Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Storylines for the past weekend:

http://jarpride.com/2013/11/21/story...nn-holy-cross/
    Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
      Sounds like you are suggesting that playing or not playing defense only concerns the D-men and goalie, Dan. But, I think that the Bentley forwards were equally at fault for not playing better defense against AIC. And, I am assuming that the forwards played much better defense against UConn and Holy Cross, as I was not able to see either of those two games.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Sounds like you are suggesting that playing or not playing defense only concerns the D-men and goalie, Dan. But, I think that the Bentley forwards were equally at fault for not playing better defense against AIC. And, I am assuming that the forwards played much better defense against UConn and Holy Cross, as I was not able to see either of those two games.
        Snively - I address that in my checkpoint (shameless self plug).

http://jarpride.com/2013/11/25/falco...-and-analysis/

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
          Snively - I address that in my checkpoint (shameless self plug).

http://jarpride.com/2013/11/25/falco...-and-analysis/
          So, what are you thinking will happen at Air Force this coming weekend, especially compared to our success last time out there?

And, did I miss your last week's prediction tallies in Lerch's AHA column today?

And, what happened to Humanoid?

Comment

How is the promotion of the program been going, any news on the front?

Comment

• Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
              Not sure what you mean.

But, as of yesterday, we are 1-2 against ranked teams this season (Quinnipiac 5th, Omaha 16th). Perhaps BU will climb back up by the time we play them next month to give us a chance to even that up.

Also, as of today we are ranked 6th in RPI for AHA teams; big opportunity to move up in that ranking this weekend.

Comment

So, what are you thinking will happen at Air Force this coming weekend, especially compared to our success last time out there?

And, did I miss your last week's prediction tallies in Lerch's AHA column today?

And, what happened to Humanoid?
                My goal is to get to the Air Force matchup before I take off (no pun intended) for Thanksgiving.

As for the prediction tallies, we typically do the tally on Friday with the selection column, so I know that it'll be htere. I waxed him last week which means I'm going to get waxed this week.

Here's some awards to chew on for the first part of the season: http://jarpride.com/2013/11/26/falco...-third-awards/

And last, I've actually talked to Humanoid. He's been a little active over on the Brown board but otherwise hasn't been checking into this stuff a lot. I'll let him know some people are asking for him to weigh in. Personally, I know that he grew tired of the constant belittling and bickering on the boards to the point where the discussion went from productive about the Falcons to counterproductive with moaning about the coaches, the lack of administrative support, or whatever. Those comments had run its course, so he stopped posting. Or as he told me, not everyone has a job that allows them to argue with the internets haha.

If I don't get the chance, wishing everyone here a good Thanksgiving. Hopefully y'all get to eat till you burst, and wake up from your nap in time to watch the games on Friday and Saturday (yes, that would include a 30 hour nap).

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
                  Agree, not sure what you mean by "promotion?"

Comment

Here is where AHA teams stand in OOC games so far this season (wins-losses-ties, points):
                    Air Force, 3-3-1, 7
                    Mercyhurst, 2-6-1, 5
                    RIT, 1-4-2, 4
                    UConn, 1-3-1, 3
                    Bentley, 1-5-0, 2
                    Sacred Heart, 1-5-0, 2
                    Canisius, 1-4-0, 2
                    Niagara, 0-6-1, 1
                    AIC, 0-3-0, 0
                    Holy Cross, 0-5-0, 0
                    Robert Morris, 0-5-0, 0
                    Army, 0-3-0, 0

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                      Agree, not sure what you mean by "promotion?"
                      With trying to get backing from the administration for rink etc. Getting the president behind them....

Comment

With trying to get backing from the administration for rink etc. Getting the president behind them....
                        I know Dan seems to think that a rink on campus is imminent, but I have not heard anything promising in that direction since Gloria Larson became president, and she recently signed on for five more years. But, good to see her at the JAR's season opener.
                        Last edited by Snively65; 11-26-2013, 11:54 PM.

Comment

I know Dan seems to think that a rink on campus is imminent, but I have not heard anything promising in that direction since Gloria Larson became president, and she recently signed on for five more years. But, good to see her at the JAR's season's opener.
                          That shows she is aware of the program and rink condition.
                          Last edited by beenthere77; 11-26-2013, 10:28 PM.

Comment

That shows she is aware of the program and rink condition.
                            I seriously doubt that she has anything with which to compare. Likewise, there are very few faculty who support expenditures on sports at Bentley, although only the trustees and senior admin matter on these decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              I seriously doubt that she has anything with which to compare. Likewise, there are very few faculty who support expenditures on sports at Bentley, although only the trustees and senior admin matter on these decisions.
                              ...and the donors.
                              Bentley University Hockey
                              On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                                ...and the donors.
                                Of course. We have heard that donors have been willing to build a rink on campus for the past decade. But, apparently that commitment does not include perpetual maintenance, hence no deal. Need something along the line of the hockey gift received by the U of a Maine back in the 1980s, or Penn State more recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X