Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied
    Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Bentley fans can vote for Brett Switzer, Alex Grieve and Brett Gensler's line as top line in country

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...es-bill-arnold

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

I have not been to Ritter, but I do not get Dan's analogy with WAB and Agganis. As he notes himself, soon after Agganis was built, BU won a NC. Who cares whether WAB was a hostile place to play if the Terriers were not getting to the FF? Ditto for UNH; Snively had a loud fan base, but the Cats had been horrible for years until the Whitt was built, when within three years they began a run of four FF appearances in six years. Better facilities generally mean better recruiting, which means better results, IMHO.
    Last edited by Snively65; 01-10-2014, 04:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mar7967
    replied

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    I catch the vibe that the CC will never really let the school take away what makes them great, but I still fear them being pushed back from the ice (jesus they're on top of everything at Ritter) or being policed. I know the BU student section still retains some of their charm from the older days at WBA, but the crowd itself got neutered by the building's sterility. It became totally different.

I have complete faith in the RIT fan base because it's so loyal that they will fight changes to their game experience. I just really hope the school is smart enough to recognize that and keep them involved.

I do find it funny that attendance at the AHA Championships is ludicrously affected by when RIT isn't in.

Certain people have been trying to police the corner crew for as long as I have been there. It has gotten worse since all home games have been televised too. Some things will never change.

Leave a comment:

• schiegs
    replied

http://youtu.be/BT3J3_5wb8A

Good video piece on the Fenway game. I like the production quality, especially the piping in of extra crowd noise.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Updating the chase on history.

http://jarpride.com/2014/01/09/chasing-history-rit/

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
    As someone pointed out to me on twitter (I retweeted the article), RIT's Corner Crew made it's presence known in Albany and Detroit in 2010, and at Blue Cross Arena everytime - so that's promising.
    I catch the vibe that the CC will never really let the school take away what makes them great, but I still fear them being pushed back from the ice (jesus they're on top of everything at Ritter) or being policed. I know the BU student section still retains some of their charm from the older days at WBA, but the crowd itself got neutered by the building's sterility. It became totally different.

I have complete faith in the RIT fan base because it's so loyal that they will fight changes to their game experience. I just really hope the school is smart enough to recognize that and keep them involved.

I do find it funny that attendance at the AHA Championships is ludicrously affected by when RIT isn't in.

Leave a comment:

• mar7967
    replied

Thanks for the feedback and the repost. What started as dislike for the RIT fans turned into begrudging respect and now turned into one of my favorite fan bases. I know I want Bentley to win because I respect the fans like hell, and I love their chants and wish we could get more of that into the AHA. I know they needed a new building, and I know that Ritter outlived its usefulness, but that doesn't mean I can't miss it.

It's like Veterans stadium in Philly or old Boston Garden. It needed to go, but the fans have never been the same since. I REALLY hope that doesn't happen to RIT and that the fans ensure that it becomes the premier place to play.
    As someone pointed out to me on twitter (I retweeted the article), RIT's Corner Crew made it's presence known in Albany and Detroit in 2010, and at Blue Cross Arena everytime - so that's promising.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
    From an RIT fan, I love the article - I think it summarizes the fears of many fans at RIT. I am going to repost your link on the RIT thread.
    Thanks for the feedback and the repost. What started as dislike for the RIT fans turned into begrudging respect and now turned into one of my favorite fan bases. I know I want Bentley to win because I respect the fans like hell, and I love their chants and wish we could get more of that into the AHA. I know they needed a new building, and I know that Ritter outlived its usefulness, but that doesn't mean I can't miss it.

It's like Veterans stadium in Philly or old Boston Garden. It needed to go, but the fans have never been the same since. I REALLY hope that doesn't happen to RIT and that the fans ensure that it becomes the premier place to play.

Leave a comment:

• mar7967
    replied

It's the end of an era for the RIT Tigers, who are leaving the Ritter for Polisseni Center at the end of this year.

http://jarpride.com/2014/01/09/end-of-an-era-for-rit/
    From an RIT fan, I love the article - I think it summarizes the fears of many fans at RIT. I am going to repost your link on the RIT thread.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

It's the end of an era for the RIT Tigers, who are leaving the Ritter for Polisseni Center at the end of this year.

http://jarpride.com/2014/01/09/end-of-an-era-for-rit/

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
    The "shifting" I referred to was to the shorten bench both ends resulting in tired players. Sinvely seemed to understand that. It started first period and the team was not down.
    That's actually a really common practice for teams that are trailing or teams that are tied in a close game. I've spoken with several coaches in the AHA who always talk about the period of the game when they shorten the bench. They compare it to football's four-down territory or the similar scenario in basketball when benches get shortened in the fourth quarter. I see what you're saying (thanks for clarifying, I totally just missed that), but the shortening of the bench is fairly common practice.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

What shifting? The coaches pulled Kyle O'Brien in the second game, and honestly, this past weekend, O'Brien had one of his worst games on Friday. It was just a down game for him and he needed a night off on Saturday. I didn't think there was a bad shift in the roster at all.

All coaches are using the benches just fine. They maybe double shift their top line down the end of a game trailing because that's what you're supposed to do. You want your first line on with 2 minutes left, not your 4th line.

And yes, it was uninspired TEAM hockey. In the words of Bill Belichick, didn't play offense well, didn't play defense well, didn't coach well, needed to be better on special teams. All phases of the game were outplayed, but what you're saying makes no sense to me. Maybe it's just described wrong and I misunderstood, which happens.

This past weekend is put to bed and moved on, just like the undefeated streak should be put to bed and moved on from. One game at a time!
    The "shifting" I referred to was to the shorten bench both ends resulting in tired players. Sinvely seemed to understand that. It started first period and the team was not down.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    What shifting? The coaches pulled Kyle O'Brien in the second game, and honestly, this past weekend, O'Brien had one of his worst games on Friday. It was just a down game for him and he needed a night off on Saturday. I didn't think there was a bad shift in the roster at all.

All coaches are using the benches just fine. They maybe double shift their top line down the end of a game trailing because that's what you're supposed to do. You want your first line on with 2 minutes left, not your 4th line.

And yes, it was uninspired TEAM hockey. In the words of Bill Belichick, didn't play offense well, didn't play defense well, didn't coach well, needed to be better on special teams. All phases of the game were outplayed, but what you're saying makes no sense to me. Maybe it's just described wrong and I misunderstood, which happens.

This past weekend is put to bed and moved on, just like the undefeated streak should be put to bed and moved on from. One game at a time!
    I do not think that I saw the fourth line at all on the third period on Friday night; I thought that first and second lines were gassed by midway through the third. If it had not been for the "TV timeouts," could have been worse.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
    Uninspired TEAM hockey, maybe, but coming into a 2 game stand on an 8 game unbeaten streak and the double shifting starts in the first period in first game, what can you expect? 3/4th liners scored the goals on Saturday night. Trust the players use the bench. Depth on D is mythical, blowing leads in the Sacred Heart, AIC and Niagara losses. The shifting there caused more harm than good. If the Head Coach wants this season, it's now or never, it's his Team and should be his call.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Niagara is much better than their record would indicate.

My thoughts on the weekend: http://jarpride.com/2014/01/06/storylines-niagara/

I thought Bentley played uninspired hockey, but I don't think it's the end of the world. Every AHA team that's been great has had a lull in the schedule where they get caught napping. The trick is to bury the door shut and not let it become something greater. I'll probably go into more detail in the week upcoming's This Week feature, but this gears it back towards Bentley instead on a league-wide level.

I'm in the process of moving, so no, I didn't change my shirt. But now I can. WHich is a good thing.
    Uninspired TEAM hockey, maybe, but coming into a 2 game stand on an 8 game unbeaten streak and the double shifting starts in the first period in first game, what can you expect? 3/4th liners scored the goals on Saturday night. Trust the players use the bench. Depth on D is mythical, blowing leads in the Sacred Heart, AIC and Niagara losses. The shifting there caused more harm than good. If the Head Coach wants this season, it's now or never, it's his Team and should be his call.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X