Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Fridays game is on BTN, we all get that. However Saturdays game is on FSW, I live in Michigan and therefore do not have access to it. Does anyone know if FSD will pick it up or of any internet feed?
    Apparently tonight's game is on FSD+....
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
      Anyone know why Boo isn't playing?
      He's playing tonight so I have no idea what was up with yesterday...
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Both from what I could tell and from what I heard from friends sitting at the opposite end of the arena, the Michigan fans at the Kohl Center were pleasant. I was happy to hear this, because I tend to root for Michigan in things when it doesn't impact the Badgers, because of some previous connections. And while I admit I partook in a not-so-friendly version of your fight song, I did do the proper arm motions.

That's the good news. The bad news is that Nagelvoort may be a death eater.

Comment

Michigan is going to much better off without Guptill. I can see why Red sat him in games going back to last year due to attitude.

If showed the fire he did DURING games from the start instead of running his mouth and starting trouble when Michigan has already been beat, maybe I wouldn't feel this way.
          ---
          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
          19 Conference Championships
          10 Conference Tournament Championships
          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
            Michigan is going to much better off without Guptill. I can see why Red sat him in games going back to last year due to attitude.

If showed the fire he did DURING games from the start instead of running his mouth and starting trouble when Michigan has already been beat, maybe I wouldn't feel this way.
            Agreed. Too often it looks like he is coasting. I'd rather have a less talented hard working guy (like a Danny Fardig) than an attitude problem.

I admittedly didn't watch much of Friday's game. Saturday I saw many good looking chances that we didn't finish on. That's been a theme this season.

Michigan's last win was Dec. 2 vs. aOSU. I thought we always had a holiday slump, Nov - Dec but then turn things around in January. Well, only 3 more games this month. Hopefully we avenge the GLI loss to Sparty in a couple of weeks. A good sweep of State could set us back on track.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

This was tough to watch this weekend. Friday was a total pig abortion. Playing on the road is tough enough, playing at Wisconsin or Minnesota is nearly impossible if you don't get the lead and take the crowd out of the game. Nagelvoort's mistake, combined with an offense that has no balance at all is all the Badgers needed. If it wasn't for Copp in this series, we may have been limited to one goal the entire series. Credit Rumpel for that- he was darn good, too.

This was a toal team breakdown- none of the facets are playing to their capabilities. The defense has been porous for some time and now the goaltending is faltering- although Nagelvoort played well in spurts over the two games. The PP has scored twice in the past five games. The PK hasn't been too bad, but I think that is more to the opponent than our effort. The 5x5 offense is limited to what Copp generates. None of the other top six- Guptill, PDG, Moffatt, Motte, Compher and Deblois/Nieves have finished their chances- and there were chances. The bottom lines- Hyman, Shuart, Selman, Lynch and Allen have played admirably but also have not contributed much offensively.

On defense, take your pick- none of the top six are playing well and are contributing zero to the offense. And that begs the question as to where Chiasson is and why Sinelli is playing on the blueline.

This team had so much promise and is now playing their way out of the NCAA tourney again. Wisconsin was more aggressive and pounced on their chances. They have goalscorers and scrap. The rematch in two+ weeks may be anti-climatic if we don't start winning some games.

Comment

I predict Michigan will allow ZERO goals against this weekend.

This makes me happy.

Someone please remind me of that happiness Thursday when I'm trying to get to Detroit on time for a hockey game.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Word is, Lohan may return for Wisconsin in a couple weeks. Still awaiting clearance from the doctors. Doing conditioning/skating now, no contact. That would be a big lift for a beleaguered blue line.

Just wish that our offense would start showing up again. I can't see how a guy like Guptill would think he is NHL (more like AHL) ready with the production he has so far. Nothing but empty jawing last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Someone please remind me of that happiness Thursday when I'm trying to get to Detroit on time for a hockey game.
                    Don't forget that we will be battling Auto Show traffic on Thursday. Should make parking extra fun.
                    The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                      Don't forget that we will be battling Auto Show traffic on Thursday. Should make parking extra fun.
                      I had forgotten. Thank you for the reminder. Now I'll have to think even more about where I want to park. I usually walk through Cobo to get to the Joe. That could be crowded.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Still lacking scoring and the waived off goal helped us a little but I'll take it.

Comment

I could only stand to watch the game in bits and pieces. But a win is a win.

Considering the recent past, this could have been a sign that we were on a big slide. Even with posts on other boards saying that a major problem was the schedule, and lack of actual play- it's pretty obvious that the team's scoring problems were starting to infect the D.

One real goal against (and one called off one? I missed that- and the highlight) is not bad. We got a lot of shots off on a team that is normally strong in preventing shots. Again, they are not good shots, but at least the volume didn't go down. Shoot more, and the grace will come back.

Being that we are up in the EL tonight, I hope we can stay with this momentum, and build that to getting a game on our home ice for the first time in almost 2 months. Man, that's a long time. I wonder if people forgot that there's a season going on....

Comment

the waived off goal helped us a little
                            I would say it helped more than a little. Having a one goal lead less than a minute into the game would have had Michigan reeling. We did lose to MSU 3-0 less than a month ago.
                            Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Still lacking scoring and the waived off goal helped us a little but I'll take it.

Helped a little? Of course if you watched the game, the refs were going to give the game to michigan any way...

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                                Helped a little? Of course if you watched the game, the refs were going to give the game to michigan any way...
                                Not sure how one comes up with that- I saw a check from behind which stunned/injured Claire that was not called at all. Pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X