Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
    Off-topic but how does one pre-buy tickets to a Bentley Hockey Game? Schools web-site doesn't see to have a link unless I'm completely missing it somewhere.
    You can pre-buy a ticket to their Frozen Fenway game on the 28th, but not sure if Bentley has any of their two blocks of tickets remaining, so you would need to buy from the vendors.

Tickets to games at the JAR are $7 at the door, one of the best deals out there. Get there a few minutes early, and you can have your pick of any seat in the barn. Or, you can stand right next to the net near the entrance; where else can you do that?
    Last edited by Snively65; 12-14-2013, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

No one is "opposed" to a rink. Plenty of people think the school's unrestricted capital is better spent elsewhere. I'm not aware of anyone, all the way to the top, who are saying "We don't want an arena." Maybe this is semantics, but thinking the money can be better spent elsewhere is not the same as being opposed.

If someone were to step up and provide seed funding (think names like Conte, Agganis, Bright, Freitas, Hart, or McCallum, Falcone, Collins, etc.), it would get done.
      Last edited by schiegs; 12-14-2013, 09:33 PM.
      Bentley University Hockey
      On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
        No one is "opposed" to a rink. Plenty of people think the school's unrestricted capital is better spent elsewhere. I'm not aware of anyone, all the way to the top, who are saying "We don't want an arena." Maybe this is semantics, but thinking the money can be better spent elsewhere is not the same as being opposed.

If someone were to step up and provide seed funding (think names like Conte, Agganis, Bright, Freitas, Hart, etc.), it would get done.
        Actually, I have heard that the funds to build a rink on campus have been there for years (certain Board members); but, most in the Admin are opposed, however you wish to spin the semantics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          You can pre-buy a ticket to their Frozen Fenway game on the 28th, but not sure if Bentley has any of their two blocks of tickets remaining, so you would need to buy from the vendors.

Tickets to games at the JAR are $7 at the door, one of the best deals out there. Get there a few minutes early, and you can have your pick of any seat in the barn. Or, you can stand right next to the net near the entrance; where else can you do that?
          Merrimack and Holy Cross are two schools you can do that at! ;-)
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/atla...ton-university

Quotes from Switzer, Komm, Soderquist and some quotes praising your team from Quinn.
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Great win, a big congrats to Coach Soderquist and the players! Friggen awesome!

To touch on the rink situation briefly, I just want to say what a disgrace it is that the administration still choses to neglect the program. Now some of you may point to the increased support on campus and the upgraded amenities at the JAR as steps in the right direction but the fact remains that the current situation is still an embarrassment. As a former Falcon, not too far removed from playing, I will always harbor a great deal of animosity towards the administration and those in charge who left class after class of Bentley hockey to rot in the JAR without so much as warm water for a shower. It was not that long ago our Falcons had to shuffle between the Dana Center and the JAR, bags in hand, only to change in frozen unheated and unkempt public locker rooms. Bronchitis, Staph, and even Pneumonia were commonplace. I have a good laugh when the school sends mail asking for money while stressing the importance of community and giving. The fact that the administration/athletic department still refuse to address this black eye is an utter joke. Make no mistake, they have turned a blind eye towards the program while dragging their feet every step of the way. I give Coach Soderquist a great deal of credit for just holding this thing together let alone competing on a national level. Whatever success the program has achieved, be it presently or in the past, is simply due to the men in that locker room without an ounce of assistance or support from the school and its administration. My rant is over, I hope for a change in philosophy but I’m not holding my breath. Great win and Let’s Go Falcons!

Comment

Congrats Bentley ... nice win.
                -M

Comment

Nice Win Boys!!!

Comment

Well said! I would like to congratulate the men on winning such a big game. I believe it was important for this group to leave for the Christmas break with a win so that they could feel good about was a great 1/2 of the season. The record may not show the great half but the people who have watched know they were in every game. Great job guys each of you are doing your job and it shows.

The administration should be ashamed of itself when they allow a team to play in a terrible rink like the JAR. You cannot dress up a pig to be any better than a pig. Don't try and fool yourself saying you are upgrading the JAR as it still is the JAR. I agree with the former student had to say. You cannot continue to make excuses either you want to be a D 1 team or you don't. The public rink is fine for a D III team but you must now decide should you ( Bentley ) stay in the D 1 program or should you leave? If your answer is stay as a D I program then build a rink....like RIT, Like Army, Like Air Force, Like U CONN, if not rent some other rink that is deserving of a D I program......maybe BU will help clear some dates so you can rent their facility.

Comment

This statement is uncalled for! Get some class!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

That's a good deal. Holy Cross is much like that, I stood right behind the net as players crashed into the boards.
                        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by Bfalcons View Post
                          I have a good laugh when the school sends mail asking for money while stressing the importance of community and giving.
                          One of the many reasons you had such crappy facilities is because the generation that came before you had the same good laugh. I'd encourage you to be a part of the alumni generation that breaks the cycle of having the worst alumni giving rates of any school in the east. Things will never improve if every generation "has a good laugh" when asked to support their alma mater.
                          Bentley University Hockey
                          On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

What a great victory over a historic program for the Bentley Falcons! Watching BU, I think there is a lot of raw talent on the program, but they were well-scouted and Bentley was well-prepared for the Terriers. BU was far too predictable in their style throughout the entire game. And Komm standing on his head didn't hurt.

Congrats to him for breaking the all-time program wins total. Somewhere Barratt Davison '84 should be laughing that it took this long!

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/15/bentl...s-bu-wins-4-1/

As to the rink situation, everyone knows my opinion on the matter. The administration is behind a new rink, but they just can't build a new hockey rink without having it for multiple purposes. There are a lot of different discussions up in the administration, none of which are public. Unfortunately, if it's not made public, it doesn't happen. This has been discussed ad nauseum, and I don't want to keep reiterating the same points. Let's just savor this victory.

And besides, we have a new home rink in 2 weeks when they give us Fenway (haha!). Bentley is giving us both BU and Frozen Fenway; the administration is clearly behind this team in the athletic department, and President Larson dropped a puck at the beginning of the season. I had Dean Shepherdson on air as a guest during the AIC game. We had a great talk. Institutional support isn't an issue anymore.
                            Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                              What a great victory over a historic program for the Bentley Falcons! Watching BU, I think there is a lot of raw talent on the program, but they were well-scouted and Bentley was well-prepared for the Terriers. BU was far too predictable in their style throughout the entire game. And Komm standing on his head didn't hurt.

Congrats to him for breaking the all-time program wins total. Somewhere Barratt Davison '84 should be laughing that it took this long!

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/15/bentl...s-bu-wins-4-1/

As to the rink situation, everyone knows my opinion on the matter. The administration is behind a new rink, but they just can't build a new hockey rink without having it for multiple purposes. There are a lot of different discussions up in the administration, none of which are public. Unfortunately, if it's not made public, it doesn't happen. This has been discussed ad nauseum, and I don't want to keep reiterating the same points. Let's just savor this victory.

And besides, we have a new home rink in 2 weeks when they give us Fenway (haha!). Bentley is giving us both BU and Frozen Fenway; the administration is clearly behind this team in the athletic department, and President Larson dropped a puck at the beginning of the season. I had Dean Shepherdson on air as a guest during the AIC game. We had a great talk. Institutional support isn't an issue anymore.
                              Perhaps you are right, Dan. The next capital campaign has been postponed for many years now, in part because of the recession, but more important because a large percentage of the funds for whatever goal is eventually announced are not yet in hand. Given that many years ago there were board members willing to pay for a rink on campus, perhaps those offers are still on the table, which could be part of the next capital campaign. When I talked to former president Morone a couple years ago, he could not believe that Bentley was still playing home games at the JAR.

Also, really fine game and hockey program summary, Dan.
                              Last edited by Snively65; 12-15-2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/15/bentley-dominates-bu-wins-4-1/[/url]

Nice game notes....fwiw....Marginsky was not in the locker room for the man down BU goal, he was on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X