Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

    To be fair, when was the last time Michigan played a true non-conference away series (i.e. two games in a row against the same team on their ice)?

    I count 1993 against Alaska Fairbanks.

    On the other side of the coin, Michigan was regularly involved in the College Hockey Showcase that required a road trip to Minnesota/Wisconsin every other year.

    At the end of the day, I don't think you can fault Michigan too much for their schedules. They routinely play strong or historically strong schools either on neutral ice or on the road. The Wolverines just don't play a lot of traditional road series like many other programs.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      I've always equated them to Illinois football fans. They hate us, which I understand. What I fail to understand is why they think we are rivals.
      When I got their head coach, Mike Kemp, to admit that he had a "newbie" fan base, that's all the answer I ever needed to hear

      They just don't know any better

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

        Originally posted by Mile High Hockey View Post
        To be fair, when was the last time Michigan played a true non-conference away series (i.e. two games in a row against the same team on their ice)?

        I count 1993 against Alaska Fairbanks.

        On the other side of the coin, Michigan was regularly involved in the College Hockey Showcase that required a road trip to Minnesota/Wisconsin every other year.

        At the end of the day, I don't think you can fault Michigan too much for their schedules. They routinely play strong or historically strong schools either on neutral ice or on the road. The Wolverines just don't play a lot of traditional road series like many other programs.
        What I don't understand is why opponent fans make a big deal about it. At least 2 games were already spoken for (GLI) every season and at least two more were spoken for when the CHS was in existence. That only left 2-3 more available nc games to be played each season(depending on exemptions) since the CCHA played a 28 game schedule. Do you not think that those would be played at home given the chance? It's not like "other conferences" that had less conference games, or "other programs" that needed more road exposure.

        Now the B1G is here, the opportunity for more road OOC series will become a reality.

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

          Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
          Not revving an engine, nor trolling, I look forward to the team playing more diverse non-conference teams
          So glad to hear that, Bill. Of course you're not trolling, but that can't be said for the originator of this dialog.

          Comment


          • #80
            Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

            north dakota plays a whopping two series on the road next season against non conference teams. at bemidji state and at bu

            Comment


            • #81
              Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

              Next year's captains were announced at the banquet yesterday:

              Captain - Mac Bennett
              Alternates - Derek DeBlois
              Andrew Copp
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



              Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

              Comment


              • #82
                Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                Next year's captains were announced at the banquet yesterday:

                Captain - Mac Bennett
                Alternates - Derek DeBlois
                Andrew Copp
                Not much of a surprise. Let's hope Guptill and PDG stick around. Not very approachable at the banquet.

                My other candidate for future leadership: Zach Hyman. The guy is smart, efficient and competitive- much like Copp. Both are quiet, strong types.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                  Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                  I love UNO fans,
                  They are the best because they scream the loudest that they are the best.....so it must be true
                  They're still bitter that we stole Ortmeyer...
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                    I saw a report that Michigan is playing Boston College next season. Does anyone know if that will be at BC or at Michigan?

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                      Originally posted by GJD66 View Post
                      I saw a report that Michigan is playing Boston College next season. Does anyone know if that will be at BC or at Michigan?
                      My understanding is that it will be at Michigan. I believe both BC and BU are coming to Ann Arbor for 1 game.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



                      Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                        Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        My understanding is that it will be at Michigan. I believe both BC and BU are coming to Ann Arbor for 1 game.
                        Thanks, that would be great. I went there the last time BC played and had a great trip.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                          Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          Not much of a surprise. Let's hope Guptill and PDG stick around. Not very approachable at the banquet.

                          My other candidate for future leadership: Zach Hyman. The guy is smart, efficient and competitive- much like Copp. Both are quiet, strong types.
                          Looking down the road a bit, what do you know from a leadership capacity standpoint about J.T. Compher? He wears (or at least wore when visiting Munn) the 'C' for Team USA, says all the right things that a Michigan fan / coach probably wants to hear, appears to already get under our skin and his credentials in terms of numbers are pretty clear.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                            Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                            Looking down the road a bit, what do you know from a leadership capacity standpoint about J.T. Compher? He wears (or at least wore when visiting Munn) the 'C' for Team USA, says all the right things that a Michigan fan / coach probably wants to hear, appears to already get under our skin and his credentials in terms of numbers are pretty clear.
                            Compher (and the rest of the incoming freshmen) appear to be well credentialed and are said to be "good character kids". He will be joining Evan Allen and Tyler Motte (former USNDT) in Russia for the U-18 championships (which the USA has won gold four straight years). From what I could see in his appearance at Yost, he is a take charge guy, emotional and is eager to play for Berenson. These guys played with Trouba, DiPauli, Barber, Copp, Rutledge etc two years ago. Being that Copp was given an 'A' as a Sophomore, it would be tough to figure these guys not being cut out of the same cloth as far as leadership potential.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                              Michigan adds USHL netminder Zach Nagelvoort to the program in 2013-14.

                              No speculation on who the odd goalie out is between Rutledge, Dwyer and Janecyk. Racine is assumed to be the #1 coming into the Fall.
                              Last edited by streaker; 04-11-2013, 01:00 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                                Trouba: First team all-America.

                                http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...041213aaa.html
                                Originally posted by alfablue
                                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X