Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Sorry for some recruiting bad news ... Shaw decommits. Not sure if that was already known...
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      Sorry for some recruiting bad news ... Shaw decommits. Not sure if that was already known...
      Any other day, I'd go on a rant about not honoring a commitment. Today, I really could care less.
      Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

So I know I'm usually about shameless plugs, but this time it's a little different. Hopefully you all can read this and enjoy some smiles today in the Boston area.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...t-dirty-water/

Thoughts coming next week most likely on Shaw's decommitment.
        Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Another awful day here in "locked down" Boston and western suburbs. So, please forgive me for using our thread as an escape.

Our one-time arch-hockey-rival Holy Cross just posted their 2013-14 schedule in which we play a home and home the last weekend of January, as well as the third game at the JAR on November 16th.

On a related note, HC will have the undisputed most difficult OOC schedule ever with games at BC, BU, and Yale, as well as home and homes with Quinnipiac (and Norheastern).

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            On a related note, HC will have the undisputed most difficult OOC schedule ever with games at BC, BU, and Yale, as well as home and homes with Quinnipiac (and Norheastern).
            That NC schedule impressed me. Those are some quality opponents.
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
              That NC schedule impressed me. Those are some quality opponents.
              Agreed. Jealous.
              Bentley University Hockey
              On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                Agreed. Jealous.
                Bentley isn't doing so bad in the OOC department, either. The creation of the NCHC and the changing of the Hockey East schedule have opened up some great opportunities, and the leagues are looking to fill them with AHA and others. Bentley will play UMass-Lowell, Harvard, BU, and Nebraska-Omaha, which isn't on par with Holy Cross' Quinnipiac and Yale but it's close. remember that the other schools need to sell tickets, and Holy Cross is at least a name that can sell tickets, especially to places like Qpac and Yale that need ticket sales. BC is a natural rival with Holy Cross - they have a rivalry going back years and years. And BU is scheduling as many teams from the area as possible to fill out the rest of their slate.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                  Bentley isn't doing so bad in the OOC department, either. The creation of the NCHC and the changing of the Hockey East schedule have opened up some great opportunities, and the leagues are looking to fill them with AHA and others. Bentley will play UMass-Lowell, Harvard, BU, and Nebraska-Omaha, which isn't on par with Holy Cross' Quinnipiac and Yale but it's close. remember that the other schools need to sell tickets, and Holy Cross is at least a name that can sell tickets, especially to places like Qpac and Yale that need ticket sales. BC is a natural rival with Holy Cross - they have a rivalry going back years and years. And BU is scheduling as many teams from the area as possible to fill out the rest of their slate.
                  Will be interesting to see who Bentley plays for their other two OOC games. Ryan has put together very competitive OOC schedules in the past, especially the past two seasons. Two years ago those games paid dividends down the stretch; last season not so much. I am will hoping for a Falcon visit to Lake Whitt, which would be the only time that I root against my alma mater.
                  Last edited by Snively65; 04-22-2013, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Will be interesting to see who Bentley plays for their other two OOC games. Ryan has put together very competitive OOC schedules in the past, especially the past two seasons. Two years ago those games paid dividends down the stretch; last season not so much. I am will hoping for a Falcon visit to Lake Whitt, which would be the only time that I root against my alma mater.
                    I believe we can add Merrimack to that list.

Comment

Brady Shaw is gone. Some notes.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...-from-bentley/

Comment

so...just wondering. is Flex the Falcon male or female?
                        maybe Flex should get to know BGSU's Freddie and Frieda, for some clean & wholesome falcon socializing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_and_Frieda_Falcon
                        Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                          so...just wondering. is Flex the Falcon male or female?
                          maybe Flex should get to know BGSU's Freddie and Frieda, for some clean & wholesome falcon socializing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_and_Frieda_Falcon
                          I think Flex is a single dad because he's always got Flex Jr. in tow. Either that or she's a single mom trying to hump out a living the best way she knows how. Either way, our new logo looks like freaking Sonic the Hedgehog.

http://www.bentley.edu/offices/brand/official-logos

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                            I think Flex is a single dad because he's always got Flex Jr. in tow. Either that or she's a single mom trying to hump out a living the best way she knows how. Either way, our new logo looks like freaking Sonic the Hedgehog.

http://www.bentley.edu/offices/brand/official-logos
                            For many years Wild E. Cat at UNH was a female skater.

Comment

It looks like Coach Gwoz from Denver, who was recently fired, is closing in on becoming the new UConn coach. UConn has only one year left in the AHA, and the lame duck year is always the weirdest. It'll be interesting how the team transitions given that its started putting in schollys and now will have a top-flight coach. Given their rebranding, we're going to see a very different UConn team this year before they depart. Feels kind of like we wont get to see much through to completion.

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                                It looks like Coach Gwoz from Denver, who was recently fired, is closing in on becoming the new UConn coach. UConn has only one year left in the AHA, and the lame duck year is always the weirdest. It'll be interesting how the team transitions given that its started putting in schollys and now will have a top-flight coach. Given their rebranding, we're going to see a very different UConn team this year before they depart. Feels kind of like we wont get to see much through to completion.
                                So, UConn can add extra scholies this year before they leave? Did Quinnipiac do the same before they left a few years ago?

Any more rumors on whom might replace UConn?

Comment

Working...
                                X