Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    So, UConn can add extra scholies this year before they leave? Did Quinnipiac do the same before they left a few years ago?

Any more rumors on whom might replace UConn?
    I think Quinnipiac was playing with like 15 scholarships in the MAAC

Comment

Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

So, UConn can add extra scholies this year before they leave? Did Quinnipiac do the same before they left a few years ago?

Any more rumors on whom might replace UConn?
      UConn gradually added the scholarships. I think last year they phased in something like 6 or 8, then upped it to 12 this year (which is the AHA limit), and will go to 18 next year when they join Hockey East. It's a monetary value, since they have a roster of like 24 or 25 guys. I think Qpac did something similar, but they left before the scholarship limit was 12 in the MAAC. When they left Atlantic HOckey, I think the scholarship limit was 10.

In terms of rumors on who's leaving, it's my understanding that it's stilll St. Anselm's spot to lose. St. A's would immediately fill the void in the eastern pod, and it wouldn't hurt any scheduling. The hold up with the league office is that there's a substantial amount of teams looking to keep the 12th spot open until someone else announces they're going to come up. There's a number of coaches holding out for both Syracuse and URI, but Syracuse would be bad for scheduling, as would Navy, who some are holding out for as well. They're also holding out for an unnamed school that I haven't heard a lot about. Right now, it's St. A's spot to lose, which is what publicly was announced. URI and Navy are close second if they wanted to elevate from club (it would take a substantial investment, whereas St. A's wouldn't. They would start with zero scholarships and build up, but they could compete right away with their NE-10 success). And then behind is a cavalcade of schools like Syracuse, Rutgers, and a bunch of schools that probably aren't coming. It's just fun to throw names out there.

Last I heard, there were also a couple of AAC schools spitballing putting out hockey.
      Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

So evaluation of the incoming senior class,! Will they be leaders or simply a disappointment as we had high expectations. It is my understanding several are staying in Boston this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
          So evaluation of the incoming senior class,! Will they be leaders or simply a disappointment as we had high expectations. It is my understanding several are staying in Boston this summer!
          Ummm, with seven seniors, six who have played a lot since they were freshmen, I would hope that we see some leadership there this coming season. With Breton from Fitchburg, Komm and Marginsky from New York, Fitzstephens from Michigan, Rickford from Illinois, Gensler from Missouri, and Ledford from California, that is quite the geographical mix for hanging out in the Boston area this summer. Hope that they get lots of ice time over the next few months.

Comment

Ummm, with seven seniors, six who have played a lot since they were freshmen, I would hope that we see some leadership there this coming season. With Breton from Fitchburg, Komm and Marginsky from New York, Fitzstephens from Michigan, Rickford from Illinois, Gensler from Missouri, and Ledford from California, that is quite the geographical mix for hanging out in the Boston area this summer. Hope that they get lots of ice time over the next few months.
            It's my personal opinion that there is more than enough talent on this team, especially with the incoming class, to set the stage for a grand run of Bentley hockey that rivals what RIT did in its first few years in the AHA. this team has the talent. Now they just need the heart.

Comment

Mark Meads is transferring to Tufts in D3. He played maybe 5 shifts the whole year, 3 of them quality energy time, but he's very small and is not cut out physically or skill wise to be a Division I hockey player.

Still, I wish him best of luck at Tufts, and I hope he can still achieve success on and off the ice!
              Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                It's my personal opinion that there is more than enough talent on this team, especially with the incoming class, to set the stage for a grand run of Bentley hockey that rivals what RIT did in its first few years in the AHA. this team has the talent. Now they just need the heart.
                I think that wwjg was wondering whether the senior leadership would be there this coming season, which might have been a problem last season as the only three seniors were for the most part role players on the third and fourth lines. I do not think anyone is questioning the talent or heart on this team. Also, some have questioned the coaching.

Comment

Sorry I think they should do more than hang out in Boston. As seniors I would expect them to workout, skate, and hold each other accountable. They shouldn't be looking to the next fun night! Of course that is a simplistic view of what a young man should do but to be successful you need to sacrifice. Bentley is suppose to be a great business school hopefully it helped to build character as well. I believe they have talent to make it to the aha finals but they must be willing to sacrifice for the sake of the team. I am not sure about the talent level of the freshman however everyone needs to step up, Watching the NHL playoffs proves team defense wins games! It starts from the goalie on out.

Comment

We're headed to Merrimack on November 1

Comment

So is there a schedule out yet? When will Atlantic Hockey or Bentley post the upcoming schedule?

Comment

I keep checking - Holy Cross and Army have released schedules already. AHA released it in early May last year. Check out the link in my sig for schedules as they come out.
                        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                        Men's Frozen Four 2010
                        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
                          So is there a schedule out yet? When will Atlantic Hockey or Bentley post the upcoming schedule?
                          Bentley typically does not release the full official schedule until the middle or end of June. There's some administrative things they need to shore up before it can be released.

My biggest concern with the Merrimack game is that it's the day before Bentley will play at Army. That means they'll have to road games on consecutive days at Merrimack up in North Andover and at Army down at West Point.

Comment

Some news and notes from the spring meetings of the AHA

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...ship-increase/

Comment

Looking at the AHA expansion's interested targets.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...ks-heating-up/

Maybe it's just me, but I think URI is a terrible idea. The state is in a fit of an economic disaster, and Gov. Chafee has approval ratings almost as bad as Gov. Carcieri. I've been around Rhode Island long enough to know that Providence is dealing with a lot of empty store fronts; South Main STreet used to have tailors and smoke shops. I think now the only thing down there is a smoke shop (a fantastic one at that if you're looking for good deals on cigars), and pretty much that's it. The streets are deserted depending on where you go, and outside of Providence PLace, there's little to no option. It's kind of depressing for those of us who remember being politely asked to leave Ri-Ra and going somewhere for late night grub in Downtown.

At least Thayer St. and Brown's campus is still bustling.

Comment

Bentley will play BU at agganis arena on 12/13

Comment

Working...
                                X