Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Huge win by the Falcons on Friday night, perhaps the biggest in program history. All about Bentley special teams tonight, with two shorties and two PPGs. Omaha native Will Suter got his first college point (assist); another frosh Max French notched a shorty and a PP goal. Hobey Gensler picked up two goals, including EN.

Interesting lines and D pairs from the other site:
    Rickford-Kubiak-Breton
    French-Grieve-Suter
    Switzer-Gladiuk-Gensler
    Fitzstephens-Bacon-Deresky
    Weinstein-Blomquist
    Berry-Marginsky
    Ledford-Donners
    Komm
    Last edited by Snively65; 10-15-2013, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Bentley looked real good in goal. Nice pair of games.
      UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Thought I would think about the game. I am not sure about the current lines. Given some time they may clique! They really need to work on face offs! Not sure French suter and grieve should be the first line! Overall the team still played well. The defensive coach was always communicating with the lines and their play looks much improved! Too many penalties in the 3rd to kill. The five on three and then one more to finish it off just took everything out of them. The boys looked engaged and fought the whole game. Penalty kill was pretty good!

Focus 1. Face offs 2. Penalties 3 forward lines and maybe I should repeat win face offs!

Comment

Kind words from Coach Blais about the Falcons:

http://www.omaha.com/article/2013101...avs-to-victory

Good luck the rest of the season. You guys acquitted yourselves very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

Thanks for your contributions to our thead, Red Cows.

Bentley gets another crack at their arch-nemesis #2 ranked Quinnipiac a week from Tuesday night.

Hoping that these two games in Omaha were good prep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

Coach was kind to the Falcons but he was absolutely correct. The team looks to have balance, komm.really looked good, and the D looked different! They played as a team, encouraged each other, the frosh's looked prett good! Now fix some of the penalty's and win crucial face offs especially pp face offs and they have a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Thanks for your contributions to our thead, Red Cows.

Bentley gets another crack at their arch-nemesis #2 ranked Quinnipiac a week from Tuesday night.

Hoping that these two games in Omaha were good prep.
                With some big games in between. SHU is on Wednesday, and that's going to be big. Conference opener against a team that's going to be better if inconsistent. They just shocked the world, and I MEAN THE WORLD (college hockey alums playing in Europe thought they woke up to a typo that they beat UML). This game becomes a concern to me if they get hungry. I'll have more going on in the next couple of days. Just go tback from traveling from the weekend and I'm too tired to get the reaction up and in there.
                Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

Thank you for the input. The OMaha fans have been fantastic to hear and read on the board. I'll be pulling for you guys the rest of the way. I joke on twitter that I wished I could've been there to call the games because, well, nobody is as good as me at calling games hahaha :-D

But you guys were very warm and gracious from what I gathered from the team. They scheduled UNO as a great team building event, and they were very pleased from start to finish. Even if they'd lost, they got a good trip in to a city that was perfect for the start with a challenging team also looking for a new identity for this year like everyone is. Definitely hoping we see you guys again at some regional down the future (hehe!) or at least that we get to get out there again for a trip better than once every 7 years.

Best wishes, OMavs. Give the NCHC hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                    With some big games in between. SHU is on Wednesday, and that's going to be big. Conference opener against a team that's going to be better if inconsistent. They just shocked the world, and I MEAN THE WORLD (college hockey alums playing in Europe thought they woke up to a typo that they beat UML).
                    Yes, and also Maine next Saturday night, where we have had success in the past. Will become harder for AHA teams to sneak up on OOC opponents as these upsets continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Yes, and also Maine next Saturday night, where we have had success in the past. Will become harder for AHA teams to sneak up on OOC opponents as these upsets continue.
                      http://jarpride.com/2013/10/14/nebra...ha-storylines/

Finishing touches on the UNO weekend and turning page to SHU.

Comment

FYI Grieve Gensler and French did not skate together on the first line. I believe they presented the line in the line up but gensler switzer and gladiuk skated on the same line Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
                          FYI Grieve Gensler and French did not skate together on the first line. I believe they presented the line in the line up but gensler switzer and gladiuk skated on the same line Saturday.
                          Thanks for the clarification, since I wasn't there I obviously had to go by what was either heard on the audio (where the poor guy couldn't pronounce Gensler's name) and the College Hockey News stats app.

If you're headed to SHU, some tidbits:

http://jarpride.com/2013/10/16/bentl...inal-thoughts/

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                            Thanks for the clarification, since I wasn't there I obviously had to go by what was either heard on the audio (where the poor guy couldn't pronounce Gensler's name) and the College Hockey News stats app.

If you're headed to SHU, some tidbits:

http://jarpride.com/2013/10/16/bentl...inal-thoughts/
                            And your Game Prep!

http://jarpride.com/2013/10/16/game-...rt-university/

Comment

Not sure what to say about the Sacred Heart game. I await comment as I was very disappointed in so many facets of the game. I saw glimpses of last year all in one game. Guys trying to do too much, D not making the outlet pass, goaltending not as good, and and offense shooting but not getting quality shots.
                              Last edited by wwjg1158; 10-16-2013, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
                                Not sure what to say about the Sacred Heart game. I await comment as I was very disappointed in so many facets of the game. I saw glimpses of last year all in one game. Guys trying to do too much, D not making the outlet pass, goaltending not as good, and and offense shoting but not getting quality shots.
                                Must have been tough to watch. Very disappointing. But, perhaps Sacred Heart's win over UML was no fluke?

Comment

Working...
                                X