Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
    I am not making excuses for the team but the ice was soft and choppy! I felt like I was walking on very soft ice! Not great for a team built on speed! We really dominated game other than 10 minutes of the second. Take care of u con and we should be fine.
    Fortunately, UConn also lost last night, so the Falcons' fate remains in their own hands.

Leave a comment:

• wwjg1158
    replied
    Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

I am not making excuses for the team but the ice was soft and choppy! I felt like I was walking on very soft ice! Not great for a team built on speed! We really dominated game other than 10 minutes of the second. Take care of u con and we should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Marginsky is out for the season. He broke his arm!
    Ouch, that is a big hole to fill, especially on the PK.

But, Weinstein delivered again last night, along with first line. Mercyhurst was smart in taking only two penalties last night. Need to goad the Lakers into taking more penalties tonight.

Leave a comment:

• wwjg1158
    replied

Marginsky is out for the season. He broke his arm!

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

They will need it as one of our d men is out......So now comes the difficult issues of injuries.
    From box, looks like Marginsky missed game. Also, looked like a clean game overall, with two minors each. Pretty equal SOS, with Bentley up 34-30, especially with big advantage in first. But, appears that Zay (18-26) dominated Grieve (9-25) in the FO circle; did that matter much? Although was hoping for two, good to hold onto the one point. Go Falcons! Huskies are breathing down your necks.

Leave a comment:

• wwjg1158
    replied

Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
    solid game vs Holy Cross barring the shortie against. Power play unreal!!! Komm palyed great per usual and the dmen stepped up having to go to only 5 from early 1st. Hope they keep it pulled together for the weekend, steady, no forcing it. You mentioned you would be heading there , updates if you can...

They will need it as one of our d men is out......So now comes the difficult issues of injuries.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

I have heard that one of our D men was injured this weekend and out for the season. I hope the injury bug stays away from us but every team has to deal with set backs.
    solid game vs Holy Cross barring the shortie against. Power play unreal!!! Komm palyed great per usual and the dmen stepped up having to go to only 5 from early 1st. Hope they keep it pulled together for the weekend, steady, no forcing it. You mentioned you would be heading there , updates if you can...

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    So a little more detail. The site went down a little bit overnight, and I'm having a coding problem that's preventing me from uploading anything. I've lost several posts over the past few weeks. I am looking into what happened and will update it as soon as I can. I don't have an estimated time of fix yet, mostly because I have my real day job and need to work on it in my free time, of which I have big things going on there so I can't really do it until at least tonight. If I can't fix it tonight, then I'm really limited in when I can work on it. I took down the site so it doesn't crash any of your computers in the process.

If any of you have any questions or would like to discuss with me, please email me at excalibursportspage@gmail.com
    Bummer, Dan. You heading out to Erie for the weekend? Good luck with site and safe travels.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

I'm having some web issues and the site went totally down for a bit overnight. Working on getting it back but can't post anything.
    So a little more detail. The site went down a little bit overnight, and I'm having a coding problem that's preventing me from uploading anything. I've lost several posts over the past few weeks. I am looking into what happened and will update it as soon as I can. I don't have an estimated time of fix yet, mostly because I have my real day job and need to work on it in my free time, of which I have big things going on there so I can't really do it until at least tonight. If I can't fix it tonight, then I'm really limited in when I can work on it. I took down the site so it doesn't crash any of your computers in the process.

If any of you have any questions or would like to discuss with me, please email me at excalibursportspage@gmail.com

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied
    Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
    Curious as to "who quoted". Link is gone, mind sharing what was said?
    I'm having some web issues and the site went totally down for a bit overnight. Working on getting it back but can't post anything.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Wow, I hope that the Falcons are not looking as far beyond this weekend as it sounds from those quotes. I think that every bit of focus should be on this weekend, and especially on the first game. Anything other than that will be a major distraction. The Falcons need to continue their disciplined play, stay out of the penalty box, roll all four lines and three defense pairs, play team defense in front of Komm, and avoid screening him. The Falcons offense will take care of everything else, especially their power play. Defense is key. The Falcons must win the first game of this series.
    Curious as to "who quoted". Link is gone, mind sharing what was said?

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Let's look at what's at stake this weekend.

http://jarpride.com/2014/01/29/winni...winning-later/
    What happen to the blog????? humm.....

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Judging from the way that it is, the Falcons are focused on this weekend as part of the larger goal. They are not focused on the playoffs, but they are focused, as Coach has said, on the larger picture and this game's presence in it. The fact that this is 1-vs-2 is secondary to it being a league game with two big points up for grabs.
    Agreed, but 4 points up for grabs each of the five weekends. I say take each game, and maybe each series if they win the first game, one at a time, and the rest will fall into place. Cannot take their eye off the ball (puck?), which is the next game.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Wow, I hope that the Falcons are not looking as far beyond this weekend as it sounds from those quotes. I think that every bit of focus should be on this weekend, and especially on the first game. Anything other than that will be a major distraction. The Falcons need to continue their disciplined play, stay out of the penalty box, roll all four lines and three defense pairs, play team defense in front of Komm, and avoid screening him. The Falcons offense will take care of everything else, especially their power play. Defense is key. The Falcons must win the first game of this series.
    Judging from the way that it is, the Falcons are focused on this weekend as part of the larger goal. They are not focused on the playoffs, but they are focused, as Coach has said, on the larger picture and this game's presence in it. The fact that this is 1-vs-2 is secondary to it being a league game with two big points up for grabs.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Let's look at what's at stake this weekend.

http://jarpride.com/2014/01/29/winni...winning-later/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X