Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wwjg1158
    replied
    Re: Bentley Falcons 2013-2014: No offseason. No excuses.

Seriously guys....do you really think this was the collapse you all have been waiting for? Look Komm didn't have his best weekend why else did the coach pull him? The team is depleted and certainly don't have all of their players, in fact they were short a player. So just chill they need one win or 2 points to get the first round bye. .........Let's hope some people rejoin the team next week and they can pick up at least one win. It is senior night next Friday so maybe they will play with some energy. I hope you can dial it back just a bit as a collapse well I think not!

Leave a comment:

• schiegs
    replied

At least this year's squad had the decency to wait until February to utterly collapse.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

When was the last time that Bentley got swept by Sacred Heart in the regular season? A bye and home ice could go down the drain. Gotta relearn how to score goals 5 on 5.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Win by Bentley tonight and a loss by either Robert Morris or UConn gets Bentley the bye. Not thinking UConn will lose to Army a second time and RMU had a big win last night.

Leave a comment:

• beenthere77
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Huge missed opportunity for Falcons to gain a point on the Lakers.
    Very Huge and at this point can't discount as an anomaly(ie the battle cry of the past AIC game). Eyes open. Only good thing is it happened before playoffs so Soderquist gets a preview of what can happen. One goal lead with just minutes remaining is shut down time, different agendas' = bad outcome.

Komm was literally run over on a goal and not a player on the ice did a thing about it, giving Sacred Heart no cause for pause about repeating it again tonight! Blue collar...

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by schiegs View Post
    I hearby withdraw this observation.
    Huge missed opportunity for Falcons to gain a point on the Lakers.

Leave a comment:

• schiegs
    replied
    Originally posted by schiegs View Post
    The biggest difference I've noticed this year is that they are winning (nearly) all the games they are supposed to win, and doing well against teams where losses are acceptable. In previous years, there seemed to be little correlation between where their opponent stood in the standings, and the final score. Beat Air Force, lose to AIC. With a few exceptions, they are winning the winnable games.
    I hearby withdraw this observation.

Leave a comment:

• Humanoid
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Mercyhurst has home and homes with Niagara and Bobby Mo their last two weekends. Air Force entertains a struggling RIT team in the Springs this weekend, and visits Niagara for two their last weekend. UConn plays home and homes with Army and Sacred Heart their last two weekends. If Mercyhurst picks up only five points, the Falcons could overtake them.
    That'll boil down to the last weekend. Niagara is missing pieces that mean they'll lose to Mercyhurst.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    For our purposes,

Bentley needs 4 points to seal up a first round bye.
    Mercyhurst has home and homes with Niagara and Bobby Mo their last two weekends. Air Force entertains a struggling RIT team in the Springs this weekend, and visits Niagara for two their last weekend. UConn plays home and homes with Army and Sacred Heart their last two weekends. If Mercyhurst picks up only five points, the Falcons could overtake them.

Leave a comment:

• Humanoid
    replied

Question leading into next week - if Bentley seals up the first round bye this week, would you consider resting Komm for one of the two games? I know he's played a ton of minutes, and he's well equipped, but if there's nothing to gain on Saturday, I would let Gabe Antoni get the start. As we saw against Holy Cross 2 years ago, Blake Dougherty took an injury on the last day of the year. If there's nothing left to gain, I'd let Komm rest a day. Remember that Bentley has to finish a full point ahea dof Mercyhurst, so the two point deficit is really 3 because of the head-to-head tiebreaker scenario.

Leave a comment:

• Humanoid
    replied

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
    We’d like to respond to the criticism directed at Bentley fans this past week. To begin, we’d like to apologize to anybody that’s been offended. Obviously, it’s not our intention to create an atmosphere that would make anybody uncomfortable. Our conduct regarding the Army players in the penalty box was unacceptable, and we assure you that it will never happen again. Running down to the glass to scream at the referee was raw emotion and was inappropriate. This being said, we have no control over every student at the game. We know there was a separate group of students who constantly yelled obscenities, something with which we disagree. Granted, we should have acted more respectfully as well. We want everyone to enjoy games at the JAR. After all, we’re rooting for the same team.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the actions of the students at last night’s game. We look forward to next week against Sacred Heart, and continuing our battle for an AHA Championship.
    Cool beans, dudes. I know that you guys have been great in all that you do, and following the articles, you've been hyper involved. I look forward to making at least next week's game against AIC and the playoff series at the JAR! Let's make it great.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

For our purposes,

Bentley needs 4 points to seal up a first round bye.

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Last words before SHU this weekend:

http://jarpride.com/2014/02/20/final...-sacred-heart/

Leave a comment:

• eXcSports
    replied

Congrats to Matt Blomquist on being named AHA Co-Player of the Week.

http://jarpride.com/2014/02/19/blomq...r-of-the-week/

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
    Hunting history at Sacred Heart this week:

http://jarpride.com/2014/02/18/chasi...-sacred-heart/
    So, four more regular season games, and somewhere between two and nine post-season games to ratchet up those personal stats. However, a trip to the NCAAs would trump all of that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X