Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eXcSports
    replied
    Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
    Two days away from entering second half with amazing streak going..
    Players stayed on track and focused in spite of the two terrific venues and brough home the wins. Good to see that maturity. Every player in this run has been key to the team's success, whether making it onto the score board or not. Winning is wonderful, makes the coach's job easy. They just keep doing what they are doing with who they doing it with and ride the wave. Hopefully all players stay healthy so no major adjustments/changes are needed. This is where an experienced seasoned coach knows you dont mess with things and even if the team hits a bump (even a great time has some bad bounces and no puck luck in a game) you do not panic and start pulling things apart. Unneccesary and it may topple what has been built week by week. Save creative thinking for the art room and Dan keep wearing that shirt.
    Lemme tell you that shirt I have on has been doused with Axe so much that if you lit a match near me, it would take out everything from Boston to Albany.

Congrats to Brett Gensler on being named AHA Co-player of the week.

http://jarpride.com/2014/01/01/gensl...layer-of-week/

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Two days away from entering second half with amazing streak going..
    Players stayed on track and focused in spite of the two terrific venues and brought home the wins. Good to see that maturity. Every player in this run has been key to the team's success, whether making it onto the score board or not. Winning is wonderful, makes the coach's job easy. They just keep doing what they are doing with who they doing it with and ride the wave. Hopefully all players stay healthy so no major adjustments/changes are needed. This is where an experienced seasoned coach knows you dont mess with things and even if the team hits a bump (even a great team has some bad bounces and no puck luck in a game) you do not panic and start pulling things apart. Unneccesary and it may topple what has been built week by week. Save creative thinking for the art room and Dan keep wearing that shirt.
    Last edited by beenthere77; 01-02-2014, 09:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Also, check out Reilly Hamilton's automated PWR simulator in the John T Whelan simulator thread; Bentley 39th, just behind Air Force and a few slots ahead of Mercyhurst.
    Oops, AFA just jumped to 32nd with sweep of NU and PC the past two nights. So, given our performance in the Springs last month, looks like these two teams will be the AHA favorites moving into the second half.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
    Is this the most votes Bentley has received recently?
    It is, indeed, a record. Also, the Sports Info department posted video from the press conference. It's up on youtube.

Leave a comment:

• wwjg1158
    replied
    Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
    Bentley gets 8 points in this week's poll. 26th out of 28 teams receiving votes.
    Is this the most votes Bentley has received recently?

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
    Bentley gets 8 points in this week's poll. 26th out of 28 teams receiving votes.
    Really cool. I always chuckle when I remember Wolverine fans asking me in Ann Arbor two years ago if Bentley was located somewhere in New York.

Also, check out Reilly Hamilton's automated PWR simulator in the John T Whelan simulator thread; Bentley 39th, just behind Air Force and a few slots ahead of Mercyhurst.

Finally, when I drove by the tennis courts on a Beaver Street early this morning, they were covered by a sheet of ice. Now, if that is not a favorable omen for a rink on campus, I do not know what is. :-)
    Last edited by Snively65; 12-30-2013, 06:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wwjg1158
    replied

All the articles regarding winning because of the loss St Louis had this past fall are funny! Really I believe young Gensler was simply pumped for being on such a big stage. What a great venue! I don't think Brett really saw it other than a great place to play his favorite sport! One never knows what happens after you graduate he may end up living in the area. That being said I believe this team wants to do something special this year. You have all the seniors and the rest of the team pulling together as a team to win! It is great to see and if you ever talk to any of the boys you would find out they are all nice gentleman! Really they are and you have to love Komm...he is absolutely doing it this year!

Leave a comment:

• Humanoid
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    Nice article, Dan.

And, now I see why Brett Gensler stuck it to Holy Cross with his pure hat trick. I had forgotten that he was from St. Louis, so after all of that Red Sox love on the Holy Cross blog, it was obviously too much for him to stomach. In my earlier post I stated that I did not care whether Brett was a Red Sox fan or not; well, of course not, duh.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

A look back at some of the social media reaction for the game.

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/30/bentl...oss-reactions/

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
    Bentley did play UConn at the Garden a few years back. I don't recall if they were the home team, and truly doubt there were 4,000 people there.

Here you go!

http://jarpride.com/2013/12/30/story...frozen-fenway/

Leave a comment:

• schiegs
    replied
    Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Good recall, schiegs! Bentley lost to UConn 4-1 at the Gahden on Saturday, 12 February 2005, which was a NHL lockout season. Attendance was recorded as 4055, but wonder if part of that was spillover from the earlier game, as Bentley played in the 8 pm game. Holy Cross beat Quinnipiac 5-2 in the 4 pm game. My guess is that Bentley and Holy Cross were the home teams of this double header. Sadly, I was not able to attend, as like noted by our scribe for Frozen Fenway, the opportunity came up rather suddenly, which is my recollection.

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2005/02/...-over-bentley/
    Given the two home squads for the Garden game, I'm proclaiming Fenway the attendance record.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Bentley did play UConn at the Garden a few years back. I don't recall if they were the home team, and truly doubt there were 4,000 people there.
    Good recall, schiegs! Bentley lost to UConn 4-1 at the Gahden on Saturday, 12 February 2005, which was a NHL lockout season. Attendance was recorded as 4055, but wonder if part of that was spillover from the earlier game, as Bentley played in the 8 pm game. Holy Cross beat Quinnipiac 5-2 in the 4 pm game. My guess is that Bentley and Holy Cross were the home teams of this double header. Sadly, I was not able to attend, as like noted by our scribe for Frozen Fenway, the opportunity came up rather suddenly, which is my recollection.

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2005/02/...-over-bentley/
    Last edited by Snively65; 12-30-2013, 09:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• schiegs
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

In my relentless pursuit of soaking up every bit of this game....

At 3,898, I believe this is a record home attendance for Bentley.
    I think we can safely assume this as such. The biggest crowd for a game at the JAR was the Clarkson game two years ago that was over 900 I thought. The JAR only seats 1,200 officially!

The athletic department and school administration is feeling the pressure, and I think it's starting to grow weary. My recommendation towards the rink question is always that we didn't know Fenway was coming. They announced it and it was a total surprise. The number of people who knew about it numbered in the less than dozens. The reason for this was two-fold: 1) by keeping a lid on who knew, they didn't report anything false. 2) Fenway is notorious for negotiating contractual agreements not to leak information. And that's okay, honestly. It's a control to make sure nothing false gets reported ahead of time before all bases are covered (pardon the pun). They did that with a couple of other events at the stadium, including the first Frozen Fenway college event, from my understanding. It's a totally legal, moral, and ethical practice that I fully endorse, if that's what they did (I don't have proof of anything, obviously).

My guess is that the people who know about the rink and the plans if there are plans number in the less than dozen. But we know there's support and we know that the program has completely outgrown its current location. Survive and thrive is the goal. But they aren't going to announce ANYTHING until they've dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's.

Fenway, logistically, was a huge success at all levels. I can't say enough from start to finish how th eleague and Bentley handled this were SUPERB. It was a roaring success.

And schiegs - I'll have some storyilnes for you either tomorrow or Tuesday morning. Too bad we have to get back to the JAR on Friday for NIagara.

FYI - Bentley is one game away from tying its record winning streak and is two away from breaking the record. If they get a 4-point weekend, they'll have broken the record for wins, not undefeated streak.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X