Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

We're getting a 2MM hit + our splits with the BTHC, thanks to the BTN. You're right, who needs those 2 for 1's.

Move along trolls, nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
      We're getting a 2MM hit + our splits with the BTHC, thanks to the BTN. You're right, who needs those 2 for 1's.

Move along trolls, nothing to see here.
      But I'm having so much fun reading the complaints about the unfair scheduling deals and then seeing things like, "we won't miss you." or "who needs you?" all while they post in the Michigan or B1G threads, clearly showing they already miss us.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        But I'm having so much fun reading the complaints about the unfair scheduling deals and then seeing things like, "we won't miss you." or "who needs you?" all while they post in the Michigan or B1G threads, clearly showing they already miss us.
        Priceless snark coming from schools that didn't do d!ck the last two decades+, haven't seen the NCAA light of day for so long, blaming it on the B1G anchor schools or the CCHA, then wallowing in their self righteous vitreol (in our thread!!) about how much they hate us and our scheduling policy- as if they have any leverage.

Comment

The conference portion of the schedule is out:

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...050813aac.html

I like playing Ohio State the night before the football game; hopefully that's something they can make happen every year. If the football season ends with M-OSU, Wisconsin-Minnesota and Michigan State-Penn State the Big Ten could make it a regular feature of the hockey schedule to have those teams play their conference hockey opener that Friday night in the same city.

The rumors of Thursday and Sunday games were greatly exaggerated; all 9 of Michigan's home games are Friday (6) and Saturday (3). I also hope there is a non-conference game or two at home in December or January, otherwise a 2-month layoff between home games would be a little too long for my tastes.

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Originally posted by Alton View Post

I like playing Ohio State the night before the football game; hopefully that's something they can make happen every year. If the football season ends with M-OSU, Wisconsin-Minnesota and Michigan State-Penn State the Big Ten could make it a regular feature of the hockey schedule to have those teams play their conference hockey opener that Friday night in the same city.

The rumors of Thursday and Sunday games were greatly exaggerated; all 9 of Michigan's home games are Friday (6) and Saturday (3). I also hope there is a non-conference game or two at home in December or January, otherwise a 2-month layoff between home games would be a little too long for my tastes.
            You do have the GLI; that's practically home...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              You do have the GLI; that's practically home...
              No, it isn't. The GLI will be played in an essentially empty Comerica Park this year.

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Completely agree. The nc schedule has been described to me as "fluid" per a unnamed coach I have contacted.

Comment

No, it isn't. The GLI will be played in an essentially empty Comerica Park this year.
                  Not to mention a half empty JLA most of the time. That's 40 miles away from A2, FWIW. Minnesota's Xcel is actually closer to their campus than JLA is to any of the Michigan B1G schools.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                    Not to mention a half empty JLA most of the time. That's 40 miles away from A2, FWIW. Minnesota's Xcel is actually closer to their campus than JLA is to any of the Michigan B1G schools.
                    Could have fooled me when I went in 2009...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Could have fooled me when I went in 2009...
                      Fans from Michigan or MSU show up if in the GLI final. Otherwise, it's a tomb.

Comment

I guess we have a schedule...

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...052113aaa.html
                        Originally posted by alfablue
                        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                          I like having more non-conference games. It will be great to see some teams we don't face very often. Lots of Hockey East... home vs. BC, BU, and UMass-Lowell but 1 game each. And then the trip I'm already planning: 2 games at UNH.

Is it hockey season yet?
                          I guess I'll just have to watch the NHL for now.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            I like having more non-conference games. It will be great to see some teams we don't face very often. Lots of Hockey East... home vs. BC, BU, and UMass-Lowell but 1 game each. And then the trip I'm already planning: 2 games at UNH.

Is it hockey season yet?
                            I guess I'll just have to watch the NHL for now.
                            Hopefully the haters can take a look and see the pair of AWAY games with UNH, the one with RIT, and the pair with UNO.

Speaking of RIT, is it safe to think that you would go to that game? Or does the ban reach to away games as well?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Hopefully the haters can take a look and see the pair of AWAY games with UNH, the one with RIT, and the pair with UNO.

Speaking of RIT, is it safe to think that you would go to that game? Or does the ban reach to away games as well?
                              The haters will just see 5 away games vs. 7 home and 2 GLI that they will call home games. So 5 away, 9 home, haters will continue to hate.

As for RIT, I should extend his ban to away games. We already went to a pair of games at RIT a couple years ago (vs. Air Force). I'm more excited to get to new rinks..and with the UNH games soon after, I'll probably skip RIT. Unless boyfriend really wants to go, and will pay for the trip (then maybe I'll even let him wear my RIT jersey).

Arenas visited:

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

That's funny... the "ban".

Yeah, I commented about the nc schedule on a different thread. Waiting to see the all haters comments poke holes in what I think is the toughest schedule I have seen Michigan play since the WCHA days. The only conference, btw, that U-M isn't playing is the ECAC.

Comment

Working...
                                X