Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wwjg1158
    replied
    Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

What I want for x mass! A falcons AHA championship!

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

[QUOTE=beenthere77;5840478]
    Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    I haven't changed my shirt in over a month.

Lucky the next game is outside....

JAR Pride: Riper than a Halloween Pumpkin in December.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Hey, you and Chris are in a tight pick 'em battle; but, I am guessing that you will still be even at year's end when your RMU pick is cancelled out by his Mercyhurst pick. :-) I am still laughin' after being the only one in the AHA Pick 'Em thread to choose Bentley over BU. But, I am not sure who would win a parking lot game. Go Falcons!
    Between me, Chris, and the two Hockey East guys, I rode Bentley and was the only one. We are kindred spirits.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

[QUOTE=eXcSports;5840108]I haven't changed my shirt in over a month.

Lucky the next game is outside....

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Hey, you and Chris are in a tight pick 'em battle; but, I am guessing that you will still be even at year's end when your RMU pick is cancelled out by his Mercyhurst pick. :-) I am still laughin' after being the only one in the AHA Pick 'Em thread to choose Bentley over BU. But, I am not sure who would win a parking lot game. Go Falcons!

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
    ...heck wouldn't you be at least superstitious! Happy Holidays and Go Falcons for a great 2nd half.
    I haven't changed my shirt in over a month.

http://www.uscho.com/atlantic-hockey...cks-dec-20-30/

One thing I want to point out on this is that Chris and I have exactly the same record, which is kind of cool. Also, we're picking at a ridiculous rate. We've hit on 68% of our picks to this point.

Chris and I are both picking Bentley - as he puts it, "I'd take them right now if the game were played in a parking lot."

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
    Dan and Chris give their take on the first half of the season:

http://www.uscho.com/2013/12/19/as-a...s-a-look-back/

Here's my take. I don't think Bentley needs to do anything weird or interesting or different, but I think they'll dial up something creative. The team has been playing some really creative hockey. I don't think they switch the lines, and obviously I don't think anyone here would say anything different, but they'll be playing a team that knows them really well. I'm excited to see if the lines throw one or two extra wrinkles.
    You state "I don't think they would switch lines" and I agree but after 3 straight Big wins with not one line up change came the 2nd Air Force game with some line up "creativity." It did revert right back to the Uconn line up for the last three wins. So never say never ..... winning breeds confidence for creative(if that's what you want to call it) coaching, and hopefully not dilusion about what works and why ...heck wouldn't you be at least superstitious! Happy Holidays and Go Falcons for a great 2nd half.

Leave a comment:

• Humanoid
    replied

Dan and Chris give their take on the first half of the season:

http://www.uscho.com/2013/12/19/as-a...s-a-look-back/

Here's my take. I don't think Bentley needs to do anything weird or interesting or different, but I think they'll dial up something creative. The team has been playing some really creative hockey. I don't think they switch the lines, and obviously I don't think anyone here would say anything different, but they'll be playing a team that knows them really well. I'm excited to see if the lines throw one or two extra wrinkles.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    From Jar Pride...

"With an off week for the holidays, it’s interesting to see how Bentley can dial up something new for the Holy Cross Crusaders"

Please don't have anyone dialing up anything new. Keep it just the way it is lest the coaches shuffle a line up to the same outcome seen in the AIC or Sacred Heart debacles. The last 7 games is all they need to see what has worked. Foolish to delude there is better, don't want history to repeat itself. It is Fenway but bottom line it is a League game a BIG League game, not a "let's try this game "....save that for when they are losing games not winning them.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

A look back at BU:

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/18/storylines-bu/

Leave a comment:

• Humanoid
    replied

Welcome back, Humanoid. After all, YOU initiated this thread. And, excellent post, especially after your long hiatus. :-)
    I figured now would be the good time. After reading a lot of the bickering back and forth, I couldn't take it anymore. That and work ended up giving me crazy hours. But I'm back, and that's the important thing. At least for now.

I'm a catalyst. I start things then disappear. Just call me the flint of this thread.

Do we know if there's going to be a Bentley event or alumni event around the Fenway game of some sort?

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

First off - congratulations to Bentley on a great victory. It's been a while since I posted here, clearly me not posting gave the team a great run.

I'm a Soderquist apologist, but there's no doubting his abilities or the players anymore. He recruited a very talented group of players who are ultra hungry this year. Coaching behind the bench for this team isn't mattering as much; they're a team that could step out together without him and win (right now, at least), which is phenomenal and a credit to how far both parties have come. That's when you know everything's clicking. Just hope they keep it up. Can't let up.
    Things are clicking, lines, pairings, everything. The players can "keep it up" if during the long break they don't forget the TEAM focus they have shown and have to hope the coaches don't have too much time to think that they need to being doing anything different. Winning is the only goal and the players have taken care of that. It's clicking,there is balance, no need to change A thing at this point. Come back exactly the way they left off.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    First off - congratulations to Bentley on a great victory. It's been a while since I posted here, clearly me not posting gave the team a great run.

Snively - from what I've heard, you've hit the nail on the head with respect to this entire thing. So I won't repeat what you said.

I know the rink is always a hot button topic with these parts, but I think we're forgetting something. They got scholarship limits increased, and they are getting new uniforms to match the school. They're playing BU, winning, and going to Fenway. They dominated that game, too, and outclassed BU in every facet of the game. Two weekends in a row, they've had a team walking off the ice defeated with heads hanging before the third period. That's three games in a row dating back to RMU. Maybe BU is that bad, but maybe Bentley can be that good.

I'm a Soderquist apologist, but there's no doubting his abilities or the players anymore. He recruited a very talented group of players who are ultra hungry this year. Coaching behind the bench for this team isn't mattering as much; they're a team that could step out together without him and win (right now, at least), which is phenomenal and a credit to how far both parties have come. That's when you know everything's clicking. Just hope they keep it up. Can't let up.
    Welcome back, Humanoid. After all, YOU initiated this thread. And, excellent post, especially after your long hiatus. :-)

Leave a comment:

• wwjg1158
    replied

Snively-here is the problem we may have to live with the JAR but I find it hard to believe that somewhere in the great town of Boston we cannot find another more suitable rink. I live in another city and let me tell you we have rinks all over town that could be utilized. The rinks are in much better shape and frankly that small rink doesn't do them justice. This team was meant to play on a big surface and they struggle on the smaller surface. Anyway we may have to live with it but somehow I think the administration has to think it through. I mean they all have their PHD's dont' they so put on your thinking caps!!! Where can they play other than the JAR? The campus rink is off so ladies and gentleman where in greater Boston can this team go?

Leave a comment:

• Humanoid
    replied

I was told that during the last couple of years Morone was president and during the two years that Terry Carlton was acting president, the donor(s) was/were there. Then came new president with no interest in a rink on campus, followed by a recession that dinged the endowment by 35-40% (still need to cover maintenance from general funds), end of story. I have heard some rumors that the school might consider building an Events Center, for graduation and convocation ceremonies and the like, which could be used as a rink for a few months in the winter, but I will believe it when I see it, as I have heard also that there are many other building projects higher on the list. I think that we all need to face the fact that the JAR will be our hockey team's home for the foreseeable future. Learn to love the JAR, and this year's team!

Snively - from what I've heard, you've hit the nail on the head with respect to this entire thing. So I won't repeat what you said.

I know the rink is always a hot button topic with these parts, but I think we're forgetting something. They got scholarship limits increased, and they are getting new uniforms to match the school. They're playing BU, winning, and going to Fenway. They dominated that game, too, and outclassed BU in every facet of the game. Two weekends in a row, they've had a team walking off the ice defeated with heads hanging before the third period. That's three games in a row dating back to RMU. Maybe BU is that bad, but maybe Bentley can be that good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X