Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

    Know Your Enemy: Maine

    http://jarpride.com/2013/07/10/know-your-enemy-maine/
    Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

    Comment


    • Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

      I heard from a pretty good source, who will not be named, that we will be traveling to Quinnipiac on October 16th for our remaining OOC game, not a big surprise, as was predicted here by Dan and others when UML game fell through. I believe that this will be first time that we have played a team in the NC game the year before, so in that sense this is an upgrade over UML. So, with Nebraska-Omaha (2 games), Maine, Harvard, Merrimack, and BU, that is another impressive OOC slate; kudos to Ryan and his admin for putting this one together.

      Comment


      • Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

        With three N/C games within 45 minutes of campus, it'll be interesting to see if Bentley develops a road contingent. I know a lot of people looked at the Harvard game simply as a good venue to see a game away from the JAR, regardless of the opponent. Good showings at BU and MC could result in a little bit of a reputation as "those loud obnoxious fans" from Bentley.
        Bentley University Hockey
        On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

        Comment


        • Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

          Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          I heard from a pretty good source, who will not be named, that we will be traveling to Quinnipiac on October 16th for our remaining OOC game, not a big surprise, as was predicted here by Dan and others when UML game fell through. I believe that this will be first time that we have played a team in the NC game the year before, so in that sense this is an upgrade over UML. So, with Nebraska-Omaha (2 games), Maine, Harvard, Merrimack, and BU, that is another impressive OOC slate; kudos to Ryan and his admin for putting this one together.
          Snively - I can't confirm or deny that Quinnipiac is in play; nobody has confirmed it to me, but since I haven't spoken with anyone either, I can't say one way or the other as of right now. Thanks for mentioning this. Outside of Bentley, I've heard that Q'pac and Bentley are consistently looking at one another. Ryan has a great relationship with Rand Pecknold, who sometimes gets a bad rap for being truculent with the media or coming across arrogant. Behind the scenes, I've found out that he's a great guy with a lot of love for the AHA programs, and he stayed at Quinnipiac mostly because he felt obligated to continue something he was building there instead of bolting for UMass. He has done a good job building the team into a national power, and being able to play them would be an honor for Bentley given that they just lost the national title game. Any time that name shows up on your schedule, your skates get laced up a little bit tighter!

          One of the things the coaching staff is stressing more and more is the need to play solid against OOC competition. Quinnipiac is a prime example, but Bentley will need to do better than just one OOC win in this slate. Maine and Harvard present potential victories if Bentley can recover from last season's hangover, and Merrimack and BU offer opportunities to showcase the program. UNO is a team building experience since it's the opening trip to a great arena and a great experience in an underrated city.

          If Quinnipiac comes through, as others have mentioned, Bentley will have five OOC games against in-region competition, all of which are less than 3 hours of driving, not including conference opponents. It would be great for the school and alumni to throw support behind the team; there was a contingent tailgating out at Michigan the last two years. I would love to see that rise up and make Bentley a tough and loyal fan base.
          Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

          Comment


          • Originally posted by eXcSports;
            If Quinnipiac comes through, as others have mentioned, Bentley will have five OOC games against in-region competition, all of which are less than 3 hours of driving, not including conference opponents.
            Better hope that the Maine State Police are looking the other way if you are driving to Orono in under 3 hours, Dan. :-)

            Comment


            • Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

              Bentley Schedule posted online: http://bentleyfalcons.com/sports/mice/2013-14/schedule
              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

              AHA Pick'em spreadsheet 2019-2020: https://tinyurl.com/AHApickem19

              RIT Tigers
              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
              Men's Frozen Four 2010
              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

              Comment


              • Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

                Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Better hope that the Maine State Police are looking the other way if you are driving to Orono in under 3 hours, Dan. :-)
                Shortest I've ever made it is 3.5 from Boston to Orono. No traffic and I'd prefer to not speak of how fast I was going. I was in a Chevy Impala that had something something under the hood.

                I'll have some analysis and kickback from the coaches and people I'll talk to later. I have a couple of meetings before I can dive into it. Stupid real job....

                Off the top, I won't be in Omaha or at the first Sacred Heart game or Maine. Will most likely be at Quinnipiac, and will definitely be at Harvard, Merrimack, and BU barring unforeseen circumstances.
                Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                  Ok, so my source gave me the wrong date for our trip to play the Q, which will be the following Tuesday the 22nd, with a trip to Sacred Heart on Wednesday the 16th. The 22nd works out better for me, so if I can make only one of these two games, it will be the Q.

                  I still miss not having the home and home against our biggest rival on the final weekend of the regular season.
                  Last edited by Snively65; 07-11-2013, 06:31 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Ok, so my source gave me the wrong date for our trip to play the Q, which will be the following Tuesday the 22nd, with a trip to Sacred Heart on Wednesday the 16th. The 22nd works out better for me, so if I can make only one of these two games, it will be the Q.

                    I still miss not having the home and home against our biggest rival on the final weekend of the regular season.
                    Look within the schedule for everyone.

                    http://jarpride.com/2013/07/14/the-road-warriors-cometh/
                    Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

                    Comment


                    • Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

                      Bentley's 0-17 lifetime as a D1 program against Q'pac. So there's that.

                      http://jarpride.com/2013/07/16/know-...my-quinnipiac/
                      Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        .........we will be traveling to Quinnipiac........for our remaining OOC game.......... I believe that this will be first time that we have played a team in the NC game the year before.........
                        I will correct myself on this one, as of course we played two games in Ann Arbor two years ago, as noted by Dan in his column above; embarrassing slip for me, as these two games were my biggest road trip ever for college hockey, other than Frozen Fours.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

                          Continuing offseason coverage with the KYE on BU. This is the game I know I'm looking forward to the most.

                          These might start coming fast and furious (or at least I hope so!) over the next few weeks now that we're going to start looking in conference. Season is fast approaching, too!

                          http://jarpride.com/2013/07/17/know-...on-university/
                          Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

                          Comment


                          • Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

                            Let's keep it rolling, shall we!

                            Happy Friday with Merrimack.

                            http://jarpride.com/2013/07/19/know-...imack-college/
                            Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

                            Comment


                            • Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

                              Keep it going with Air Force and starting in on the AHA opponents.

                              http://jarpride.com/2013/07/22/know-...emy-air-force/
                              Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                                Keep it going with Air Force and starting in on the AHA opponents.

                                http://jarpride.com/2013/07/22/know-...emy-air-force/
                                Yikes, Thanksgiving week seems so far away. As much as I think that we must play one game at a time, I am annoyed that we are playing so few games at home during the first half. Perhaps I will fly to Colorado at Thanksgiving, as I have a place to stay there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X