Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    Nice article, Dan.

And, now I see why Brett Gensler stuck it to Holy Cross with his pure hat trick. I had forgotten that he was from St. Louis, so after all of that Red Sox love on the Holy Cross blog, it was obviously too much for him to stomach. In my earlier post I stated that I did not care whether Brett was a Red Sox fan or not; well, of course not, duh.

Comment

Bentley gets 8 points in this week's poll. 26th out of 28 teams receiving votes.
      Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

All the articles regarding winning because of the loss St Louis had this past fall are funny! Really I believe young Gensler was simply pumped for being on such a big stage. What a great venue! I don't think Brett really saw it other than a great place to play his favorite sport! One never knows what happens after you graduate he may end up living in the area. That being said I believe this team wants to do something special this year. You have all the seniors and the rest of the team pulling together as a team to win! It is great to see and if you ever talk to any of the boys you would find out they are all nice gentleman! Really they are and you have to love Komm...he is absolutely doing it this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
          Bentley gets 8 points in this week's poll. 26th out of 28 teams receiving votes.
          Really cool. I always chuckle when I remember Wolverine fans asking me in Ann Arbor two years ago if Bentley was located somewhere in New York.

Also, check out Reilly Hamilton's automated PWR simulator in the John T Whelan simulator thread; Bentley 39th, just behind Air Force and a few slots ahead of Mercyhurst.

Finally, when I drove by the tennis courts on a Beaver Street early this morning, they were covered by a sheet of ice. Now, if that is not a favorable omen for a rink on campus, I do not know what is. :-)
          Last edited by Snively65; 12-30-2013, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
            Is this the most votes Bentley has received recently?

Comment

Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
              Is this the most votes Bentley has received recently?
              It is, indeed, a record. Also, the Sports Info department posted video from the press conference. It's up on youtube.
              Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Also, check out Reilly Hamilton's automated PWR simulator in the John T Whelan simulator thread; Bentley 39th, just behind Air Force and a few slots ahead of Mercyhurst.
                Oops, AFA just jumped to 32nd with sweep of NU and PC the past two nights. So, given our performance in the Springs last month, looks like these two teams will be the AHA favorites moving into the second half.

Comment

Two days away from entering second half with amazing streak going..
                  Players stayed on track and focused in spite of the two terrific venues and brought home the wins. Good to see that maturity. Every player in this run has been key to the team's success, whether making it onto the score board or not. Winning is wonderful, makes the coach's job easy. They just keep doing what they are doing with who they doing it with and ride the wave. Hopefully all players stay healthy so no major adjustments/changes are needed. This is where an experienced seasoned coach knows you dont mess with things and even if the team hits a bump (even a great team has some bad bounces and no puck luck in a game) you do not panic and start pulling things apart. Unneccesary and it may topple what has been built week by week. Save creative thinking for the art room and Dan keep wearing that shirt.
                  Last edited by beenthere77; 01-02-2014, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
                    Two days away from entering second half with amazing streak going..
                    Players stayed on track and focused in spite of the two terrific venues and brough home the wins. Good to see that maturity. Every player in this run has been key to the team's success, whether making it onto the score board or not. Winning is wonderful, makes the coach's job easy. They just keep doing what they are doing with who they doing it with and ride the wave. Hopefully all players stay healthy so no major adjustments/changes are needed. This is where an experienced seasoned coach knows you dont mess with things and even if the team hits a bump (even a great time has some bad bounces and no puck luck in a game) you do not panic and start pulling things apart. Unneccesary and it may topple what has been built week by week. Save creative thinking for the art room and Dan keep wearing that shirt.
                    Lemme tell you that shirt I have on has been doused with Axe so much that if you lit a match near me, it would take out everything from Boston to Albany.

Congrats to Brett Gensler on being named AHA Co-player of the week.

http://jarpride.com/2014/01/01/gensl...layer-of-week/

Comment

Also, Chris lerch - can I get an A-MEN!

http://www.uscho.com/2014/01/01/bent...beaten-streak/

Comment

Mid-season Bentley stats report:

It is all about special teams during the first half for Bentley, as they stand in Div 1 overall 5th place in PPG, 17 of 67 for 25.37%, and tied for 13th with Maine in PK, 74 of 87 for 85.1%. Also, being tied for 38th in Pen Min, at 91 for 193, or 11.35 PM/Game helps (UConn lowest overall, 59th, at 52 for 115, or 7.67 PM/Game for this one). So, that translates to 89 2-min minors, one 5-min major, and one 10-min misconduct; good discipline so far for the Falcons. My alma mater UNH Wildcats, also known as the Skating Mother Teresa's, are 57th in Pen Min, at 77 for 165, or 7.86 PM/Game.

For individual stats, Weinstein is highest scoring D-man in Div 1, tied at 13th overall in points; 17 games, 1 goal, 23 assists, for 24 points. Next closest D-men are Mat Bodie at Union (18, 2-17-19) and Trevor van Riemsdyk at UNH (21, 4-15-19), who have 1 and 4 extra games, respectively. Next closest AHA point scorers are Ryan Misiak, Mercyhurst (20, 7-15-22), teammate Alex Grieve (17, 12-9-21), Chad Demers, Air Force (18, 8-12-20), and teammate Brett Gensler (17, 9-10-19). The AHA has had one Top 10 Hobey candidate announced in early March each of the past three years: Carsen Chubiak, G, Niagara, last year; Tim Kirby, D, Air Force, in 2012; and Paul Zanette, F, Niagara, in 2011.
                        Last edited by Snively65; 01-01-2014, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Mid-season Bentley stats report:

It is all about special teams during the first half for Bentley, as they stand in Div 1 overall 5th place in PPG, 17 of 67 for 25.37%, and tied for 13th with Maine in PK, 74 of 87 for 85.1%. Also, being tied for 38th in Pen Min, at 91 for 193, or 11.35 PM/Game helps (UConn lowest overall, 59th, at 52 for 115, or 7.67 PM/Game for this one). So, that translates to 89 2-min minors, one 5-min major, and one 10-min misconduct; good discipline so far for the Falcons. My alma mater UNH Wildcats, also known as the Skating Mother Teresa's, are 57th in Pen Min, at 77 for 165, or 7.86 PM/Game.

For individual stats, Weinstein is highest scoring D-man in Div 1, tied at 13th overall in points; 17 games, 1 goal, 23 assists, for 24 points. Next closest D-men are Mat Bodie at Union (18, 2-17-19) and Trevor van Riemsdyk at UNH (21, 4-15-19), who have 1 and 4 extra games, respectively. Next closest AHA point scorers are Ryan Misiak, Mercyhurst (20, 7-15-22), teammate Alex Grieve (17, 12-9-21), Chad Demers, Air Force (18, 8-12-20), and teammate Brett Gensler (17, 9-10-19). The AHA has had one Top 10 Hobey candidate announced in early March each of the past three years: Carsen Chubiak, G, Niagara, last year; Tim Kirby, D, Air Force, in 2012; and Paul Zanette, F, Niagara, in 2011.
                          Snively - Good stuff.

Here's where we're at in terms of chasing downt he history.

http://jarpride.com/2014/01/02/chasing-history-niagara/

Comment

Bentley's campus will be closed on Friday because of snowstorm. But, as far as we know at this time, the Niagara game at the JAR on Friday night is still on, as is the women's basketball game at the Dana Center. I will be at the JAR, of course. If anyone is interested, perhaps we should organize a recap at John Brewers Pub after the game?

Comment

Bentley's campus will be closed on Friday because of snowstorm. But, as far as we know at this time, the Niagara game at the JAR on Friday night is still on, as is the women's basketball game at the Dana Center. I will be at the JAR, of course. If anyone is interested, perhaps we should organize a recap at John Brewers Pub after the game?
                              That sounds like it has some potential. I would be a questionable or doubtful because of postgame shenanigans (interviews, game stories, and general clean up work), but I think this is a great idea. It would also do wonders to bolster the community feeling that we have. I encourage everyone join in!

As for the game itself, the game is on. I've been in contact with the bentley athletics department. I'll have a report later.

Comment

Coming down next weekend for the RIT games via a stop in Cambridge, how are the burgers at John Brewer's? I've got other options including Tasty Burger and Flat Patties in Harvard Square.
                                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Working...
                                X