Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Not sure about that as they had 19 shots and got three goals on 19 shots. Oh well goaltending wins games and in the end the other goalie won the game as he took 38 or so shots. Quality or not he stopped them.....our power play could not get set up and D did not do as well getting the first pass out. Not sure about face off wins as the stats were not provided and the game had no audio. Terrible watching video of a game with no audio......

Comment

• Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
      Not sure about that as they had 19 shots and got three goals on 19 shots. Oh well goaltending wins games and in the end the other goalie won the game as he took 38 or so shots. Quality or not he stopped them.....our power play could not get set up and D did not do as well getting the first pass out. Not sure about face off wins as the stats were not provided and the game had no audio. Terrible watching video of a game with no audio......
      Oh, I thought that you were there at Milford Ice Pavilion; where did you find the video?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Oh, I thought that you were there at Milford Ice Pavilion; where did you find the video?
        SHU had video streaming through America One and had their audio through the SHU Network with Stretch broadcasting. I hadn't had issues with the audio, but honestly, I'd chalk it up to the Pavilion more than anything. I know they have internet issues, which is the primary reason why I've never been. Webster Bank is so much more friendly to broadcasts.

I don't know what to think about this team right now. As I mentioned last week, there are concerns that they can move past what happened last year, and I think even I'm starting to question the jumbling of lines. ONce again, there was no flow. Little chemistry. We know the lines are going to change into the Maine game, but the lack of consistency throughout the lineup is something they have to work on. A loss like this is damaging because it's the opening game, but people who were at the game outright told me that SHU looks like a TOTALLY different team. Stats are hard to judge; the people keeping the stats are subjective. For example, if a puck gets sent wide of the net at Harvard, they total it as a shot on net and a save for their goalie. At least that's how it used to be a few years ago, or so it seemed. Just an observation.

I think Vazzano is the real deal, and I think the right pieces are there to make Sacred heart better. Still, like I said, this was a game where Bentley needed to "take care of business," and they flat out didn't. No excuse there.

One thing I urge everyone is to not jump off the bandwagon and start worrying about this season yet. Yes, they are 1-2 and yes they are 0-1, but it's a long haul, as we learned last year. This will be a good wakeup call if the team can respond. I'm interested to see what happens on Saturday at Maine.
        Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

• A loss like this is damaging because it's the opening game, but people who were at the game outright told me that SHU looks like a TOTALLY different team.

I think Vazzano is the real deal, and I think the right pieces are there to make Sacred heart better.
          I am actually ok with eastern pod teams improving, but just not at Bentley's expense.

Comment

I agree as I am not ready to jump off any bridge! However changing all the lines seems to be a questionable move for the beginning of the new year! I am not sure what to think about Maine regarding the lineup but they must come back and play better! This team has talent but why they take nights off is a bit confusing. I won't go on and on but weak goals , not connecting on passes and the Offense not keeping the puck in the zone drives me mad!

Comment

Well
              seems the boys were able to hold maine off after the lopsided barrage of shots in period 1. Minus the costly Freshman defensive turn over for the first goal, its a 1 to 1 game. Komm played outstanding as did the PK. Got to get more pucks to the net. Offensive sytems not working again as in end of last season. To those much is given, much is expected. Accountablity is the coach's job. Too bad team doesn't have 15 forwards as every D1 program carries. 13 is not enough to shake it up. Converting a D to forward just doesn't cut it.
              Last edited by beenthere77; 10-20-2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
                Well
                seems the boys were able to hold maine off after the lopsided barrage of shots in period 1. Minus the costly Freshman defensive turn over for the first goal, its a 1 to 1 game. Komm played outstanding as did the PK. Got to get more pucks to the net. Offensive sytems not working again as in end of last season. To those much is given, much is expected. Accountablity is the coach's job. Too bad team doesn't have 15 forwards as every D1 program carries. 13 is not enough to shake it up. Converting a D to forward just doesn't cut it.
                Before you start blaming the coaches, I was upa t Maine and they outplayed them. Injuries are an issue right now. Kubiak, Blomquist, and Marginsky are all out. Kubiak and Blomquist due back for Merrimack. Marginsky is unknown as of right now. So playing Reardon was a necessity. If you play Kubiak, Rickord shifts to wing, dropping Fitz to the fourth line and moving Reardon to a reserve role or a forward.

And Kayfes was a converted forward on D and then converted back. That type of thing happens in college all the time. Jake Goldberg at Brown is a perfect example. Reserve forward became a top 4 dman, and that type of switch is a lot harder than moving to forward.

My suggestion is to avoid making assumptions and placing blame unless you see the whole story. This is what I mean when I say, "Don't jump off the bridge yet."

I have details from up there coming this afternoon. Biggest issue right now is the pp.

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                  Before you start blaming the coaches, I was upa t Maine and they outplayed them. Injuries are an issue right now. Kubiak, Blomquist, and Marginsky are all out. Kubiak and Blomquist due back for Merrimack. Marginsky is unknown as of right now. So playing Reardon was a necessity. If you play Kubiak, Rickord shifts to wing, dropping Fitz to the fourth line and moving Reardon to a reserve role or a forward.

And Kayfes was a converted forward on D and then converted back. That type of thing happens in college all the time. Jake Goldberg at Brown is a perfect example. Reserve forward became a top 4 dman, and that type of switch is a lot harder than moving to forward.

My suggestion is to avoid making assumptions and placing blame unless you see the whole story. This is what I mean when I say, "Don't jump off the bridge yet."

I have details from up there coming this afternoon. Biggest issue right now is the pp.
                  No one "blamed" the coaches or was" jumping" off any bridges
                  It is the D's job to defend, the forwards job the score and the coaches job to hold "all" accountable to their job on the "team".
                  Just like it is a sports writers "job" to stand by his "copy" and not be silenced cause someone didn't like it.

Comment

Final thoughts on the Maine game:

http://jarpride.com/2013/10/21/storylines-maine/

Comment

Before you start blaming the coaches, I was upa t Maine and they outplayed them.
                      I was not there, so will take your word for that, Dan. But, the box score certainly does not indicate that Bentley outplayed Maine. However, those are three significant losses to injuries, despite how much depth the team has this season. Based on the box score, appears that both teams skated 5-3 for almost 90 seconds, so that is a wash. But, need to get injured those guys back as soon as possible. Not sure what to make of Quinnipiac beating Lowell this past weekend, as Sacred Heart beat Lowell the weekend before.

Comment

I was not there, so will take your word for that, Dan. But, the box score certainly does not indicate that Bentley outplayed Maine. However, those are three significant losses to injuries, despite how much depth the team has this season. Based on the box score, appears that both teams skated 5-3 for almost 90 seconds, so that is a wash. But, need to get injured those guys back as soon as possible. Not sure what to make of Quinnipiac beating Lowell this past weekend, as Sacred Heart beat Lowell the weekend before.
                        Ok
                        so putting all the post game notes from those that are knowledgable and were there including the coach, Bentley played one of their best defensive games at Maine in quite a while(win at Omaha needs to be discounted since they let their early 3 goal lead disappear to one goal ) and at Maine 3 of the best defensive players were in the stands. Depth is questionable....

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
                          Ok
                          so putting all the post game notes from those that are knowledgable and were there including the coach, Bentley played one of their best defensive games [at Maine] in quite a while at Maine (win at Omaha needs to be discounted since they let their early 3 goal lead disappear to one goal ) and at Maine 3 of the best defensive players were in the stands. Depth is questionable....
                          JFYP, as we have only played the Black Bears twice, right? I listened to that one on the Black Bears radio broadcast, which was about as despondent as anything I had heard in a long time, as we beat them 3-1, I think.

But, I liked Dan's Atlantic Hockey blog summary (nice work, Dan) better than his own blog post about the Falcons game in Orono this past weekend.

Turns out I am too busy to make the trip to Quinnipiac tonight, too, so safe travels to those of you heading down to Connecticut. Go Falcons!

Comment

JFYP, as we have only played the Black Bears twice, right? I listened to that one on the Black Bears radio broadcast, which was about as despondent as anything I had heard in a long time, as we beat them 3-1, I think.

But, I liked Dan's Atlantic Hockey blog summary (nice work, Dan) better than his own blog post about the Falcons game in Orono this past weekend.

Turns out I am too busy to make the trip to Quinnipiac tonight, too, so safe travels to those of you heading down to Connecticut. Go Falcons!
                            Muchas gracias. I felt the 2nd post was a little redundant and too wordy, but I also felt the urge to expound further than I would with the AHA blog.

Comment

Muchas gracias. I felt the 2nd post was a little redundant and too wordy, but I also felt the urge to expound further than I would with the AHA blog.
                              A must read about the RIT equipment manager. Would love to get him a strong ovation from the Falcons Nest. Well deserved for this young man.

Comment

A must read about the RIT equipment manager. Would love to get him a strong ovation from the Falcons Nest. Well deserved for this young man.
                                Forgot the article.
                                http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...igers/3056191/

Comment

Working...
                                X