Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

So far a nice game and Dan you had a nice broadcast. Just a bad play by bacon! He should sit more than this game and next because he put his team in a bad position. we played a great game and bacon put us in a position to lose. His selfish play screwed his team. D play well and the forwards played well. Still to many penalties but the Bacon play was not called for.

Comment

I am really disappointed in he final result we won this game and because of bacon we put ourselves in a no win situation. they need to sit him for more than the time off for the penalty. It was selfish and uncalled for. Terrible and the coach must send this message poor penalties must stop. Terrible and Bacon owes his teammates an apology.

Comment

• Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
        I am really disappointed in he final result we won this game and because of bacon we put ourselves in a no win situation. they need to sit him for more than the time off for the penalty. It was selfish and uncalled for. Terrible and the coach must send this message poor penalties must stop. Terrible and Bacon owes his teammates an apology.
        What was the "10-minute major gross misconduct" for too many men on the ice? Never heard that one before.

Comment

No the penalty was a hit to the head. It wasn't necessary it was a dq and a game misconduct. So He was out the rest of this game and tomorrow. there was no need to do what he did at that time even if it was a mistake. HE ran the kid shoulder and elbow into the head. We gave up a goal 4 seconds into the penalty. We dominated the game other than the score. This team looks completely different than last year. Better play on all ends of the ice. We have to do better with the penalties. Now we need to score but we are getting the chances so they will come. Penalties kill momentum and a 5 minute penalty at a crucial time is poor to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
            No the penalty was a hit to the head. It wasn't necessary it was a dq and a game misconduct. So He was out the rest of this game and tomorrow. there was no need to do what he did at that time even if it was a mistake. HE ran the kid shoulder and elbow into the head. We gave up a goal 4 seconds into the penalty. We dominated the game other than the score. This team looks completely different than last year. Better play on all ends of the ice. We have to do better with the penalties. Now we need to score but we are getting the chances so they will come. Penalties kill momentum and a 5 minute penalty at a crucial time is poor to say the least.
            Thanks for the words and glad you enjoyed the broadcast. it was a great game to watch, and everyone was really into it. As for the Bacon penalty, I'm told a 5 minute major is automatically given to the league for review. I don't know a ton of the details other than that the Game Misconduct results int he ejection for that game, and the game DQ results in the suspension. The league can also take further disciplinary action. One thing is that Hockey East referees will file the paperwork with the AHA, and the AHA will review. Given what Bobby Degregorio has done lately, I wouldn't be surprised if Bacon received an additional game and would sit out the AIC game. next week.

I honestly missed the play and thought it was shoulder to shoulder. Clearly I was wrong, and I was abundantly clear that I was wrong when John Gustaffson failed to get up. He tried and went right over. Given the height disadvantage between JG and Bacon, I'd be safe to assume that Bacon had to have launched at him. Again, I missed the play and only caught it out the corner of my eye, which is why it looked s-2-s from my vantage point.

Puts a damper on an otherwise great game. I have a feeling that the penalties in the 3rd will also result in changes tomorrow. When Blomquist comes back, I think Maher sits tomorrow because he took a bad penalty in the 3rd. Also think Kubiak coming back results in not many changes up front. Kubiak will bump Fitz down to the 4th line even though he has been playing great. Deresky has been a revelation. Also looked fantastic tonight.

The offense is coming around. I'm really bummed about tonight. They deserved better.
            Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Thanks for the clarification; The College Hockey site listed a 5-min major for contact to the head and a 10-minute gross misconduct for too many men, but the latter part of that must have been a mistake. Bentley played with much better discipline and took very few penalties in the early going last season; need to resume that style of play this season.

Comment

Congrats to the Falcons for righting their ship tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Congrats to the Falcons for righting their ship tonight.
                  Was at the game tonight you guys played well especially on the powerplay. I even met a few Bentley fans who drove up from New Jersey. Good senior leadership on your team and a solid goalie in Komm. Good luck with your season.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                    Was at the game tonight you guys played well especially on the powerplay. I even met a few Bentley fans who drove up from New Jersey. Good senior leadership on your team and a solid goalie in Komm. Good luck with your season.
                    Very well played game by Bentley, and they finally had the goals to back it up. Gladiuk has 2 goals, and Alex Grieve is fast becoming the team's leader. Before the season, I said the duo was the best overall players on the roster, that Grieve last year developed into a player who could very quietly be the heart and soul of this team He's been a revelation.

Glad to see Gensler get back on the board too and slam the door shut. Need to expect more of this moving forward as the team can really lay it all on the line in a one-off game against AIC this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                      Very well played game by Bentley, and they finally had the goals to back it up. Gladiuk has 2 goals, and Alex Grieve is fast becoming the team's leader. Before the season, I said the duo was the best overall players on the roster, that Grieve last year developed into a player who could very quietly be the heart and soul of this team He's been a revelation.

Glad to see Gensler get back on the board too and slam the door shut. Need to expect more of this moving forward as the team can really lay it all on the line in a one-off game against AIC this weekend.
                      Always great to win
                      Curious, seems at the Merimack loss, there were lots of opinions on reckless, selfish penalties taken. WWJG beating up Bacon for the major, and you had no problem calling out Maher on his, going so far to say he would/should be out of line up next game for it. So I wonder why does no one seem to care about the reckless, selfish after the whistle penatly taken by Berry when man down in a close league game??? Putting the team in a 5 on 3 position should matter and be accounted for shouldn't it? By your past perspectives , it should be. Hope you don't think of it differently since the team wasn't scored on, a huge opportunity was given to Army by that play. So I am curious does the win make everything OK, no accountability?

Comment

• Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
                        Always great to win
                        Curious, seems at the Merimack loss, there were lots of opinions on reckless, selfish penalties taken. WWJG beating up Bacon for the major, and you had no problem calling out Maher on his, going so far to say he would/should be out of line up next game for it. So I wonder why does no one seem to care about the reckless, selfish after the whistle penatly taken by Berry when man down in a close league game??? Putting the team in a

5 on 3 position should matter and be accounted for shouldn't it? By your

past perspectives , it should be. Hope you don't think of it differently since the team wasn't scored on, a huge opportunity was given to Army by that play. So I am curious does the win make everything OK, no accountability?

Here is the difference we were handling Army I never thought we were in jeopardy of losing the game. Merimack was tight and we had a chance to beat a hockey east team! I am upset that Bacon put his team in a bad situation with a team they could of and should of beat! The games are full of dumb penalties but when you have and opportunity to improve the view of Bentley hockey try not to take a dumb penalty! Some times you have to be thinking about the team and not whatever it is that makes you do stupid things. The Army penalty could have resulted in the same result but I wasn't concerned they somehow was going to get two goals to go up on Bentley! Also, the player on Merimack was hurt for no apparent reason! No need to hit the head!

Comment

Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
                          Here is the difference we were handling Army I never thought we were in jeopardy of losing the game. Merimack was tight and we had a chance to beat a hockey east team! I am upset that Bacon put his team in a bad situation with a team they could of and should of beat! The games are full of dumb penalties but when you have and opportunity to improve the view of Bentley hockey try not to take a dumb penalty! Some times you have to be thinking about the team and not whatever it is that makes you do stupid things. The Army penalty could have resulted in the same result but I wasn't concerned they somehow was going to get two goals to go up on Bentley! Also, the player on Merimack was hurt for no apparent reason! No need to hit the head!
                          "sometimes you have to be thinking about the team" really shouldn't that read ..always ...about the TEAM.

The point of my post is that all players at all times should be held accountable, the outcome of the mistake or whether they are playing a hockey east game shouldn't matter. Its about discipline to not take those types of penalties, so they don't occur when a game is on the line. I don't care if the team was handling Army. Putting your team on 5 on 3 could very well allow them to make it one goal game, which is anyone's game. Winning teams hold ALL players accountable no matter, that is part of being a good coach.

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
                            "sometimes you have to be thinking about the team" really shouldn't that read ..always ...about the TEAM.

The point of my post is that all players at all times should be held accountable, the outcome of the mistake or whether they are playing a hockey east game shouldn't matter. Its about discipline to not take those types of penalties, so they don't occur when a game is on the line. I don't care if the team was handling Army. Putting your team on 5 on 3 could very well allow them to make it one goal game, which is anyone's game. Winning teams hold ALL players accountable no matter, that is part of being a good coach.
                            I totally missed the game so I didn't know about Berry's penalty. Berry had a lot of PIMs in juniors, so that's something he will absolutely have to curb. The biggest difference between Bacon's and Berry's is that Bacon's cost the team a center for the remainder of that game and a guy who's played a ton over his time here. Bacon's penalty resulted in the shortening of the bench in a close game and cost them the player for the Army game. On the flip side, Bentley has the depth to overcome a penalty like that when healthy.

You don't want dumb penalties in general, but as I mentioned, I didn't see Berry's call. You definitely don't want to put your team in any kind of 5-on-3, but the argument that Bacon's was worse was due to his major (which directly cost the Falcons the game with the GWG being scored on it), the game misconduct (which caused a mash up of lines the rest of the way) and the game DQ (which cost them their regular fourth line center for a key league game) will always exist because of its magnitude.

But I agree that the team should always come first and bad penalties are almost always selfish on the disclaimer, again, that I don't know what happened with Berry and can't describe the play. So I have no idea if it was a "selfish" play or not.

THe only stat that matters, at least, is winning, which I'm glad to see them get back to doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post

All penalties are selfish as you are not thinking about the team! As in anything in life there are varying degrees of bad moves. I think the other poster said it best as Bacon put Bentley in a bad position for the game and the following game. Berry penalty wasn't good but not as costly. All players should be held accountable and I would expect team leaders to be apart of the accountability! Not everything should be handled by the coaches! Sometimes it is up to the players to set the team straight on stupid selfish penalties. I think we all said plenty. We will see how they all react next game!

Comment

Only two games total the next two weekends before trip to Air Force for Thanksgiving break. Need at least three points in these two games, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X