X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Decent tie. I still hate shootouts.
    Michigan's PP has become pathetic again- and with six, versus 1 for the Badgers, plus a penalty shot, the Wolverines had their chances. The waived off goal was debatable especially since Rumpel initiated the contact by extending his arm at Sinelli. Killer since a few minutes later Zengerle scored (and hot dogged it.)

Copp is going to have nightmares about his chance in OT. So, yeah, fair result, take the extra point although Wisconsin holds the series edge for pairwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by streaker View Post
      Michigan's PP has become pathetic again- and with six, versus 1 for the Badgers, plus a penalty shot, the Wolverines had their chances. The waived off goal was debatable especially since Rumpel initiated the contact by extending his arm at Sinelli. Killer since a few minutes later Zengerle scored (and hot dogged it.)

Copp is going to have nightmares about his chance in OT. So, yeah, fair result, take the extra point although Wisconsin holds the series edge for pairwise.
      I personally didn't think that there was even a question as to the goal bring waived off. I had no problem with the outcome.
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        wT I hope you are getting paid for the cheer ads!
        I loved those signs.
        Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post

I'm not sure what to make of the power play- I give them a lot of credit for not forcing the issue, and just blasting shots into the D. Even though they did that. And eventually, they even got a few shots that made it all the way to the net. But those more illustrated the shooting problems we have by hitting the goalie in his chest. The in the crease calls looked close- as in they were being pushed in and the goalie expanded is area some. At least they had a player in front of the goalie.

The views we saw of the wave off- I can see why the ref's called it that way. But who started it- it was hard to see in that shot. I think the ref originally thought Sinelli tucked the puck in first, but it went out, deflected in, and we get what we got.

Didn't expect to see Wisconsin try to play a mental game like that. Didn't seem to work all that much- the team was more deflated by the wave off than the badger pretending he did something really special. That, and they took some pretty stupid penalties that were more attitude related than bad plays- two post whistle calls on them were pretty weak kind of play, if you ask me. So you can hit someone after the whistle- I can do that too- it doesn't score any goals, though. Then our guys came out in the third and mostly dominated the play. It was interesting to see the game mostly slant to our end of the ice a lot- but then we were ones putting a lot of shots and pressure on them. Wierd.

That all being said- once again, the players looked very gassed at the end of the game. Both teams were only running two lines at the end, but our team looked a little more tired than theirs. Our strength and conditioning coach better get is act together- only Copp has much ice time in the last two months relatively.

So the big concerns- still shooting and scoring (and the power play as a result), conditioning, and still some weak defensive play. Well, one guy.

Comment

Good weekend of hockey. Congrats on the points and I look forward to the possibility of meeting up again in the post season. Some great goaltending both ways, fast paced play... It was fun to watch except for the outcomes. Although given the disparity in pp's last night, the tie almost felt like a win. Without two of our best forwards, Barnes and Kerdiles, (each point/game guys) I thought Michigan was obviously much better at the top, (Guptil was a monster on Friday with 8 shots) but the Badgers are probably better in the bottom six. If we can get healthy I think a B1G tournament game would be an exciting match up. Michigan's relentless pressure is hard to play against and I expect good things for you down the stretch.

Having said that, I still hate you all.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Those were some very exciting hockey games. Good to get 5 points on the weekend.

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
              I loved those signs.
              I was very surprised when it got on the big screen. I guess the cameraman didn't get the joke. Now all I need is to get a racing suit covered in ads like NASCAR. Except that might give Dave Brandon ideas.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Good weekend of hockey. Congrats on the points and I look forward to the possibility of meeting up again in the post season. Some great goaltending both ways, fast paced play... It was fun to watch except for the outcomes. Although given the disparity in pp's last night, the tie almost felt like a win. Without two of our best forwards, Barnes and Kerdiles, (each point/game guys) I thought Michigan was obviously much better at the top, (Guptil was a monster on Friday with 8 shots) but the Badgers are probably better in the bottom six. If we can get healthy I think a B1G tournament game would be an exciting match up. Michigan's relentless pressure is hard to play against and I expect good things for you down the stretch.

I love this post. Thanks Wisko. Pretty snotty stuff in this thread. Minny still the team to beat
                in this conference and it starts in goal.

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
                  I love this post. Thanks Wisko. Pretty snotty stuff in this thread. Minny still the team to beat
                  in this conference and it starts in goal.
                  Yeah, and with that said... I hope both of you lose next weekend to each other so your fanbases can start four different threads about how great you used to be and how the B1G Ten conference sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    I'm not sure what to make of the power play- I give them a lot of credit for not forcing the issue, and just blasting shots into the D. Even though they did that. And eventually, they even got a few shots that made it all the way to the net. But those more illustrated the shooting problems we have by hitting the goalie in his chest. The in the crease calls looked close- as in they were being pushed in and the goalie expanded is area some. At least they had a player in front of the goalie.

The views we saw of the wave off- I can see why the ref's called it that way. But who started it- it was hard to see in that shot. I think the ref originally thought Sinelli tucked the puck in first, but it went out, deflected in, and we get what we got.

Didn't expect to see Wisconsin try to play a mental game like that. Didn't seem to work all that much- the team was more deflated by the wave off than the badger pretending he did something really special. That, and they took some pretty stupid penalties that were more attitude related than bad plays- two post whistle calls on them were pretty weak kind of play, if you ask me. So you can hit someone after the whistle- I can do that too- it doesn't score any goals, though. Then our guys came out in the third and mostly dominated the play. It was interesting to see the game mostly slant to our end of the ice a lot- but then we were ones putting a lot of shots and pressure on them. Wierd.

That all being said- once again, the players looked very gassed at the end of the game. Both teams were only running two lines at the end, but our team looked a little more tired than theirs. Our strength and conditioning coach better get is act together- only Copp has much ice time in the last two months relatively.

So the big concerns- still shooting and scoring (and the power play as a result), conditioning, and still some weak defensive play. Well, one guy.
                    Disagree on the waive off. If the official thought initially that Sinelli ran into Rumpel he would have waived the goal off immediately. He didn't. He counted it. I don't think they have indisputable proof that Sinelli made contact prior to the goal. The overhead view is sketchy, but Rumpel came up in his crease to meet Sinelli, not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      The feeling is mutual...
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Hope you guys are having more fun in the B1G than we're having in Hockey East. My posting has dwindled to nearly nothing lately because finding HEA posters who aren't complete ******s is difficult, to say the least. Nothing like many of the CCHA teams where a lot of the posters seemed to be actual normal people who knew how to have intelligent conversation. And most of you Michigan folk were at the top of that list. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                          Hope you guys are having more fun in the B1G than we're having in Hockey East. My posting has dwindled to nearly nothing lately because finding HEA posters who aren't complete ******s is difficult, to say the least. Nothing like many of the CCHA teams where a lot of the posters seemed to be actual normal people who knew how to have intelligent conversation. And most of you Michigan folk were at the top of that list. Good luck the rest of the way.
                          Hockey East is full of rich-****s who think they are awesome. I coulda told you that. It's like being in a conference full of Michigan wanna-be's. Oh wait....

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                            Yeah, and with that said... I hope both of you lose next weekend to each other so your fanbases can start four different threads about how great you used to be and how the B1G Ten conference sucks.
                            Stinging response Streaker. I'm crushed.

You really suck. What a D k.

No NCAA Hockey titles in your town for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
                              Stinging response Streaker. I'm crushed.

You really suck. What a D k.

No NCAA Hockey titles in your town for quite a while.
                              Go suck an egg fart.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                                Rough season in conference, IHF. Come by any time, but don't be disappointed if I wish that we don't meet in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X