Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eXcSports
    replied
    Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
    Losing is bad but to read this somehow makes it even worse....

From uscho

Niagara had not won on the road (0-10-3) so far this season coming into that game on Saturday with Bentley, and was winless in its last seven games overall, so the Purple Eagles were glad to see those steaks broken. Niagara also scored multiple power-play goals for the first time this season.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/atlantic-hockey...#ixzz2pad1Q35b
    Niagara is much better than their record would indicate.

My thoughts on the weekend: http://jarpride.com/2014/01/06/storylines-niagara/

I thought Bentley played uninspired hockey, but I don't think it's the end of the world. Every AHA team that's been great has had a lull in the schedule where they get caught napping. The trick is to bury the door shut and not let it become something greater. I'll probably go into more detail in the week upcoming's This Week feature, but this gears it back towards Bentley instead on a league-wide level.

I'm in the process of moving, so no, I didn't change my shirt. But now I can. WHich is a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Losing is bad but to read this somehow makes it even worse....

From uscho

Niagara had not won on the road (0-10-3) so far this season coming into that game on Saturday with Bentley, and was winless in its last seven games overall, so the Purple Eagles were glad to see those steaks broken. Niagara also scored multiple power-play goals for the first time this season.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/atlantic-hockey...#ixzz2pad1Q35b

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

You mean the disciplined play resulting in 2 or less goals in the last 9 games.... great wasn't good enough....

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    What happened to the disciplined play from Friday night? I could not attend, but box score looks reminiscent of AIC game.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Dan did you change your shirt????or did something else change?

wow 2 pp goals by Niagara increases that measly 6.8% pp they had!
    What happened to the disciplined play from Friday night? I could not attend, but box score looks reminiscent of AIC game.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Dan did you change your shirt????or did something else change?

wow 2 pp goals by Niagara increases that measly 6.8% pp they had!
    Last edited by beenthere77; 01-04-2014, 11:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Little loss of team focus by the players, maybe with all the record buzzz, some passes not made, bad passes etc. Then shear exhaustion, missed open nets. Team would have been better served if the coaches had rolled more. Head coach has been waiting for a season/team like this his whole career. He found the right line up now just keep them focused on the team goals and trust all of them. Stick to the plan its working.
    Good point on the shortened bench, especially in the third period. But, other than the blocked shot leading to the breakaway first Niagara goal, I think that Bentley did a good job on their line changes and transition. Yeah, a bunch of missed open nets on both sides, but I thought that a lot of that was the quick response from the D-men on both sides. I have never thought that passing was very good in the AHA, but Bentley is doing a better job at that when Weinstein and Gensler are on the ice.

I also forgot to mention that this was an incredibly clean game, with the only two penalty calls pretty marginal, in my opinion, the tripping on Grieve and the too many men on Niagara.
    Last edited by Snively65; 01-04-2014, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

So, two of the 50 or so fans disagree on the game. I will add that this game was in the top 10% of the over 200 that I have seen Bentley play at the JAR. I agree that Niagara and their goalie Ignagni played great: I stood behind him at ice level during the first period when he made several fine saves. I also think that Komm made lots of great saves, and I do not think that he had much of a chance to stop either Niagara goal. Both teams had several blocked shots by their D-men, which kept the save totals down at 34 each.

Compared to the AIC game at the JAR, this one was the exact opposite, I thought.

Finally, Gensler only has Bentley's Div 1 scoring record, and has a ways to go to catch Soderquist and a couple others from the pre-Div 1 days.

I think that every other AHA team will be more energized than ever the rest of the season when playing Bentley, beginning with the rematch tonight. Go Falcons!
    Little loss of team focus by the players, maybe with all the record buzzz, some passes not made, bad passes etc. Then shear exhaustion, missed open nets. Team would have been better served if the coaches had rolled more. Head coach has been waiting for a season/team like this his whole career. He found the right line up now just keep them focused on the team goals and trust all of them. Stick to the plan its working.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

So, two of the 50 or so fans disagree on the game. I will add that this game was in the top 10% of the over 200 that I have seen Bentley play at the JAR. I agree that Niagara and their goalie Ignagni played great: I stood behind him at ice level during the first period when he made several fine saves. I also think that Komm made lots of great saves, and I do not think that he had much of a chance to stop either Niagara goal. Both teams had several blocked shots by their D-men, which kept the save totals down at 34 each.

Compared to the AIC game at the JAR, this one was the exact opposite, I thought.

Finally, Gensler only has Bentley's Div 1 scoring record, and has a ways to go to catch Soderquist and a couple others from the pre-Div 1 days.

I think that every other AHA team will be more energized than ever the rest of the season when playing Bentley, beginning with the rematch tonight. Go Falcons!

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied

Great game tonight, all the way around. These teams deserved more than the 50 or so in attendance.
    http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/atla...e-branden-komm

I'll respectfully disagree with you that is was a great game. Bentley showed some flashes of intensity especially in the OT, but overall I've seen the Falcons play much better. Regardless I enjoyed covering a game at the JAR and hope to do it again if my Hockey East schedule allows it. Also thanks to Dan for having me on the air during the first intermission.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Great game tonight, all the way around. These teams deserved more than the 50 or so in attendance.

Leave a comment:

replied

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    Stop on up to the press box for an intermission interview my friend! We'll get you on!
    Sounds good. I'll stop up and say hello pregame and see what intermission works best for you.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    Looking forward to my first trek to Ryan Rink to cover Bentley tonight.
    Stop on up to the press box for an intermission interview my friend! We'll get you on!

Congrats to Branden Komm for winning the AHA Goalie of the Month for the 2nd straight month.

http://jarpride.com/2014/01/03/komm-...alie-of-month/

Also, game preps are up for Niagara.

http://jarpride.com/2014/01/03/game-...nd-19-niagara/

Leave a comment:

replied

Looking forward to my first trek to Ryan Rink to cover Bentley tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Lerch
    replied

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
    Remember what happened when AIC got the big writeup?
    Shhhhhhh.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_NH
    replied

This team is getting people to sit up and take notice. I plan to come down from NH for tonight's game. I hope they find enough places to push the snow without taking up parking spots to do it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X