Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
    Bentley played HC in a MAAC title game several years back. The memorable aspect was that had Bentley won, the MAAC would have had two teams in the tourney, since the PWR didn't account for insular schedules. After that scare, the NCAA tweaked the system a bit, henceforth known as the "Bentley rule."
    It was 2006 (Atlantic Hockey by then), the year Holy Cross went on to beat #1 Minnesota in the Tournament. The "Bentley Rule" changed the process so a team that got in via automatic qualifier was no longer a TUC (Team Under Consideration) if it did not meet the other criteria. Under the criteria used in 2006, if Holy Cross had lost the AHA title game to Bentley, not only would HC also have gotten in, it would have been a #3 seed because of its otherwise winning record against Bentley, which would have been a TUC.

Comment

Besides 2006 and 2013, the only other time the AHA would have had two teams in the Tournament was 2009. Air Force would have been an at-large team if it had lost to Mercyhurst in the title game.

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for the info!
        Bentley University Hockey
        On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          My apologies for the drunk male student who was charging around like a madman at the JAR on Saturday; he was an embarrassment to our school, the team, and our fans.
          Because he is not here to defend himself I am speaking on behalf of the alleged "drunk" charging madman. I am sure he truly values your opinion and offers his sincerest apologies. It appeared that said madman was only trying to get the JAR's largest crowd of the season fired up, which in my opinion, he did successfully. Rumor is, said madman has been to most away games, and every home game. He is as devoted as they come and I would be honored to cheer with him as should any fan. Not only does this madman care for the program, but also maintains friendly relationships with the friends and families of the Bentley Hockey Community. I personally witnessed the said madman get extra mini-hockey sticks, for several children as well as give away his own souvenir.

And I ask you Mr. Snively65 would you rather have a passionate fan base or no fan base at all?

I look forward to seeing both of you next weekend at the JAR.

God Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkChargingMadman View Post
            Because he is not here to defend himself I am speaking on behalf of the alleged "drunk" charging madman. I am sure he truly values your opinion and offers his sincerest apologies. It appeared that said madman was only trying to get the JAR's largest crowd of the season fired up, which in my opinion, he did successfully. Rumor is, said madman has been to most away games, and every home game. He is as devoted as they come and I would be honored to cheer with him as should any fan. Not only does this madman care for the program, but also maintains friendly relationships with the friends and families of the Bentley Hockey Community. I personally witnessed the said madman get extra mini-hockey sticks, for several children as well as give away his own souvenir.

And I ask you Mr. Snively65 would you rather have a passionate fan base or no fan base at all?

I look forward to seeing both of you next weekend at the JAR.

God Bless.
            Fan devotion is great. But, the string of four letter words he screamed at the UConn bench on two different occasions were not cool.

Comment

Fan devotion is great. But, the string of four letter words he screamed at the UConn bench on two different occasions were not cool.
              I personally did not hear him say anything too over the top, but that's fair enough. However, I think most fans would agree with me that labeling him as "an embarrassment to the school, the team, and the fans" is extremely unfair. He got the typically apathetic crowd of students engaged and excited. And I think we can both agree that his passion is unrivaled That's progress in my eyes, and far from an embarrassment.

That's all for this account. Go Bentley! Beat Army!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDrunkChargingMadman View Post
                I personally did not hear him say anything too over the top, but that's fair enough. However, I think most fans would agree with me that labeling him as "an embarrassment to the school, the team, and the fans" is extremely unfair. He got the typically apathetic crowd of students engaged and excited. And I think we can both agree that his passion is unrivaled That's progress in my eyes, and far from an embarrassment.

That's all for this account. Go Bentley! Beat Army!
                If you "personally did not hear him say anything too over the top," then you obviously were not there in the seats behind the UConn bench, so you are not in much of a position to defend his despicable behavior.

Comment

Had the privilege of talking with the Top Shelf before the Mercyhurst series. Did some homework as well; enjoy this piece leading up to the Army series. It's not about whether or not the school builds the rink but how you support the program. Boys - it was a pleasure to do this.

http://jarpride.com/2014/02/13/the-n...nt-engagement/
                  Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                    Had the privilege of talking with the Top Shelf before the Mercyhurst series. Did some homework as well; enjoy this piece leading up to the Army series. It's not about whether or not the school builds the rink but how you support the program. Boys - it was a pleasure to do this.

Great article Dan, we were happy to sit down with you and look forward to keeping you updated. Our meeting with Dean Shepardson is tomorrow so we'll have more news by game time this weekend.

We know how the UConn game had great attendance and the school is looking to build off of last weeks promising crowd. They'll be raffling off a iPad air, and giving out a $100 gift card to the student who shows the most passion. The theme in order to qualify for these events is olympic night. So expect students to come decked out in lost of patriotic gear. I think between the giveaways, and the new fans who enjoyed last weeks game, we can expect another great crowd.

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
                      Great article Dan, we were happy to sit down with you and look forward to keeping you updated. Our meeting with Dean Shepardson is tomorrow so we'll have more news by game time this weekend.

We know how the UConn game had great attendance and the school is looking to build off of last weeks promising crowd. They'll be raffling off a iPad air, and giving out a $100 gift card to the student who shows the most passion. The theme in order to qualify for these events is olympic night. So expect students to come decked out in lost of patriotic gear. I think between the giveaways, and the new fans who enjoyed last weeks game, we can expect another great crowd.
                      Fitting, since it's against Army.

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post

From your Army storylines....
                        " But having Breton banged up sustains the first injury to the top six since Max French was out of the lineup earlier in the season."

fyi
                        Breton was on the third line on Saturday

Comment

• Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
                          " But having Breton banged up sustains the first injury to the top six since Max French was out of the lineup earlier in the season."

fyi
                          Third line was awesome last Saturday night. Great having three lines that can score this season. Go Falcons! Thanks, Falcons Nest!!

Comment

Third line was awesome last Saturday night. Great having three lines that can score this season. Go Falcons! Thanks, Falcons Nest!!
                            Indeed it was! And down the stretch that ability from lines 3 and 4 will be more and more important as will Shut down defense, it won't be about individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post

fyi
                              But had played second line all year and played second line on Friday.

Comment

On a side note...

Anyone else notice how the perennial chorus of how the "western teams should kick out the eastern teams because they drag down the conference" has ceased?
                                Bentley University Hockey
                                On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Working...
                                X