Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Nice experiment with Steve. But by now the rust should be gone. 5 hole seems to have gotten bigger. Granted, the D aint exactly helping out, but come on.

I think Zach should start the rest of the way.
    Racine makes some outstanding saves, but they come at a price (as you mentioned-5 hole). 'vort had his confidence blasted at Penn State.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
      Racine makes some outstanding saves, but they come at a price (as you mentioned-5 hole). 'vort had his confidence blasted at Penn State.
      Marty had is bad nights, Steve Shields did, too. Montoya was horrible some nights.

Skill wise, Nagelvoort is clearly better than Racine. Attitude wise, he is, too. His only question is focus. And as far as I can tell, his focus against Penn State was pretty much the same as the rest of the team- he may have let in 4 goals, but the rest of the team did nothing at all.

But I'm not the coach.

Comment

It was so nice to see another team actually skate with the Gophers. Very refreshing. Our upcoming bye week will be more exciting than games against Becky or Sparty.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Marty had is bad nights, Steve Shields did, too. Montoya was horrible some nights.

Skill wise, Nagelvoort is clearly better than Racine. Attitude wise, he is, too. His only question is focus. And as far as I can tell, his focus against Penn State was pretty much the same as the rest of the team- he may have let in 4 goals, but the rest of the team did nothing at all.

But I'm not the coach.
          Nagelvort let in 3 goals in the first period against PSU before getting pulled. One of those he should have had. Maybe it's not fair to compare Racine's performance against a team like Minnesota with Nagelvort's performance against what should be lesser opponents. I don't care, I was surprised to see Racine start. I think Nagelvort has done well and has been getting better. But, like alfa, I'm not the coach.

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          It was so nice to see another team actually skate with the Gophers. Very refreshing. Our upcoming bye week will be more exciting than games against Becky or Sparty.
          As much as I disliked the result of those games, they were fun to watch.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
            Nagelvort let in 3 goals in the first period against PSU before getting pulled. One of those he should have had.
            I disagree, he should have had all three. His head wasn't there, but either was the rest of the teams...
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Whenever Guptill is benched, it seems the energy is higher. Tonight the team played an outstanding game.

However, he is a star against ohio. Play him next week if he earns his way back into the lineup?

I'm getting so sick of this crap with him. How many games now has he missed due to his poor work ethic/inconsistency?
                  ---
                  National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                  Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                  19 Conference Championships
                  10 Conference Tournament Championships
                  2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                    Whenever Guptill is benched, it seems the energy is higher. Tonight the team played an outstanding game.

However, he is a star against ohio. Play him next week if he earns his way back into the lineup?

I'm getting so sick of this crap with him. How many games now has he missed due to his poor work ethic/inconsistency?
                    Well, if he follows the path as some of the would be seniors did in the past, he'll bolt for Dallas in the NHL and end up an AHL bum.

Comment

• This third page crap is unacceptable. We can't be there with sparty.

Bump...

Comment

Nice article on Copp in CHN...

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...8_top_copp.php

In other news I'm starting to see why people hate Minnesota, I'm red again. It was even a Michigan-Minny thread and they still neg. repped me.

Comment

I still think Nagelvoort is a better goalie, but based on how the team plays, I think it's time to run Racine a few more times.

We've seen this in past seasons where the team just plays better in front of one goalie over the other, no matter the skill of the net minder. And while Racine's numbers are slightly worse, his winning record is better enough to go on the stats.

Comment

I still think Nagelvoort is a better goalie, but based on how the team plays, I think it's time to run Racine a few more times.

We've seen this in past seasons where the team just plays better in front of one goalie over the other, no matter the skill of the net minder. And while Racine's numbers are slightly worse, his winning record is better enough to go on the stats.
                            I think I'm with you on this. Maybe it was also watching on tv/listening to the Fox Sports guy, Racine made some great saves. From my spot in Yost it's sometimes difficult to see the quality of saves/opposing team chances during 2/3 of the game.

It's nice to have two decent goalies that can win games. I just wish we had one that could steal games.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              I think I'm with you on this. Maybe it was also watching on tv/listening to the Fox Sports guy, Racine made some great saves. From my spot in Yost it's sometimes difficult to see the quality of saves/opposing team chances during 2/3 of the game.

It's nice to have two decent goalies that can win games. I just wish we had one that could steal games.
                              Racine is an unorthodox goaltender that often overplays his side to side angles. Minnesota took advantage of that- it reminded me of the goaltender in Slapshot.

Nagelvoort has lost some of his confidence and will need to get it back soon. He is the guy Berenson wants to lean on but just has not kept the pucks he should out of the net.

Comment

someone has to start a weekend thread. wT I'm sure thinks I should not. But, geez- it's MSU for crying out loud. They are the #1 hockey rival for us.

It would be nice if we saw the shooters from the Sunday games this weekend, but who knows.

streaker- your view on Nagelvoort relative to what you think Red wants makes my wife happy- she's a HUGE fan of Zach. I'd like to see the team play better in front of him, though. Why they change so much- that would be good to figure out.

Comment

Working...
                                X