Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

    Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Not sure how one comes up with that- I saw a check from behind which stunned/injured Claire that was not called at all. Pretty bad.
    Yeah, that was pretty blatant miss. The penalties IIRC were 5-4 in favor of MSU, who was 0-3 on the PP. Michigan was 0-2. I don't know how Michigan was "given the game" other than with the screw up on the waived off goal. We don't have annnnnny sympathy when it comes to that topic.

    I'll take the win for sure, especially with a kid scoring the GWG that has been snakebit. Compher and Copp and not much else is getting to be alarming.

    Comment


    • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

      Originally posted by streaker View Post
      Compher and Copp and not much else is getting to be alarming.
      Seems like no players want to remove themselves from the not much else category.

      Compher, Copp and Moffatt have contributed to expectation this year.

      The other seniors need to play like seniors, although Bennett has a significant responsibility fixing last year and dealing with the team's deficiencies this year.

      Guptill is still way too streaky.
      Need more from PDG.

      Nieves, Hyman, DeBlois and the freshman Motte, Kile and Allen...six scholarship players combine for 12 goals.
      Brutal watching this offense. Is it the lack of playmaking centers, or inability to finish? Seems like a lot of stonehands around the net.

      Comment


      • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

        Originally posted by alnike View Post
        Brutal watching this offense. Is it the lack of playmaking centers, or inability to finish? Seems like a lot of stonehands around the net.
        Being that I want to be optimistic about the team, I'm going to *hope* that a big problem is the current schedule. So few games in such a long time- so the time of year where we would see some significant improvement in scoring (now) may be delayed by a month or so. If the team can re-establish the pressure in the other team's zone, then perhaps they will relax a bit, and start finding the shooting zone.

        It's so hard to make a conclusion based on this MSU team- they could play really well- so we are as good as we look, OR they just are over-extending themselves- so what we see is better than reality. next week's series against Wisconsin will be quite telling. And even then- I'm not sure- they looked SO good at the beginning of the first game, only to, well- start off with a two goal defecit after one.

        Anyway, it is hard to watch, as it's stressful (and shouldn't be). I'll keep one eye on the game (if we are home).

        Comment


        • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

          Originally posted by willythekid View Post
          Helped a little? Of course if you watched the game, the refs were going to give the game to michigan any way...
          Wow, the Lil'Brother crew has already arrived.

          Willy T.?
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

          Comment


          • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

            Well, last night's game was fun to watch. Gave up the PPGs on State's first 2 opportunities, but then the penalty kill started doing better. Looked great 5 on 5. Good to see DeBlois with a couple goals. Loved Mac Bennett's goal.

            Great to get a 6 point weekend, especially with a road win.

            Next weekend vs. Wisconsin will be huge. Go Blue!
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



            Arenas visited:
            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

            Comment


            • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

              Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              Well, last night's game was fun to watch. Gave up the PPGs on State's first 2 opportunities, but then the penalty kill started doing better. Looked great 5 on 5. Good to see DeBlois with a couple goals. Loved Mac Bennett's goal.

              Great to get a 6 point weekend, especially with a road win.

              Next weekend vs. Wisconsin will be huge. Go Blue!
              JT Compher- 2G 2A. I want this kid for at least two more years. Seems that the confidence is back- more jump in their skates, more movement on the PP, more attacking style from the blueline forward. Of course, this wasn't Minnesota or Wisconsin, but important wins nonetheless.

              Every line contributed last night- that is what I have been looking for.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by streaker View Post
                JT Compher- 2G 2A. I want this kid for at least two more years. Seems that the confidence is back- more jump in their skates, more movement on the PP, more attacking style from the blueline forward. Of course, this wasn't Minnesota or Wisconsin, but important wins nonetheless.

                Every line contributed last night- that is what I have been looking for.
                First let me say that I've never met JT, next I'll say that I think he's gone after his Sophomore year. Just a feeling, but it'd love if he was around 3 or 4 years...
                Last edited by UMICH; 01-26-2014, 01:54 PM.
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                Comment


                • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                  So, game tonight. New season, right? It has been a while since I have been to Yost, let's hope I remember where my seat is.

                  Game time is 6:30, btw.
                  Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

                  If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

                  You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

                  Comment


                  • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                    Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                    So, game tonight. New season, right? It has been a while since I have been to Yost, let's hope I remember where my seat is.

                    Game time is 6:30, btw.
                    I bet it's empty until 7:20 or so.

                    Not only is tonights game at 6:30, so it tomorrow's- according to my mgoblue app.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                      Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                      So, game tonight. New season, right? It has been a while since I have been to Yost, let's hope I remember where my seat is.

                      Game time is 6:30, btw.
                      Good luck finding your seat.

                      I've never really cared where my seat is. Hopefully the ushers don't ask to see my ticket.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



                      Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

                      Comment


                      • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                        Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        I bet it's empty until 7:20 or so.

                        Not only is tonights game at 6:30, so it tomorrow's- according to my mgoblue app.
                        stupid tv. (says the girl who may end up recording both games even though she will be attending them)
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



                        Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

                        Comment


                        • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                          Ultimate Michigan Hockey Fan Contest -

                          If you don't have a favorite in this UM Athletic Dept contest, I would really appreciate your votes. I've been a dedicated fan of Michigan Hockey for decades. You can vote multiple times and I hope you will help. Thanks! Here is the link:

                          http://www.mgoblue.com/fanzone/ultimate-hockey-fan.html

                          Jim Kirk
                          The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                            Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                            Ultimate Michigan Hockey Fan Contest -

                            If you don't have a favorite in this UM Athletic Dept contest, I would really appreciate your votes. I've been a dedicated fan of Michigan Hockey for decades. You can vote multiple times and I hope you will help. Thanks! Here is the link:

                            http://www.mgoblue.com/fanzone/ultimate-hockey-fan.html

                            Jim Kirk
                            Done!

                            Comment


                            • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                              Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                              Ultimate Michigan Hockey Fan Contest -

                              If you don't have a favorite in this UM Athletic Dept contest, I would really appreciate your votes. I've been a dedicated fan of Michigan Hockey for decades. You can vote multiple times and I hope you will help. Thanks! Here is the link:

                              http://www.mgoblue.com/fanzone/ultimate-hockey-fan.html

                              Jim Kirk
                              Done. Now that I have a face to put to the screen name, I might just say "hi" at a game or a Dekers event, as I know I've seen you around.

                              Also, I had difficulty voting for such a contest as I believe myself to be the ultimate Michigan fan. No, I didn't enter, despite my love of UM hockey, the prize would be wasted on me as I'll be in Texas for a wedding during the conference tourney.
                              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



                              Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

                              Comment


                              • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

                                This weekend's games have been on the schedule @ 6:30 since it first came out.
                                Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                                Row 1
                                Seats 6 & 7
                                Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass


                                9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X