Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Equating Bentley and UVM academically or in hockey is just plain silly.
    Well now wait a minute. They're both pretty awful at hockey. I think it's a fair comparison.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
      Well now wait a minute. They're both pretty awful at hockey. I think it's a fair comparison.
      Perhaps over the past couple of years. But, UVM made the NCAAs in 1988, 96, 97, 09, and 10; Frozen Four in 1996 and 2009; and ECAC champ in 96. Patrick Sharp, 02 alum, played for Black Hawks in game 1 of Stanley Cup finals; Torrey Mitchell, 07 alum, has played a lot for the Minnesoa Wild; and Victor Stalberg, 09 alum, put up 23 points for the Black Hawks this season. Martin St Louis, 1997 alum, put up 227 points (91 G, 176 A) over four seasons, and won the NHL Art Ross trophy in 2013. Eric Perrin was no slouch either.
      Last edited by Snively65; 06-14-2013, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Yeah, I'm going with Jimmy Montgomery from Paul Kariya for the third time in about about a five minute span midway through the third period to complete the comeback and seal the national championship in 1993.

Comment

Tim Thomas

(at least I think that's the name on the back of the UVM shirt I am wearing right now! )
          -M

Comment

• Originally posted by RITProf View Post
            Tim Thomas

(at least I think that's the name on the back of the UVM shirt I am wearing right now! )
            Ha, ha, ha. How could I have left out Timmy? But, looks like Tuukka may take the Bruins back to the Promised Land this year.

Comment

So an announcement to be made about the blog site. I'm in the process of reconstructing the website; what was once Excalibur Sports is now becoming JAR Pride, dedicated to Bentley hockey. Further details: http://jarpride.com/2013/06/19/the-t...are-a-changin/

The website is still very much under construction.
              Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                So an announcement to be made about the blog site. I'm in the process of reconstructing the website; what was once Excalibur Sports is now becoming JAR Pride, dedicated to Bentley hockey. Further details: http://jarpride.com/2013/06/19/the-t...are-a-changin/

The website is still very much under construction.
                Best wishes with JAR Pride, Dan. Looking forward to reading your new blog, and contributions here, too, of course.

Comment

Dustin Cloutier '11 is headed for Norway.

http://jarpride.com/2013/06/21/clout...h-frisk-asker/

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                    Dustin Cloutier '11 is headed for Norway.

http://jarpride.com/2013/06/21/clout...h-frisk-asker/
                    Good for Clout.

That 2008-2009 team had some depth. Erik Peterson also put up good numbers on that second line with Menzi and Clout, and along with Canzoneri and freshman Aaron Stonacek did not pick up a single penalty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Exactly. But, UVM is still a fine academic institution, and, like UNH, a public university in name only, tuition driven with very little support from the state. But, for a Div 1 college hockey player without a driving interest in a business degree, going to UVM over Bentley is a no brainer, with 4000 screaming fans in the Gutt for every home game and living in one of the finest small party cities in America.
                      Not to mention UVM is likely to have a new barn before the decade is out, while Bentley can only hope someday they will move from a youth hockey atmosphere to something more collegiate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hux View Post
                        Not to mention UVM is likely to have a new barn before the decade is out, while Bentley can only hope someday they will move from a youth hockey atmosphere to something more collegiate.
                        Stay tuned.
                        Bentley University Hockey
                        On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Know Your Enemy kicks off with a look at the UNO Mavericks.

http://jarpride.com/2013/06/25/know-...ebraska-omaha/

Comment

Brady Shaw on his decommitment:

http://hockeynow.ca/posts/43649-surr...s-towards-ncaa

Originally committed to Bentley, Shaw decommitted in April, as Bentley isn’t a top-tier college program and isn’t funded like one, either.

“You hate to say it, but the main factor in my decommitting was money,” Shaw opined. “Bentley just wasn’t able to offer me a full-ride scholarship, and I feel with the second half I’ve had this year, I have an opportunity to get a full-ride or something close, elsewhere. That was always the goal.”

No matter where Shaw ends up (he admits there are ‘around 10’ schools interested), it’s clear that if he continues to take strides as he has this season, the Eagles may have another famous alumnus to add to their list.

Comment

As an aside;

Isn't the word "decommit" an oxymoron?
                              Bentley University Hockey
                              On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                                As an aside;

Isn't the word "decommit" an oxymoron?
                                Ha, ha, ha. Decommit is not even a word, unlike decontaminate.

Comment

Working...
                                X