Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Very fitting for New England born and bred Brett Gensler to notch a pure hat trick tonight to secure 3-2 win over Holy Cross at Frozen Fenway. Nice way to end the first half, or begin second half, whichever. Congrats to the Falcons!

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
      Gensler - 3
      Holy Cross - 2
      Just in case you forgot, "Hobey Gensler" reminded us who he is. To be the superstar, you have to deliver in the clutch. Man was he clutch today. We almost forgot where he was with the breakout of Grieve and company.
      Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/atla...ats-holy-cross

8 game unbeaten streak
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
          Just in case you forgot, "Hobey Gensler" reminded us who he is. To be the superstar, you have to deliver in the clutch. Man was he clutch today. We almost forgot where he was with the breakout of Grieve and company.
          Naw, we did not forget; perhaps the Crusaders forgot, though?

Would like to see him move up a few more notches in various scoring categories this rest of the way, although with him the team always has come first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Naw, we did not forget; perhaps the Crusaders forgot, though?

Would like to see him move up a few more notches in various scoring categories this rest of the way, although with him the team always has come first.
            What a game and nice venue as well! I am sure Genzy was happy but I know he would rather see the team win versus getting any glory! This team is playing so well because of all of the guys and especially the play of Komm! Nice young man and great season so far! Love to see thes guys go far! Hey nice jerseys as well!

Comment

Anyone else listen to the 2nd intermission interview with DeFelice on Bloomberg 1200 AM?
              Bentley University Hockey
              On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Anyone else listen to the 2nd intermission interview with DeFelice on Bloomberg 1200 AM?
                Did anyone listen tot he first intermission interview with me haha

What did he say? I actually never got a chance to pop my head in because I was in our booth two over.

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                  Did anyone listen tot he first intermission interview with me haha

What did he say? I actually never got a chance to pop my head in because I was in our booth two over.
                  Yes! You gave a fantastic interview. Really enjoyed it.

Paraphrasing....

Only thing I really took from DeFelice interview was wave-offs to questions about the future of the athletic program and any new hockey facility.

Regarding the future of the department, he said everyone really likes where they are right now. So, nothing seismic planned is what I took from it. (Editorial comment: For where they are, they do a fantastic job at Bentley with athletics. Just wish they were more focused on matching the athletic exposure with the schools academic peers.)

When asked about the rink, he grumbled that "rink" is a four letter word around campus. He then said that with the continued progress of the program, it is only logical that a rink be part of that growth. Absolutely nothing specific, but a general agreement that one is "needed."

In his complete defense, an AD can do little more than get himself in trouble by answering questions like that too liberally. Obviously, he doesn't have control over the mythical pot of money that is just sitting around for a new rink. :-P

Comment

In my relentless pursuit of soaking up every bit of this game....

At 3,898, I believe this is a record home attendance for Bentley.

Comment

In my relentless pursuit of soaking up every bit of this game....

At 3,898, I believe this is a record home attendance for Bentley.
                      I think we can safely assume this as such. The biggest crowd for a game at the JAR was the Clarkson game two years ago that was over 900 I thought. The JAR only seats 1,200 officially!

The athletic department and school administration is feeling the pressure, and I think it's starting to grow weary. My recommendation towards the rink question is always that we didn't know Fenway was coming. They announced it and it was a total surprise. The number of people who knew about it numbered in the less than dozens. The reason for this was two-fold: 1) by keeping a lid on who knew, they didn't report anything false. 2) Fenway is notorious for negotiating contractual agreements not to leak information. And that's okay, honestly. It's a control to make sure nothing false gets reported ahead of time before all bases are covered (pardon the pun). They did that with a couple of other events at the stadium, including the first Frozen Fenway college event, from my understanding. It's a totally legal, moral, and ethical practice that I fully endorse, if that's what they did (I don't have proof of anything, obviously).

My guess is that the people who know about the rink and the plans if there are plans number in the less than dozen. But we know there's support and we know that the program has completely outgrown its current location. Survive and thrive is the goal. But they aren't going to announce ANYTHING until they've dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's.

Fenway, logistically, was a huge success at all levels. I can't say enough from start to finish how th eleague and Bentley handled this were SUPERB. It was a roaring success.

And schiegs - I'll have some storyilnes for you either tomorrow or Tuesday morning. Too bad we have to get back to the JAR on Friday for NIagara.

FYI - Bentley is one game away from tying its record winning streak and is two away from breaking the record. If they get a 4-point weekend, they'll have broken the record for wins, not undefeated streak.

Comment

Bentley did play UConn at the Garden a few years back. I don't recall if they were the home team, and truly doubt there were 4,000 people there.

Comment

Bentley did play UConn at the Garden a few years back. I don't recall if they were the home team, and truly doubt there were 4,000 people there.
                          Good recall, schiegs! Bentley lost to UConn 4-1 at the Gahden on Saturday, 12 February 2005, which was a NHL lockout season. Attendance was recorded as 4055, but wonder if part of that was spillover from the earlier game, as Bentley played in the 8 pm game. Holy Cross beat Quinnipiac 5-2 in the 4 pm game. My guess is that Bentley and Holy Cross were the home teams of this double header. Sadly, I was not able to attend, as like noted by our scribe for Frozen Fenway, the opportunity came up rather suddenly, which is my recollection.

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2005/02/...-over-bentley/
                          Last edited by Snively65; 12-30-2013, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Good recall, schiegs! Bentley lost to UConn 4-1 at the Gahden on Saturday, 12 February 2005, which was a NHL lockout season. Attendance was recorded as 4055, but wonder if part of that was spillover from the earlier game, as Bentley played in the 8 pm game. Holy Cross beat Quinnipiac 5-2 in the 4 pm game. My guess is that Bentley and Holy Cross were the home teams of this double header. Sadly, I was not able to attend, as like noted by our scribe for Frozen Fenway, the opportunity came up rather suddenly, which is my recollection.

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2005/02/...-over-bentley/
                            Given the two home squads for the Garden game, I'm proclaiming Fenway the attendance record.

Comment

Here you go!

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/30/story...frozen-fenway/

Comment

A look back at some of the social media reaction for the game.

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/30/bentl...oss-reactions/

Comment

Working...
                                X