Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Originally posted by mwade View Post
    Ticket deal for Saturday's game from Agganis Arena's FB page: "The Terriers are helping to collect toys for kids this holiday season. Bring a new, unwrapped toy to the Agganis Arena Ticket Office and get up to 4 tickets for Saturday's men's hockey game vs. Bentley for just $15!"
    Thanks for posting, Melissa. This offer is a great idea by the Terriers. Hope that 'The Top Shelf' can get the word out across campus. At least there are not any finals scheduled for Sunday, and there still should be lots of students on campus taking exams next week, given that Bentley is supposedly tightening its finals policy (i.e., classes must meet to do something during the final exam slots, rather than just allowing students to turn in final papers and split from campus early).

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...er-field-uconn

Bentley at 2 in the power rankings.
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Thanks for posting, Melissa. This offer is a great idea by the Terriers. Hope that 'The Top Shelf' can get the word out across campus. At least there are not any finals scheduled for Sunday, and there still should be lots of students on campus taking exams next week, given that Bentley is supposedly tightening its finals policy (i.e., classes must meet to do something during the final exam slots, rather than just allowing students to turn in final papers and split from campus early).
        The ticket sales through Bentley for BU have closed, and the final number of student's who bought tickets is 200. I really do think finals have a lot to do with it, the school didn't market it as heavily as other events like Frozen Fenway. Regardless, looking forward to what should be an exciting weekend!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
          http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...er-field-uconn

Bentley at 2 in the power rankings.
          And a nice write up by Mr. Rubin on front page! Now that the goals are coming freely and the individual accolades are piling up, hope the TEAM doesn't lose focus and stray from their winning ways. Coaching this solid winning line up with strong defensive play is key to keep the W's coming and from repeating last season ending. Lessons learned last year.

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
            And a nice write up by Mr. Rubin on front page! Now that the goals are coming freely and the individual accolades are piling up, hope the TEAM doesn't lose focus and stray from their winning ways. Coaching this solid winning line up with strong defensive play is key to keep the W's coming and from repeating last season ending. Lessons learned last year.
            Coach Soderquist was EXTREMELY honest about the fact that nobody has forgotten last year. A couple of the players have even said to me following games, "Boy it feels different from last year, doesn't it?" This is a very different locker room with a very different dynamic as of right now. Last year's failures are still there, and I think they will be for the whole season. But everyone has been very forward in saying, "Look this happened. We're not ignoring it. We accept it. And we're learning from it so we can fix it and move on." As opposed to pointing fingers. As you mention, it's important to keep the TEAM as the first priority.
            Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
              Agree with all of that. Yes, nice USCHO piece, Dan.

Comment

Previewing Bentley's game at Boston University, including statistical breakdown and keys to the game.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/atla...uk-hockey-east
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                  Previewing Bentley's game at Boston University, including statistical breakdown and keys to the game.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/atla...uk-hockey-east
                  Nice summary, Jeff. Should be a great game tomorrow night!

Comment

Boo-yah!!!!
                    Bentley University Hockey
                    On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Two sit-up-and-take-notice wins over BC and BU by Holy Cross and Bentley respectively. Great win for my Falcons, who seem to be making the school look foolish with its seemingly steadfast opposition to an on-campus rink. These are the kind of wins that shine the light right back onto the school itself: "They play WHERE? And it looks like THAT? And it's not even in the same TOWN as the school?"
                      Chris V
                      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                        Two sit-up-and-take-notice wins over BC and BU by Holy Cross and Bentley respectively. Great win for my Falcons, who seem to be making the school look foolish with its seemingly steadfast opposition to an on-campus rink. These are the kind of wins that shine the light right back onto the school itself: "They play WHERE? And it looks like THAT? And it's not even in the same TOWN as the school?"
                        Absolutely no one is opposed to an on-campus arena.

Comment

Off-topic but how does one pre-buy tickets to a Bentley Hockey Game? Schools web-site doesn't see to have a link unless I'm completely missing it somewhere.
                          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                            Off-topic but how does one pre-buy tickets to a Bentley Hockey Game? Schools web-site doesn't see to have a link unless I'm completely missing it somewhere.
                            One can't. To my knowledge, they have NEVER sold out and all seating is general admission.

Comment

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                              Absolutely no one is opposed to an on-campus arena.
                              Sadly, the vast majority of the people that matter are opposed to building a rink on campus. But, that makes this huge wn over BU all that much sweeter. I am not sure whether a trip to the NCAAs would make any difference, but it would certainly reiterate in a big way Chris-NH's message to the Bentley admin. The great win by the Falcons tonight is a perfect way to go into Fenway to meet our old nemesis Holy Cross on the 28th.

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                                One can't. To my knowledge, they have NEVER sold out and all seating is general admission.
                                Very well then, one, or three will just walk on up on a warm January night and purchase them. Thanks for the response and
                                ps, you're missing a really freaking cold night in New England tonight!
                                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Working...
                                X