Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    I take the approach that it's more of a power poll more than anything. It resembles how the season ended last year more than an indication of the way it'll shape up this year. I don't believe Niagara will win the league tihs year, and I have Mercyhurst much higher.

I did part 1 of my wrap-up, but I'll have my poll later this week too. As an aside, I'm going to be working with Chris Lerch this year up on this site, so we'll have our previews too. God I love hockey season!

Jeff - love to compare notes.

http://jarpride.com/2013/09/18/aha-p...rap-up-part-1/
    Dan,

I'll have my preseason AHA all-conference, all-rookie teams, ROTY, GOTY and POTY up on the site tomorrow morning and I'll post here as I have a few Bentley players making the lists. I will post my preseason rankings on Tuesday on our site and I'll have Bentley at #5. I think AFA was ranked way too high based on reputation, and Bentley's defense will be better than it was last season. The offense will be fine.
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....ensler-bentley

My picks for AHA Preseason Awards with some Bentley mentions.
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        Dan,

I'll have my preseason AHA all-conference, all-rookie teams, ROTY, GOTY and POTY up on the site tomorrow morning and I'll post here as I have a few Bentley players making the lists. I will post my preseason rankings on Tuesday on our site and I'll have Bentley at #5. I think AFA was ranked way too high based on reputation, and Bentley's defense will be better than it was last season. The offense will be fine.
        I also have them at 5th in my opinion. I kept Air Force up there based on Torf and reputation, with Niagara clearly as the 1. Moved Mercyhurst and Canisius down; I wasn't sold on them last year until they both got hot at the right time.

Some updates to the JAR are underway.

http://jarpride.com/2013/09/24/jar-receives-facelift/
        Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

FROZEN FENWAY!!!!

http://nesn.com/2013/09/frozen-fenwa...ublic-skating/
          http://jarpride.com/2013/09/26/bentl...ads-to-fenway/

Comment

Flippin' sweet!!!!!!!
            Bentley University Hockey
            On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

• Ok, I said never again after seeing my alma mater UNH and three other HE teams at Frozen Fenway, but for Bentley - Holy Cross, I will make an exception.

Anyone else here see these two teams play at da Gahden during previous NHL lockout?

Can anyone find the "Who is Holy Cross" thread from a few years ago, which includes the funniest post evah?

Comment

Looking at a recent recap of the different conferences I notice no one questions the offense and everyone questions our ability to stop the other team! I hope the team D is much better! Can't wait for the upcoming sta rt in omaha!

Comment

Games I am attending: Omaha, Air Force, Holy Cross, Uconn home and away and AIC home and away! The rest will be viewed on the net! Let's have a great season!

Comment

Dan any suggested lines as of yet?

Comment

Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
                      Games I am attending: Omaha, Air Force, Holy Cross, Uconn home and away and AIC home and away! The rest will be viewed on the net! Let's have a great season!
                      Awesome that you will be in Omaha. I am still thinking about Air Force over Thanksgiving, but a lot depends on work load over the next few weeks. You going to Frozen Fenway on December 28th?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Awesome that you will be in Omaha. I am still thinking about Air Force over Thanksgiving, but a lot depends on work load over the next few weeks. You going to Frozen Fenway on December 28th?
                        wouldn't miss it should be a great game in a great venue.

Comment

Dan any suggested lines as of yet?
                          We're going to see a little bit of a different top six, but it's probably going to be the most formidable yet, and there aren't tons of changes:

Top line will most likely be Breton-Grieve-Gensler in my estimation, and the second line will be Switzer-Gladiuk-French. But if Switzer can reclaim his stroke this year like he had from his freshman season, he will easily fill back in with grieve and Gensler. Grieve is wearing one of two A's on the team. Breton has the other. Gensler does not have a letter on his jersey, just an FYI.

Third line will be Rickord-Kubiak and someone else, maybe Suter? Rickord is wearing Captain's C this year, too, so slot him in here.

Fourth line is actually goig to be a true fourth line. Fitzstephens and Deresky are thumpers, and I think Reardon might be transitioned full time up front.

Defensively, it'll be Blommer and Weinstein in pairing 1, and I think O'Brien will pair with Marginsky. O'Brien put on some serious weight in the offseason in muscle, and he had a TREMENDOUS offseason in training. Coach singled him out to me in an interview saying he had taken major strides.

Third pairing is going to be interesting because there's a plethora of guys. Ledford has had some injury issues, but he's obviously going to factor in there. Maher had a rough year last year, but he still played and has some potential after a decent freshman year. Berry and Donners are going to push for playing time as freshmen, and all of this is going to underline my prediction that Reardon moves up front. There's not enough slots for him in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                            We're going to see a little bit of a different top six, but it's probably going to be the most formidable yet, and there aren't tons of changes:

Top line will most likely be Breton-Grieve-Gensler in my estimation, and the second line will be Switzer-Gladiuk-French. But if Switzer can reclaim his stroke this year like he had from his freshman season, he will easily fill back in with grieve and Gensler. Grieve is wearing one of two A's on the team. Breton has the other. Gensler does not have a letter on his jersey, just an FYI.

Third line will be Rickord-Kubiak and someone else, maybe Suter? Rickord is wearing Captain's C this year, too, so slot him in here.

Fourth line is actually goig to be a true fourth line. Fitzstephens and Deresky are thumpers, and I think Reardon might be transitioned full time up front.

Defensively, it'll be Blommer and Weinstein in pairing 1, and I think O'Brien will pair with Marginsky. O'Brien put on some serious weight in the offseason in muscle, and he had a TREMENDOUS offseason in training. Coach singled him out to me in an interview saying he had taken major strides.

Third pairing is going to be interesting because there's a plethora of guys. Ledford has had some injury issues, but he's obviously going to factor in there. Maher had a rough year last year, but he still played and has some potential after a decent freshman year. Berry and Donners are going to push for playing time as freshmen, and all of this is going to underline my prediction that Reardon moves up front. There's not enough slots for him in the back.

Nice information regarding the team. So it sounds as though we might be pleased with the d this year? I hope we see strong blue line presence from this team. No surprise on the Leadership roles. Gensler not having a letter means little he needs to lead the team in hitting the offensive numbers everyone expects from them. The number 1 line needs to lead this team to the AHA championship.

Comment

Fellow Falconers --

Tonight there's a USCHO Live radio show going on - I'll be on to speak to the AHA at about 8:30-8:40ish!

Comment

Nice information regarding the team. So it sounds as though we might be pleased with the d this year? I hope we see strong blue line presence from this team. No surprise on the Leadership roles. Gensler not having a letter means little he needs to lead the team in hitting the offensive numbers everyone expects from them. The number 1 line needs to lead this team to the AHA championship.
                                I think the defense is A LOT deeper than we're giving them credit for. Everything started to come together last year right about when Blommer got hurt. Then he went down with the MCL and it wasn't the same after that. The problem being is that when he did come back, #21 wasn't the same as he was at the beginning of the season. With a full offseason of strength work, he should be back and better this year.

When Ledford is potentially being left OFF the roster on gameday because there aren't enough slots to go around, that's amazing. If anything else, I think maybe they dress an extra dman and sit a forward like Reardon or Fitzstephens, but remember that both of them have experience playing back. Fitzy was there last year, and Reardon is regularly a defender who has the size and shot to play up front. Pretty amazing depth if you ask me.

I really think the 2nd line is going to be where Bentley really cuts their teeth because that line would be a top line on most other teams in the league. That line has the potential to top the first line in production if eveyrthing clicks at once.

Comment

Working...
                                X