 5 from early 1st. Hope they keep it pulled together for the weekend, steady, no forcing it. You mentioned you would be heading there , updates if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
          solid game vs Holy Cross barring the shortie against. Power play unreal!!! Komm palyed great per usual and the dmen stepped up having to go to only 5 from early 1st. Hope they keep it pulled together for the weekend, steady, no forcing it. You mentioned you would be heading there , updates if you can...

They will need it as one of our d men is out......So now comes the difficult issues of injuries.

Comment

They will need it as one of our d men is out......So now comes the difficult issues of injuries.
            From box, looks like Marginsky missed game. Also, looked like a clean game overall, with two minors each. Pretty equal SOS, with Bentley up 34-30, especially with big advantage in first. But, appears that Zay (18-26) dominated Grieve (9-25) in the FO circle; did that matter much? Although was hoping for two, good to hold onto the one point. Go Falcons! Huskies are breathing down your necks.

Comment

Marginsky is out for the season. He broke his arm!

Comment

• Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
                Marginsky is out for the season. He broke his arm!
                Ouch, that is a big hole to fill, especially on the PK.

But, Weinstein delivered again last night, along with first line. Mercyhurst was smart in taking only two penalties last night. Need to goad the Lakers into taking more penalties tonight.

Comment

I am not making excuses for the team but the ice was soft and choppy! I felt like I was walking on very soft ice! Not great for a team built on speed! We really dominated game other than 10 minutes of the second. Take care of u con and we should be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
                    I am not making excuses for the team but the ice was soft and choppy! I felt like I was walking on very soft ice! Not great for a team built on speed! We really dominated game other than 10 minutes of the second. Take care of u con and we should be fine.
                    Fortunately, UConn also lost last night, so the Falcons' fate remains in their own hands.

Comment

Well they were upset after the game. They gathered around the Stanley cup for a picture and they were not happy. You could see it in their faces. I believe they know they let something slip away. That being said I agree everything is in their hands at least split with uconn and win out and I believe they would be the 2nd seed! Maybe I am wrong. I will beat the uconn games. Good luck boys.

Comment

Just read Chris Lerch's column, which answered my question about how the Lord Stanley Cup happened to be in the house at Mercyhurst. But, more interesting to me is that Bentley is one of only four AHA rinks to have video replay on controversial calls this year, which apparently might have been good to have had for Gensler's missed goal on Friday? The other three teams that have video replay capability are Air Force, Army, and Rochester Institute of Technology. So, please no more bad mouthing the JAR!

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/atlantic-hockey...#ixzz2sHKj1P2P

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          So, please no more bad mouthing the JAR!
                          You're right. There's nothing else to gripe about there.
                          Bentley University Hockey
                          On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                            You're right. There's nothing else to gripe about there.
                            Trustees meeting at Bentley soon; need to keep our eyes and ears open.

Comment

Well they were upset after the game. They gathered around the Stanley cup for a picture and they were not happy. You could see it in their faces. I believe they know they let something slip away. That being said I agree everything is in their hands at least split with uconn and win out and I believe they would be the 2nd seed! Maybe I am wrong. I will beat the uconn games. Good luck boys.
                              Announcer for game mentioned several times how well played the games were, best games he has seen played. So appears effort and skill was present, just a good or bad bounce here or there and maybe a different outcome.
                              Lack of more numerous 5 on 5 goal scoring starting to be a concern?? Still appears to be pushing the shifting a bit much and early, tiring them out for when the good opportunities do occur. Could trust and use the bench and maybe get more from them.

When will the announcement for an on campus rink be made? Maybe waiting for that league championship to go with the news release ?

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
                                When will the announcement for an on campus rink be made? Maybe waiting for that league championship to go with the news release ?
                                I predict not before the 100th anniversary in 2017.

Comment

Working...
                                X