Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eXcSports
    replied
    Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Picks are posted. If we are right, next week would bring the following:

Dan:
    RMU at Air Force
    Niagara at UConn
    RIT at Bentley
    Sacred Heart at Mercyhurst

Chris:
    Holy Cross at Mercyhurst
    RMU at Air Force
    Niagara at UConn
    Canisius at Bentley

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Also, Dan wrote a very fine USCHO.com lead article on the AHA opening round this week. Thanks for adopting Bentley, Dan.
    It has been absolutely my pleasure. Coming out of a D3 school that had a great hockey team when I was there (and basketball), I'm happy to have found a landing spot at the ground floor. Like I've said before, the Bentley Falcons were a stock that I was lucky enough to buy into low (that they let me buy into), and that stock is on the way up. One thing I can never take for granted is the way the school took me in. I truly appreciate it.

The causehead in me looked for something that I could help build. Instead, the hockey fire burning at Bentley drives me to keep doing what I'm doing. Now we just have to get it to rage into an inferno; there's a lot of hockey and work left to do!

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
    Great show Dan! That radio montage of Dan Rubin calls to kick it off was excellent. Looking forward to the rest of your coverage leading up to the big series next weekend!
    Also, Dan wrote a very fine USCHO.com lead article on the AHA opening round this week. Thanks for adopting Bentley, Dan.

Leave a comment:

• The Top Shelf
    replied

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    I'll be hosting a playoff kickoff show in the Student Center tomorrow night at 7 PM. Further details released tomorrow. Bentley's athletic site RT'd what I had to say about it and I'll have a more detailed post tomorrow.

http://jarpride.com/2014/03/02/help-...ffs-this-week/
    Great show Dan! That radio montage of Dan Rubin calls to kick it off was excellent. Looking forward to the rest of your coverage leading up to the big series next weekend!

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

I'll be hosting a playoff kickoff show in the Student Center tomorrow night at 7 PM. Further details released tomorrow. Bentley's athletic site RT'd what I had to say about it and I'll have a more detailed post tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
    That's awesome! It's great way to close out the regular season, and a huge positive looking ahead to next year. I think there were a lot of people who were attending their first game, and everyone seemed to have a great time. The playoff series will unfortunately occur over Spring Break so we can't expect that kind of crowd for next weekend. However, I know the dorms will be open and some students are planning on coming back early on Friday the 14th for the series. If it went to a game 3, everyone would be back on campus and we could probably get the place packed again, but let's hope that isn't necessary!
    Great effort this year, TTS. Thanks for all that you do.

Leave a comment:

• The Top Shelf
    replied

That's awesome! It's great way to close out the regular season, and a huge positive looking ahead to next year. I think there were a lot of people who were attending their first game, and everyone seemed to have a great time. The playoff series will unfortunately occur over Spring Break so we can't expect that kind of crowd for next weekend. However, I know the dorms will be open and some students are planning on coming back early on Friday the 14th for the series. If it went to a game 3, everyone would be back on campus and we could probably get the place packed again, but let's hope that isn't necessary!

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    I'm still checking if it's a record.
    It's officially the first time Bentley's gone over 1,000 people at the JAR.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

USCHO posted attendance at 1095; is that a record for the JAR? Falcons Nest students were great in their chants tonight, with "It's all your fault" at the AIC goalie, "You can't do that" at the AIC penalty takers, a creative Miranda rights chant at one AIC penalty taker, and "Gloria" for the Bentley president who made an appearance.

Big offensive night for Grieve with 2 goals and 2 assists, Blomquist with 3 assists, and Gensler with a goal and an assist to move up to 4th place for points in Div 1 (Grieve now tied for 7th). But, more important, Bentley played excellent team defense in front of Komm, who also had a fine game tonight. All of Bentley's 5 unanswered goals were at even strength. At least third place, first round bye, and home ice for second round now assured for post-season.

Nice final regular season home game for the 7 seniors and their parents honored at the beginning of the contest.
    I'm still checking if it's a record.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Great run to the end to wrap up the best regular season. Still a lot of work left for this team since the ceiling's been raised. The expectation is there. They're expected to compete at the highest level, and now it's on them to go out, practice, and get it done. I can't wait for the playoffs.

Great job by the fans making the trip to Springfield. I admittedly didn't go, but they made the OIC a bad place to play for the home team.

We'll be doing a kickoff special broacast at 7 PM on Wednesday in the student center to help kick off the AHA playoffs since the students are on spring break next week. If you can make it, great. If you can't make it, I'll have it up live. Still working out the final details, so stay tuned this week for more. I can say that i know I'll be in the pub doing the broadcast, so hopefully we'll be able to drum up a good crowd with some good people listening in.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by schiegs View Post
    Transcript of a conversation in the lift line at Mammoth today, between me and the guys behind me, one of whom was wearing a BU hockey sweater.

Me: "I take it your a big BU fan."
    BU: "Absolutely, both of us were when we were undergrads."
    Me: "Tough year with the departure of Jack Parker."
    BU: "We're still good. You must be a BC guy."
    Me: "No, actually Bentley. We've got a pretty decent squad this year."
    BU: "Ha. Do they actually have a team? I thought they were a bunch of skinny bean counters."
    Me: "Yeah, it would really suck to lose 4-1 to a bunch of skinny bean counters."
    BU: (Blank stare. Gets out his iPhone)
    Guy behind him: "I believe that's called a 'burn'."
    Too funny!

Congrats to Falcons for sweep on their final weekend. Time to get rested over next two weeks, but not lose edge for first round at the JAR.

Leave a comment:

• schiegs
    replied

Transcript of a conversation in the lift line at Mammoth today, between me and the guys behind me, one of whom was wearing a BU hockey sweater.

Me: "I take it your a big BU fan."
    BU: "Absolutely, both of us were when we were undergrads."
    Me: "Tough year with the departure of Jack Parker."
    BU: "We're still good. You must be a BC guy."
    Me: "No, actually Bentley. We've got a pretty decent squad this year."
    BU: "Ha. Do they actually have a team? I thought they were a bunch of skinny bean counters."
    Me: "Yeah, it would really suck to lose 4-1 to a bunch of skinny bean counters."
    BU: (Blank stare. Gets out his iPhone)
    Guy behind him: "I believe that's called a 'burn'."

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

I never received an AHA record book so I couldn't report on it. But Gensler broke the AHA scoring record held by a guy from sacred heart

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Should be nearly a full house at the JAR tonight.
    USCHO posted attendance at 1095; is that a record for the JAR? Falcons Nest students were great in their chants tonight, with "It's all your fault" at the AIC goalie, "You can't do that" at the AIC penalty takers, a creative Miranda rights chant at one AIC penalty taker, and "Gloria" for the Bentley president who made an appearance.

Big offensive night for Grieve with 2 goals and 2 assists, Blomquist with 3 assists, and Gensler with a goal and an assist to move up to 4th place for points in Div 1 (Grieve now tied for 7th). But, more important, Bentley played excellent team defense in front of Komm, who also had a fine game tonight. All of Bentley's 5 unanswered goals were at even strength. At least third place, first round bye, and home ice for second round now assured for post-season.

Nice final regular season home game for the 7 seniors and their parents honored at the beginning of the contest.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Should be nearly a full house at the JAR tonight.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X