Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    From Jar Pride...

"With an off week for the holidays, it’s interesting to see how Bentley can dial up something new for the Holy Cross Crusaders"

Please don't have anyone dialing up anything new. Keep it just the way it is lest the coaches shuffle a line up to the same outcome seen in the AIC or Sacred Heart debacles. The last 7 games is all they need to see what has worked. Foolish to delude there is better, don't want history to repeat itself. It is Fenway but bottom line it is a League game a BIG League game, not a "let's try this game "....save that for when they are losing games not winning them.

Comment

Dan and Chris give their take on the first half of the season:

http://www.uscho.com/2013/12/19/as-a...s-a-look-back/

Here's my take. I don't think Bentley needs to do anything weird or interesting or different, but I think they'll dial up something creative. The team has been playing some really creative hockey. I don't think they switch the lines, and obviously I don't think anyone here would say anything different, but they'll be playing a team that knows them really well. I'm excited to see if the lines throw one or two extra wrinkles.
      Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
        Dan and Chris give their take on the first half of the season:

http://www.uscho.com/2013/12/19/as-a...s-a-look-back/

Here's my take. I don't think Bentley needs to do anything weird or interesting or different, but I think they'll dial up something creative. The team has been playing some really creative hockey. I don't think they switch the lines, and obviously I don't think anyone here would say anything different, but they'll be playing a team that knows them really well. I'm excited to see if the lines throw one or two extra wrinkles.
        You state "I don't think they would switch lines" and I agree but after 3 straight Big wins with not one line up change came the 2nd Air Force game with some line up "creativity." It did revert right back to the Uconn line up for the last three wins. So never say never ..... winning breeds confidence for creative(if that's what you want to call it) coaching, and hopefully not dilusion about what works and why ...heck wouldn't you be at least superstitious! Happy Holidays and Go Falcons for a great 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
          ...heck wouldn't you be at least superstitious! Happy Holidays and Go Falcons for a great 2nd half.
          I haven't changed my shirt in over a month.

http://www.uscho.com/atlantic-hockey...cks-dec-20-30/

One thing I want to point out on this is that Chris and I have exactly the same record, which is kind of cool. Also, we're picking at a ridiculous rate. We've hit on 68% of our picks to this point.

Chris and I are both picking Bentley - as he puts it, "I'd take them right now if the game were played in a parking lot."
          Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Hey, you and Chris are in a tight pick 'em battle; but, I am guessing that you will still be even at year's end when your RMU pick is cancelled out by his Mercyhurst pick. :-) I am still laughin' after being the only one in the AHA Pick 'Em thread to choose Bentley over BU. But, I am not sure who would win a parking lot game. Go Falcons!

Comment

[QUOTE=eXcSports;5840108]I haven't changed my shirt in over a month.

Lucky the next game is outside....

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Hey, you and Chris are in a tight pick 'em battle; but, I am guessing that you will still be even at year's end when your RMU pick is cancelled out by his Mercyhurst pick. :-) I am still laughin' after being the only one in the AHA Pick 'Em thread to choose Bentley over BU. But, I am not sure who would win a parking lot game. Go Falcons!
                Between me, Chris, and the two Hockey East guys, I rode Bentley and was the only one. We are kindred spirits.

Comment

[QUOTE=beenthere77;5840478]
                  Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                  I haven't changed my shirt in over a month.

Lucky the next game is outside....

JAR Pride: Riper than a Halloween Pumpkin in December.

Comment

What I want for x mass! A falcons AHA championship!

Comment

Storylines heading into the 2nd half:

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/23/second-half-storylines/

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                        Storylines heading into the 2nd half:

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/23/second-half-storylines/
                        Best written piece to date.
                        Bentley University Hockey
                        On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

So, technically, the Holy Cross game at Frozen Fenway is the last game of the first half, if one counts half of 34 games = 17. :-)
                          Last edited by Snively65; 12-24-2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Holy Cross is getting ready...

http://goholycross.com/sports/m-hock...201312238yhioh

Comment

The latest history piece:

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/24/chasi...oss-at-fenway/

I'll have some post-Christmas Fenway notes and will be attending the practice for the team on Friday.

Comment

Any late word on ticket sales?
                                Bentley University Hockey
                                On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Working...
                                X